19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Dec 15, 2015

Deepak.Si , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Front for me!!
    Because :-
    It's easy to unlock but risky if you have small hands and try to unlock with single hand..!!
    These scanners can be operated with your thumb, which is always at the front of the phone when holding the phone one-handed. However, depending on the size of the phone, reaching to the bottom center of the device may require hand-gymnastics that can put one’s device at risk.
    Back
    Placing the sensor on the back, where they are easily accessible with the index finger, which naturally rests around that area anyway. That coupled with the tactile cues put in place makes it easy to unlock your phone before you are done taking it out of your pocket. The main issue one can find with this, however, is the fact that the phone is not easily unlockable when the phone is laying on its back. It’s also worth noting that while big phones put the front scanner at risk, small ones require extra travel.

Side Not for me...!!
    I Don't want a thick phone and for now i don't think it can be implemented in a thin devise and on the side it will be tough to unlock device instantly because many people use covers, after some time it will not feel unique either because almost every phone has power button on the side and when i use more often it will feel like I'm unlocking the phone with Power button...!!

kiran.sampathnr likes this.
  2. Kai3291
    Froyo Dec 15, 2015

Kai3291 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Sony Xperia Z5 has one on the side but i agree with you

3. danielr94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2015

danielr94 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Front. Definitely Front. That's the best place, I think :)

I usually have the phone in my pocket or on a table somewhere so having a fingerprint sensor at the back or the side would not make much sense especially when it's on a table but that's just me :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

4. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 15, 2015

stephenboyo , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Not true the HTC has a front scanner and two front facing boom speakers

5. geffa
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2015

geffa , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Front for sure. @Adam Krisko make the X², with better processor, more lte bands, 32/64gb storage, BETTER CAMERA (like, seriously better) , fingerprint scanner, NFC, usb-c, and quick charging, all maintaining the same design build. BOOM! You have a winner!

6. geffa
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2015

geffa , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Even though, between fingerprint scanner and front facing speakers, I prefer fingerprint scanner 100x

7. Sparshagarwal2525
    Eclair Dec 15, 2015

Sparshagarwal2525 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Soc 820 can put fingerprint sensing on screen , removing a need for a physical button.
    @Carlpei
    @Adam Krisko go with soc820 for oneplus 3 and please put R&D into design..beezel less phone will attract a lot more people.

jaivaghela likes this.
  8. jaivaghela

jaivaghela , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Front Fingerprint scanner makes more sense in terms of ease of use, especially when phone is lying flat on the table

9. jooj703
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

10. jooj703
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

jooj703 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    HI every one

i need support with very annoying problem.

i bought OnePlus 2 recently from local market.

the fingerprint is working very smoothly but home button stopped working.

it was working fine then stopped.

now i am using on-screen navigator bar.

i don't know if this hardware or software issue.

anyone can help with this issue

11. Vito B.
    Social Media FR & UK Staff Member Dec 15, 2015

Vito B. , Dec 15, 2015 :
    I had the opportunity to try all solutions. Clearly, after that, front facing fingerprint scanners are not the most practical... At all !

Rear facing ones are good but not perfect because when the phone is on a table, back facing, it's not very usefull.

The best solution is side fingerprint scanners like on the Z5. I tried the Z5 Compact and it's almost perfect !

12. IlCieco

IlCieco , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Side is the seciest place for me :D (like Sony Z5) because of aesthetic and practical reasons (while in-hand)... but I usually have covers on my phones and of course when the phone is on the table could be really unconfortable, so don't really know.
    In general, I'm not excited about FP sensor on a smartphone.
    The thing is...

• If someone steal my phone and he's smart enough, he will have access to all my data anyway (regardless of pin, FP, password, etc.) if he wants to.
    • If someone crack my pin/pw... I can lose some data and become vulnerable, but I can stop this mess changing pwds and using 2-factor authentication on sensible accounts (bank, paypal, mail, etc.)
    • If someone steal my fingerprints it's the end... because I cannot change my fingerprints in any way.

All above IMHO of course

13. ebadillo
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2015

14. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2015

Amjass12 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    I have to say for the next one plus I'd love to see it on the back. got my dad the honor 7, and my friend has the 6p. its super super convenient as far as placement goes. I didn't think so at first, but its one of those things you have to try. The you'll see just convenient it is. For me, much better than placement at the front.

But the votes are not in my favour :(

15. IlCieco

IlCieco , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Search on the forum... There are lots of threads about home button issues. You'll probably find useful informations. You can't ask for help in the wrong thread.

kiran.sampathnr likes this.
  16. bwells88
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2015

bwells88 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Back is really working well on the 6P so I would vote back... I wasn't sure about it but it has been stellar... 8)

Rick Manders likes this.
  17. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Dec 15, 2015

bwells88 likes this.
  18. IceFluffy
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2015

IceFluffy , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Side, it's different, away with adding (useless) space under your screen, you might feel it's location easier.

Thickness is not a problem, be creative, redesign, think out of the box, never settle!

19. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Anyone get the feeling that all the answers for these questions will end up like when Homer Simpson designed his dream car for his brother Herb?!

[​IMG]

DoitJ1 likes this.
  20. feluda
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2015

feluda , Dec 15, 2015 :
    You are missing the option "none" in the poll. Fingerprint Auth is a nice convenient feature being offered by many phone manufacturers now but not a great security feature. Having a two factor Auth provides much better security.