Question of the Week 10: Customization

?

Tell us your top 4 choices

Poll closed Jan 11, 2016.
  1. Profiles (eg: automatic settings based on time or place or certain actions)

30.8%
  2. Specialized Software (eg: connected apps like custom dialers, etc)

23.6%
  3. Oxygen Gallery

27.2%
  4. Oxygen Media Player

15.9%
  5. Better Theme Options

45.9%
  6. Hardware Button Remapping/Customization (eg: alert slider customizing, long pressing volume buttons)

55.2%
  7. Software Remapping (software nav button options, etc)

21.9%
  8. Customizable Offscreen Gestures

34.4%
  9. Double Tap to Turn Off Screen

43.8%
  10. More Launcher Options (grid size, notification bar customization, editing quick settings)

59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lion1982
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

2. HJeffrey
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

3. Anas.B
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2016

Anas.B , Jan 8, 2016 :
    I want an Oxygen Gallery and Media Player. Also hardware button customization and more launcher options.

4. Seifer780
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2016

5. Deactivated User
    Jan 8, 2016

6. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2016

MaxLikesTurtles , Jan 8, 2016 :
    Lol, don't people understand how double tap to wake and double tap to put to sleep are different? One would be way more inconvenient if accidentally triggered, and far easier to trigger.

7. mawerick_mc
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

mawerick_mc , Jan 9, 2016 :
    I need alert slider customization so much... :( i do not use at all currently. What i need is to be able to define for each of the 3 positions of the alert slider is: WiFi, Mobile Data, GPS, Vibration, Call Volume, Media Volume, Screen Brightness.

That way i could define myself 3 states, "Don't disturb" , "At home" and "Outside".

That would be awesome

8. ddbobade
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

9. Angalv
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2016

10. Neenajindal
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

11. mwayner
    Lollipop Jan 9, 2016

mwayner , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Nothing to add. Satisfied that my four choices are also the most popular. Well, one thing. Hydrogen OS has this option to lock apps in the 'Recents' list. Would love to see that in Oxygen.

12. Draken013
    Donut Jan 9, 2016

Draken013 , Jan 9, 2016 :
    How about creating a phone with hardware buttons, a removable battery, expandable storage, and a hardware keyboard? Slate it for release in late 2018 as the "Happy 10th Birthday On The Market, Android" device?

13. miqueasgl
    Donut Jan 9, 2016

14. dhaval.soneji
    Donut Jan 9, 2016

dhaval.soneji , Jan 9, 2016 :

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IN NEW ROMS IS...
    THE OPTION TO DO OTAS WITH ROOT SO I DONT HAVE TO KEEP FLASHING STOCK SYSTEM IMAGE THEN OTA THEN ROOT THEN XPOSED, IT GETS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!
    IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO DO OTAS WITH ROOT ON CM THEN WHY NOT ON OOS?!?

THANK YOU ALL
    (ESPECIALLY BOB (THERE MUST BE A BOB AT ONEPLUS HAHA)!)

15. augusto.fj
    Froyo Jan 9, 2016

augusto.fj , Jan 9, 2016 :
    I love the feel of the Oneplus 2 but i definitely miss CM12 i used to have in my Oneplus One :(

Radeon962 likes this.
  16. Radeon962
    KitKat Jan 9, 2016

Radeon962 , Jan 9, 2016 :
    My son has taken over my Oneplus One and he is loving CM. It really provides great options for customizing and is very quick and fluid throughout.

17. dreniacdre
    KitKat Jan 9, 2016

dreniacdre , Jan 9, 2016 :
    There are some differences between OxygenOS for OPO, OP2 and OPX.
    I know the hardware is different, but I am talking about general software functions and settings.
    It almost looks like Oneplus has three development teams, not always talking to each other.
    It would make more sense to develop on one OS base unified for all three devices and have device specific functions added to this.
    Basically creating three building blocks:
    1 AOSP (Google development)
    2 OxygenOS Base (Oneplus development)
    3 Oxygen device specific (Oneplus/Qualcomm/Other 3rd party development)

Else with new models added this year, it would become difficult to keep the basic functionality the same across the devices. This especially counts for the features mentioned in the poll (to stay on topic).

ElieIrani likes this.
  18. michal.petras11
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

19. kkschmidt
    Eclair Jan 9, 2016

kkschmidt , Jan 9, 2016 :
    As far as I'm concerned, though I'm sure people will have varying opinions, if I can add functionality with extra software, like Nova or Apex launchers, there's no reason to bake it into the ROM. Having said that, there are tweaks that can't be easily added with software.

- DPI Changing: In a world where many tech companies purposefully obfuscate useful information and make UI's huge and screen-real-estate-wasting (looking at you Gnomeshell, Evernote, Spotify), manufacturers advertise their screen sizes in inches rather than pixels, (that 640x480 7 inch display isn't gonna do you much good) it's nice to know that we can still change the DPI to allow more content to display on our screens at one time. My Moto G 1st edition with a DPI changer actually shows more on the screen than my OneplusX (which I love too) despite having inferior resolution and screen size.

- Redshifting Live Display Night Mode: I have horrible sleep hygiene. I stare at white lit screens well into the single digit hours of the morning. CM and some other roms have the ability to "redshift" the screen to make this less detrimental to your internal clock. It's a nice option to have, and I don't think it's really possible with just software on an unrooted device. (correct me if I'm wrong!)

Other than that, I'd just like to see Oxygen keep up with the Android Release cycle. I'm quite happy with my 1+x so far!

ElieIrani likes this.
  20. bivin123
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2016