2. No.

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Krisko
    User of the Year 2013 May 3, 2016

Adam Krisko , May 3, 2016 :
    Hello everyone,

Until devices have infinite battery life, or we discover something that gives unlimited energy (Sadly the “buttered bread taped to the back of a cat” machine doesn’t actually work :rolleyes:) charging is a necessary evil. But we want to help make it a bit easier, so if you remember that a few weeks ago I had you fill out a questionnaire about charging, good! If not, here’s your chance to jump on the feedback train. This week, the product team is back again with some more questions on charging, and the accessories you use to do so.

Congrats to the winner of last week @21tahak. As always, I’ll be in contact with you shortly to get your info for some OnePlus swag.

Buttered bread cat video

Please note: This video is linked to for fun and all rights are with the original creators. Also, we laughed and didn’t want to exclude you from our office fun.

djscanman, Vinkel, pbergonzi and 49 others like this.
  2. aenews
    KitKat May 3, 2016

aenews , May 3, 2016 :
    Nice :)

Filled. Would love to see QC 3.0 and USB Type-C on the next flagship as well as USB 3.1 if possible. Definitely don't have a problem with USB Type-C not being fully adopted, and at this stage in the game it will be and has largely been embraced by every major vendor anyways.

Vinkel, strafer, vsm007 and 2 others like this.
  3. itsmesdn
    Honeycomb May 3, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  4. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator May 3, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  5. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator May 3, 2016

superplus , May 3, 2016 :
    haha very important stuff indeed! :D where are we without the ability to charge our various devices these days [​IMG]

and awesome video :p only knew about the cat-toast thing theoretically or maybe from a web comic or so :cool:

Runesh, ChrisTerp, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  6. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 3, 2016

youbi , May 3, 2016 :

So you are saying that this isn't true?!? :screamcat::eek: Damn you all marketing teams and your evil tricks. :mad::p:D

Form filled. ;)

Edit:

Until now I've always charged my tech with is own charger, but recently I bought a Huawei watch that came with a faulty charger (made a weird buzz sound) so after I got a refund and since I was buying a charger, I ordered one from Aukey with 3 usb ports for charging the op2, ipad and the watch. So far its working great, and for traveling it will be simpler to use. :)

Would love to see one from Oneplus with some cool new tech on it... :p ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2016

Runesh, IvanMuse, ChrisTerp and 3 others like this.
  7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 3, 2016

camohan , May 3, 2016 :
    Filled up the forum. I like to charge my multiple devices with respective adapters and cables to avoid any mismatch is input output frequency. It would be interesting to see a hub which can control the input output flow depending on/ for multiple devices

8. Radeon962
    KitKat May 3, 2016

Radeon962 , May 3, 2016 :
    Wireless charging is great but I typically only charge at night so USB-C is perfect for me.

Runesh and ChrisTerp like this.
  9. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran May 3, 2016

Waterdroid , May 3, 2016 :
    I charge my phone with wool socks and a trampoline usually. Go static or go home!

Runesh, IvanMuse, JAWB86 and 11 others like this.
  10. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 3, 2016

pa5t1s likes this.
  11. viufinslamort
    Gingerbread May 3, 2016

viufinslamort , May 3, 2016 :
    I only use the official OP2 charger. I'm scared that using a cheaper one may burn my phone... I'll wait for Type-C chargers to be more used everywhere.

pa5t1s likes this.
  12. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran May 3, 2016

ChrisTerp and pa5t1s like this.
  13. d1beats
    Jelly Bean May 3, 2016

14. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator May 3, 2016

15. locxFIN
    KitKat May 3, 2016

locxFIN , May 3, 2016 :
    Filled!

I don't really see the need for charging hub. I charge my phone and laptop in so many different places and most of the time not at once so I would have to be carrying the hub all around me. I kind of see the point if you have plethora of different devices and you use them on your desk on daily basis or something.

pa5t1s likes this.
  16. aenews
    KitKat May 3, 2016

aenews , May 3, 2016 :
    You mean Type-C Cables? Adapter is just standard 5V/2A (No Quick Charge 2.0). That has nothing to do with Type-C.

viufinslamort likes this.
  17. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 May 3, 2016

ChrisTerp likes this.
  18. felixdacosta
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2016

19. edoardo11
    Gingerbread May 3, 2016

20. NV Zahid
    Gingerbread May 3, 2016

NV Zahid , May 3, 2016 :
    I've submitted my answers. Hope I'm the lucky winner this time.