Question of the Week 10: Customization

?

Tell us your top 4 choices

Poll closed Jan 11, 2016.
  1. Profiles (eg: automatic settings based on time or place or certain actions)

30.8%
  2. Specialized Software (eg: connected apps like custom dialers, etc)

23.6%
  3. Oxygen Gallery

27.2%
  4. Oxygen Media Player

15.9%
  5. Better Theme Options

45.9%
  6. Hardware Button Remapping/Customization (eg: alert slider customizing, long pressing volume buttons)

55.2%
  7. Software Remapping (software nav button options, etc)

21.9%
  8. Customizable Offscreen Gestures

34.4%
  9. Double Tap to Turn Off Screen

43.8%
  10. More Launcher Options (grid size, notification bar customization, editing quick settings)

59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhaval.soneji
    Donut Jan 6, 2016

dhaval.soneji , Jan 6, 2016 :
    I want a 6x6 lockscreen not a petty 3x3 it's a joke

anzi2001 likes this.
  2. kunalgola
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

kunalgola , Jan 6, 2016 :
    1.) Better camera software without slow shutter glitch.
    2.) more gestures..
    3.) increased battery backup.
    4.) more customisation and useful apps.
    5.) better sound enhancements.
    For oneplus one.... And especially with cm 13 and android 6 marshmallow.... All this i want for perfect oneplus one...

3. pughaz
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

pughaz , Jan 6, 2016 :
    I need a brand new theme with your own apps for gallery, music to make one plus distinct from others.

4. SilentDecode
    Donut Jan 6, 2016

SilentDecode , Jan 6, 2016 :
    1. Oxygen Media Player
    2. Better Theme Options
    3. Hardware Button Remapping/Customization
    4. More Launcher Options
    Answers:
    1. Google Music sucks bigtime.. I was used to Apollo on my CyanogenMod Samsung Galaxy S2. Now have the non CM version, called 'JoeAppolo'. Still waiting for a good mediaplayer for stock ROM.
    2. Themes.. Hmm.. Can you choose themes now? Nope. Bad luck. Gives your phone a nice touch, which I like.
    3. I've had this features on my CyanogenMod Samsung Galaxy S2, to assign music playback controlls if you press the volume buttons long. I wish I had this feature from the first day I got my phone (Mid October 2015).
    4. The standard launcher still sucks bigtime. You can't add a second 'quick access rail', like I had in CyanogenMod. You can't do the fun stuff and changing backgrounds is not available if you have your whole screen full of icons. I wish there was a setting from the Android 'Settings'.

Adding some stuff:
      Please update the stuff for rooted phones, so we don't have to flash the whole system over and over again. Okay, you are the first company in way to long, who supports 'rooting'. I'm glad with that. That's one of the most important reasons why I bought the OnePlus Two 64GB. But flashing a rooted phone, isn't really my thing. Most of the time I postpone the upgrade, because it's more work than normal flashing.
    Adding more stuff:
    1. Better camera performance. It's really slow.. I'm not even using the default camera app anymore. 9 out of 10 pictures were blurry. Google Camera is a bit quicker, but not very much. Please fix this.
    2. My sound, sounds really messy sometimes. When I've got my headset in the phone, sometimes the equalizer doesn't work anymore and my music sounds really tinny. To get rid of this "feature", spares me a lot of time rebooting the phone.
    3. Since the 2.2.0 update (with root, ofcourse), my earpiece is on really low volume while I make a phonecall. I can set the volume to max, but it's not helping. If I'm outside and a car passes by, I can't hear what the human on the other end of the call, is saying.
    4. A tiny bit longer battery life. I don't do very much with my phone, but I don't want it to always be put in 'low power mode'. Although 'Doze' comes to Android 6.0, there is still some work to do.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016

5. habelog
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

habelog , Jan 6, 2016 :
    1. Better Theme Options
    2. More Launcher Options
    3. Hardware Button Remapping/Customization

Most important: Possibility to change the lockscreen picture. I had to download an app with costum lockscreen only to change the lockscreen picture. Pls add this to Options.

6. aryan9825
    Eclair Jan 6, 2016

surfrndk likes this.
  7. realalez
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

realalez , Jan 6, 2016 :
    Hello OnePlus,
    In a future software update , you can enter the audio profiles ( in nofication bar).. such as Samsung Sony,HTC,LG ? I appreciate it.
    thank you #NeverSettle

8. MichelMM
    Froyo Jan 6, 2016

MichelMM , Jan 6, 2016 :
    Forget OxygenOS. Just give us back a CyanogenMod ROM for new and previous OnePlus Two buyers and most of us will be happy.

9. Killer1986
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2016

Killer1986 , Jan 6, 2016 :
    I just want to OxygenOS run correctly and smooth with no lag and freeze, thats all I want

10. Elvisgeorge
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

11. anzi2001
    Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2016

anzi2001 , Jan 6, 2016 :
    Custom roms :D u can go 6x6 :D

12. corvonero
    Froyo Jan 6, 2016

DeFQoN_1_469 likes this.
  13. Shneef
    Donut Jan 6, 2016

Shneef , Jan 6, 2016 :
    Could really use some notification badges on OxygenOS without installing another launcher ...

14. kruse77
    Eclair Jan 6, 2016

kruse77 , Jan 6, 2016 :
    1. Camera Software Processing, Slow Shutter, Raw?, HD Picture, API2 for manual options unlocking!!!
    2. More theming options!
    3. Equilizer Standalone app like Maxx Audio for One
    4. GPU performance upgrade
    That all would be great, but the camera software unlock/ upgrade would be awesome.
    Best regards
    André

15. lucasL
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

16. lucasL
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

17. lucasL
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

18. lucasL
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

19. lucasL
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

20. niteshkumar.nic
    Froyo Jan 6, 2016

niteshkumar.nic , Jan 6, 2016 :
    Why you don't understand the thing that people are fed up of your oxygen then need cyanogen eagerly but you just impose the oxygen don't you see your sales goes to the down when you introduce oxygen the worst os ever in my life
    Please do re-introduce cyanogen we want cyanogen we want cyanogen we want cyanogen we want cyanogen