19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etaniel
    Froyo Dec 16, 2015

Etaniel , Dec 16, 2015 :
    working fingerprint.
    maybe not on 100% but at least more than 95%
    ever since i got my op2 i often press it many times and wont work at all until I enter the unlocking pin
    so perhaps work on that first and then focus on design.

2. dege0
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2015

dege0 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    I know it's obvious that is going to be more expensive, but why not compromise and have front and back? :)

EDIT:
    In my opinion on the back would be better when you're removing the phone from the pocket. And front when you have it in a table, most of the time the phone screen is facing up, making easier having the fingerprint front

3. Craig Marc
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

Craig Marc , Dec 16, 2015 :
    I understand the argument for all three options. Wife has an iPhone 6 and it's great if lying on a table, friend has xperia z5 and that's very easy to reach but kinda forces right hand usage and I've had both nexus 5x and 6p and can honestly say the rear mounted fingerprint sensors are the most natural placement. Very instinctive and it will also help reduce the bottom bezel.

4. Deactivated User
    Dec 16, 2015

5. 6911
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2015

6911 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    FP sensor should be placed in the front.

-When FP sensor is in the back - If the phone is kept somewhere then to unlock it u would have to unnecessarily pick up the device or use another mode of opening like pass code plus if ur hands are messy then u would make the phone messy too, else only the fingerprint portion will get dirty.

-When FP sensor is on the side - it would require two hands to unlock the device i.e. one to hold it so that the device would not slip when FP sensor is pressed and the other to unlock which itself is troublesome. :)

6. joao.teixeira
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

joao.teixeira , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Back because that way you can put double front facing speakers ;) and when you take the phone out of the pocket you can put your finger there and it is already unlocked when you are going to use it

7. Failiksse
    Froyo Dec 16, 2015

Failiksse , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Z5s ;)

8. Failiksse
    Froyo Dec 16, 2015

Fraser likes this.
  9. belalman
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2015

belalman , Dec 16, 2015 :
    THE BACK, Under the camera.
    The front FS made the phone ugly. One of reasons I didn't buy 1+2.
    1+1 front face design is gorgeous.

10. zorglups
    Donut Dec 16, 2015

11. powerXtreme
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2015

powerXtreme , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Front. Just use the latest tech and put it under the screen - meaning below it in terms of layers. Best solution since you don't need any physical buttons.

Side would be my 2nd choice. Kinda unique and natural.

Back... no thanks. Too awkward and slow.

12. smuh
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2015

13. deedejee
    Donut Dec 16, 2015

deedejee , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Front cause most people use covers. And less backcover means less protection. ;)

14. Rojahurban
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2015

Rojahurban , Dec 17, 2015 :
    IMO the back placement seems to be the best option, since it does not take any real-estate away from the front panel. being on the back also seems more fitting, more natural when you pick up your device. However on the OP2 its not bad since its not an actually button -

15. Alexvip12
    Froyo Dec 17, 2015

Alexvip12 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Sony xperia z4 line

16. harishn26
    Froyo Dec 17, 2015

harishn26 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Front

17. JHong
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2015

JHong , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I respect your opinion, but I just don't feel it to be pointless regardless if it's front it back. Remember that if it's at the back it won't be as obtrusive and it also makes the screen bezels much smaller, not to mention the more natural hand placement (you don't need to move your thumb all the way down and your index finger is always at the back).

I say this because I do not agree with the 'it's pointless' statement, not to start an argument, just to voice out my disagreement. Personally i'm good with both front and back placements, provided that the FP sensor is good.

18. estarmer
    Froyo Dec 17, 2015

estarmer , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Take a look at a Motorola Atrix it had one of the best placements, was awesome for unlocking the phone, super easy.

19. JayTech
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

JayTech , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I Prefer the FP in the front but it's would be Great if it's located in the back and include front firing Speakers.. Or if You can House both the FP and Front firing Speakers..

20. Detekk
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2015

Detekk , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Front for sure, but make it so the sensor is not indented into the phone. It would be great to have all flat black blank slate like the OnePlus One. It would look so sleek.