[Question] Is anyone here on Net10/Straight Talk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    May 5, 2014

2. Kibbity
    Gingerbread May 5, 2014

Kibbity , May 5, 2014 :
    Sorry about being unable to provide an answer, but I have a question to ask: When will they be changing to the new bands, and will they replace their old ones, or add to them.

I'm on the same plan as you, and now I'm concerned. ^^;

3. Deactivated User
    May 5, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014

Kibbity likes this.
  4. Fredy00
    Eclair May 5, 2014

Fredy00 , May 5, 2014 :
    I've been with Straight Talk since September '13 and I have no problem with it. Yes it's 3gb high speed data per month if you go over they pull you back but because I always use WiFi at home and at my job I have no problem.

5. Deactivated User
    May 5, 2014

6. Fredy00
    Eclair May 5, 2014

Fredy00 , May 5, 2014 :
    Not at all, and yeah I use LTE phone I have a nexus 5 and a Nokia 925

7. Deactivated User
    May 5, 2014

8. Fredy00
    Eclair May 5, 2014

Fredy00 , May 5, 2014 :
    quote="trechoy, post: 386051, member: 24515,deltag: 1"]Apologies, this post has been deleted by author.[/QUOTE]
    I'm using the Nokia right now and that is T-Mobile phone but the nexus doesn't say anything and when you buy the Sim card they give a instructions on how to set up the APN

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. kb1376
    Eclair Nov 29, 2014

kb1376 , Nov 29, 2014 :
    I'm on net 10, got my one plus yesterday and everything is working fine. Easy setup

10. rebeccareus
    Donut Dec 10, 2014

rebeccareus , Dec 10, 2014 :
    Please help- got my OnePlus, but I can't switch my Net10 number on to the phone.

I put the SIM Card in, and call/texting works, but not internet. (Unless I'm connected to wifi).

It has been like this for a day.

11. Vladka
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2014

Vladka , Dec 10, 2014 :
    I have striaghttalk on my g3. It's actually good. I was surprised. Idk about the opo. I'll post a review once I get one

cody1960 likes this.
  12. jpeet19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2014

jpeet19 , Dec 10, 2014 :
    How is the coverage? Have you traveled with this service? I am considering this as well.

13. Jardani
    KitKat Dec 10, 2014

Jardani , Dec 10, 2014 :
    I didn't know Tmob is doing that - I guess my OPO ownership might be shorter than I planned.

14. ScytheDX
    Froyo Dec 10, 2014

ScytheDX , Dec 10, 2014 :
    StraightTalk runs on AT&Ts network, which is fantastic. You get AT&Ts reliability, without even having to deal with AT&T! It's a win-win!

cody1960 and gopirque like this.
  15. rebeccareus
    Donut Dec 10, 2014

rebeccareus , Dec 10, 2014 :
    Nevermind! I spoke with someone online, and he directed me to a URL that allowed me to configure my APN properly. Thanks!

sjketchen likes this.
  16. benluca
    KitKat Dec 10, 2014

benluca , Dec 10, 2014 :
    I've used NET10 before. The overall service was good but Support and Customer service was very poor.

gopirque likes this.
  17. blackfeather
    Froyo Dec 10, 2014

blackfeather , Dec 10, 2014 :
    I was on StraightTalk when I got my OPO (before it was lost). SF Bay area. This was after Virgin Mobile. What a difference!!! StraightTalk runs on ATT. It's worth a try out in your area wherever you are. Try it with a one month pay as you go before your port your number.

cody1960 likes this.
  18. ronclon
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2014

ronclon , Dec 10, 2014 :
    Just to be clear Straight talk runs on T-mobile, ATT. They also have Straight Talk phones which use Verizon but not sim cards I believe. I am using it. The talk of the throttling is really old news. They do a 3 GB of high speed data a month now. If you go over then of course they throttle you but before it could happen quite randomly. On the OnePlus One the APNs are already done, you just have to choose the correct one, on other unlocked phones I have had you had to set it up. I've never had any hassle with activation and do it myself through their site. Never needed customer service since all the info you need is already available on the web.

19. AntMunny
    KitKat Feb 7, 2015

AntMunny , Feb 7, 2015 :
    What URL?

20. gopirque
    Eclair Feb 12, 2015

gopirque , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Yes and Yes. I use Net10 and my wife uses StraightTalk - they are both Tracfone subsidiaries. As @ronclon mentioned the throttling is old news and neither of us have had any issues since we switched to the ATT Sims when we moved. However, I had TERRIBLE Customer Support when I switched her from a Nexus 4 to a Moto X. Let's just say I almost dropped both after that experience and started heavily looking at others like Cricket, Republic, and at the time AIO (now owned by Cricket). The long of the short of it was that I tried using the same SIM (which a rep told me I could before I bought the phone) and when I got the Moto X and switched SIMs it didn't work. That led me down very long phone calls with what I would call Tier 1 and Tier 1.5 support...I didn't get anyone who actually knew answers to my questions until several hours and phone calls later. Lesson learned was that for normal things, their support is just fine but breaking through that middle layer if you have real technical issues can be a major battle.

However, as far as their cell service goes it just works and we're still both using Net10 and StraightTalk.

Here's to hoping my transition from my Nexus 4 to OPO goes smother.