Question about speaker quality

1. dunka
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

dunka , Dec 11, 2018 :
    I'm really considering getting this but I'm not sure on the single speaker. My past phones all had stereo front facing speakers ( HTC One, Moto X Pure and my current phone Axon 7) All had great sound quality and can hear them in a crowded room. Can the same be said about the 6t. I only need to be able to hear the phone ring while it's in my pocket. I've read that the vibration isn't that strong and while at work or outside need to be able to hear it ring.

Thanks

2. Oleksandr Baba
    Eclair Dec 12, 2018

Oleksandr Baba , Dec 12, 2018 :
    In my opinion the speakers are very good and very loud. But! in landscape mode you cover it with your fingers way too easy. This is probably the biggest minus for me in this phone, otherwise it's great.

dunka likes this.
  3. dunka
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

dunka , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Thanks, I went to a T-MOBILE store today to play around with it. Overall I love the phone, love the feel in hand and the size, and of course Oxygen OS. The only thing holding me back is the speaker.

4. Oleksandr Baba
    Eclair Dec 13, 2018

Oleksandr Baba , Dec 13, 2018 :

dunka

Thanks, I went to a T-MOBILE store today to play around with it. Overall I love the phone, love the feel in hand and the size, and of course Oxygen OS. The only thing holding me back is the speaker.​

if you can live with the speakers I totally recommend this phone, worked flawlessly for me ever since I bought it. For games and videos holding it in landscape is the only disadvantage though.
    One more thing. I usually never put a case on my phone, really hate how cases change the way your phone feels. But because this phone is so slippery and has such clicky buttons, which is perfect for cases, a case is required here and I really like it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

5. Sighn
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2018

Sighn , Dec 13, 2018 :
    Speaker quality is surprisingly good, among the best I've heard from a phone of this size with a single speaker. The only obvious problems is no stereo separation and the potential of covering the speaker with hands. Nevertheless I was less satisfied with my Pixel 2 XL which, although having front stereo speakers, had it's own share of issues.