88.9%
  2. No.

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Chai
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

William Chai , May 6, 2016 :
    I am fine with type C but my official type C cable broke after buying my opt less than 3 month. Took 7 hr to fully charge my device. Expect the cable to last longer though. (My opo cable still fine and can be used after so long)

nilrb likes this.
  2. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

nilrb , May 6, 2016 :
    Hey, mind "dash charge"- complete in 15 mints?:p

3. rizaldy.wirawan
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

rizaldy.wirawan , May 6, 2016 :
    Hahahaha, i like that video :p, you made my day hahaha

Adam Krisko likes this.
  4. Sensation
    Eclair May 6, 2016

Sensation , May 6, 2016 :
    Filled in the form! Hopefully the last question people will fill-in other, with their personal feedback as that'll be more useful.
    Having been in smartphone retail up till last month, I noticed the lack of USB-C to USB-A type connectors availability as well as wall socket and car charging devices that support this wonderful port.

5. gregoryws
    Donut May 6, 2016

gregoryws , May 6, 2016 :
    Answers submitted. Would love to see the next OP product to have USB Type-C support.

6. Tarfex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

Tarfex , May 6, 2016 :
    I charge my devices with the charger that came with them and my mom usually asks to use my charger since she thinks it "charges faster" lol. It wud be cool to have a adaper that can use two slots to charge my phone and her phone together

7. AxelNight
    Eclair May 6, 2016

AxelNight , May 6, 2016 :
    Done!
    With my OP2 with Type-C and all other stuff with microUSB I need to bring the adapter or 2 cables.

8. rpee
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

rpee , May 6, 2016 :
    I think replaceable batteries are a good present alternative for "infinite" batteries when they arrive (fingers crossed!). Most batteries will lose a good portion of their capacity after 2 years mainly because of wear and tear (Wear and tear is measured by discharge/charge cycles. The more cycles there are, the better the battery is at retaining its capacity). The more you use your phone, the faster the battery loses it capacity, together with other aggravating factors.

So until we get approaching infinity charge cycles, what manufacturers can do is produce phones with replaceable batteries. It extends the lifespan of the phone, and saves resources. Impossible in today's highly competitive and fast-paced smartphone market, but resources saved are resources used elsewhere, in potentially more lucrative markets. Who knows?

Also, instead of looking just at battery capacity in terms of mAh, a more useful comparison could be the (estimated) number of charge cycles based on normal usage [insert relevant assumptions here], since it directly relates to the phone's lifespan. This info is not a spec that phone brands publish, but I believe it has very good selling value to help improve a phone's competitiveness. Who would want a phone that costs roughly the same, but lasts half as much as another phone? I'm not speaking to those people who form queues to buy a new phone model. Furthermore, anything above 3000mAh is more than enough for anyone to last a day on full charge, and anything larger means a bulkier phone.
    (I am aware that rechargeable batteries affects the design of the phone and could make it bulkier as well, but I'd live with one and not the other. :p)

Gone are 2-year contracts, which has been a major source of the short 2-year lifespan of phones. Telcos are already offering SIM-only plans that do not tie you down. Change has begun, and those who get ahead will win.

***DISCLAIMER: I wanted to write a short reply because I am trying to get the 5 comments before I can post something. Then it evolved into an "essay", so don't blame (flame) me. XD ***

9. deviantartjr
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

10. Gadin
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

11. anurag1313
    Eclair May 6, 2016

anurag1313 , May 6, 2016 :
    Would definitely love to quickly charge my mobile.

12. alexl83
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

13. lakhdarm
    Donut May 6, 2016

14. 21tahak
    Eclair May 6, 2016

21tahak , May 6, 2016 :
    Filled it out! Excited to see what kind of OnePlus swag is in store for me!! :)

15. johnblock
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

16. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Senior Moderator May 7, 2016

17. WorD.0
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2016

WorD.0 , May 7, 2016 :
    Congratulations @21tahak. Enjoy the OnePlus Swag.. :cool:

@Adam Krisko Hope something good is cooking with these feedbacks behind the scenes. With greenify, amplify and powernap combined with CM13 and Boeffla Kernel, I am clocking 7 Hours SOT. That would be sweet without these things, fresh out of the box like the OnePlus One :D

Form Filled! :D

18. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

19. naveennair
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2016

naveennair , May 7, 2016 :
    Filled in the form! It would be interesting to see what kind hub OnePlus is intending to bring to the market!
    And congratulations to @21tahak!

20. patdol28
    Froyo May 7, 2016

patdol28 , May 7, 2016 :
    Quick charging, the one feature not on my OP2 that I would make use of for sure had it made the features list.

hugospacep likes this.