13.5%
  3. Back

19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armmani2001
    KitKat Dec 14, 2015

armmani2001 , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Yeah the front is the best place for the finger print sensor as you might sometimes want to leave the phone on the desk or a stand and unlock it.

2. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2015

ChrisTerp , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Front. :)

3. osich
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2015

osich , Dec 14, 2015 :
    I feel like it'd be nice to have back but not on a 5.5 inch smartphone, perhaps on a 5 inch

4. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2015

Nickexp , Dec 14, 2015 :
    If it's on the back you need to pick up the phone, plus any cases will have to accommodate that and it'll look weird and incredibly ugly. The way the 2 does it is good.

5. Faktzi

Faktzi , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Sony z5

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2015

Nickexp , Dec 14, 2015 :
    We mean it'll look ugly as s**t with a hole in the back of the case for the FP scanner.
    As I explained in my other comment:

7. LuukS_NL
    Eclair Dec 14, 2015

Ceasedd likes this.
  8. mwayner
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2015

mwayner , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Front or back, I don't really care. I've found that I pick the phone up to unlock it the vast majority of the time, which negates any advantage a front sensor might have. Emphatically, no to a side sensor.

On second thought, front is best. A back sensor limits choice to just fingers, thumb access being quite awkward.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

DoitJ1 likes this.
  9. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Dec 14, 2015

Ceasedd , Dec 14, 2015 :
    I still prefer the back or the side.I'm a bad ***.My hands will adjust to any position.

Nickexp likes this.
  10. barizkydes

11. wzazza
    Donut Dec 14, 2015

wzazza , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Front. But I am thinking, could it be integrated within the screen itself? Interesting idea, that the whole screen itself is a fingerprint sensor. That could be some cool solution. Maybe thats where the Apple is also going with the 3D touch screen.

DoitJ1 likes this.
  12. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 14, 2015

gaster , Dec 14, 2015 :
    I would prefer the Fingerprint sensor in the Front side Adam. Thanks for giving us again a chance to share our likes and our opinion about this feautre. Also gratz for the winners

13. Pharadem
    Eclair Dec 14, 2015

Pharadem , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Best placement would be on the side. Doesnt matter whether you are left handed or right handed, as you can put any fingerprint you want. Index finger if you are left handed, thumb if you are right handed. Also it would be much much quicker to unlock the phone as some phones (I am looking at you OnePlus 2) tend to have a physical home button that cant be pressed, and require additional battery cost to unlock the phone while the screen is off, while if its within the power button, just like on Sony Xperia Z5 or Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, you just have to literally press it and it instantly unlocks. Some people have forgotten the meaning of the home button.

Take a look at the HTC One M9+ or A9, would you sacrifice design just to have a fingerprint sensor on the front? Some phones (99%) dont have a physical home button, no wonder why Nexus 5x and 6p have it on the back, 1 reason why HTC sucks butt.

Back side > definitely a no
    Front side > give it a break, boring.
    Power button > best choice, love you Sony and Samsung.

oomegaoo likes this.
  14. 1ikhan

1ikhan , Dec 14, 2015 :
    This is exactly what I wanted oneplus to do for the two. A true flagship killer built by the community.

15. AlunGWilliams
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2015

AlunGWilliams , Dec 14, 2015 :
    For my money, back. N5X has got this about right and reviews suggest it is unlocked before it is out of your pocket. But it depends how you use your phone - if it is on your desk all day, I can see the case for front.

So how about doing both: 2*FP

16. tfae

tfae , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Front! Easier to use and unlock the phone without pick it up.

17. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2015

delpinsky , Dec 15, 2015 :
    First off, I never had a phone with a Fingerprint Sensor.

But I voted FRONT because I always prefer to keep my phone inside a "flip book" cover.
    This means flipping the cover makes easy for me to reach the bottom side of the front panel.

Also I don't think it would be nice, aestetically speaking, to have a cover "open" for the back camera and the sensor together.

p.s.
    I love the OnePlus One panel without any physical button, clean and stylish. So I want to ask:
    Is it possible to have the fingeprint sensor beneath the panel?

[​IMG]

DoitJ1 likes this.
  18. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2015

MaxLikesTurtles , Dec 15, 2015 :
    As long as the bezels aren't like 2 inches on each side, it should be alright for everyone.

19. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2015

MaxLikesTurtles , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Motorola was experimenting with putting a fingerprint scanner in the front-facing speaker on their Nexus 6, but they gave up.

20. ayk1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2015

ayk1982 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    I would never buy a phone with FP sensor on side or back.. FP sensor on side or back would mean I would have to pick up the phone everything I want to see a notification. It also wouldn't work on my car mount , imagine me picking it up to unlock it, then put it back again and while I am trying to locate a contact to dial the phone locks itself again.. That would be seriously dangerous while driving.. Those r jut couple of several other reasons why I voted for FP sensor on front