4. What's a ROM?

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneed
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

Sneed , Jan 1, 2016 :
    - Tried a custom ROM, went back to stock -
    As a OnePlus 2 owner the only right answer at this time. None of the custom roms out there, has full hardware working... This is my intention to vote for "tried and get back".
    OnePlus, you need the developers out there!
    Your device (OPT), has the best "look and feel", that I have owned in my life! OxygenOS is growing fast, it's getting better and better every month!
    But in my opinion, a little thing is still missing: The freedom of choice!
    Out there are so many developers with their great Roms like CM, PA, AICP, ressurection Remix, maybe AOKP and so on. Support them! Your "developer program"? Maybe the first step in a really bright future!

2. prasannakrishnamoorthy
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

prasannakrishnamoorthy , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I've had tried my hand with quite a few custom ROMs. BlissPop & ResurrectionRemix being the best of them. Currently am on the stock CyanogenOS 12.1 but I just came back to that after a long time just to see how it is as I never tried anything stock after CyanogenOS KitKat 44S release. Its good, but I still miss the few nifty tweaks that the custom ROMs provide.

3. Ben
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

Ben , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I'm over custom roms. I just want something that's stock, which maintains compatibility, with long term support, and maybe with some tweaks that enhance functionality without delaying updates.

4. dellharsh
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2016

dellharsh , Jan 1, 2016 :
    When it comes to rooting and stuff, I typically wait till the warranty period is over.. But thanks to companies like OnePlus, my kind of "Flashaholics" now don't need to wait that long.. (BTW- I still don't own any OnePlus device.. Cause you know.. I am still I teen with little money :/ ) So I am presently using a Moto E 1st gen and I will talk about custom ROMs keeping in mind my device. :)
    Sticking on a single ROM for more than a month is not my cup of tea.. :v the most I have made with a ROM was 42 days( That was with Resurrection Remix)
    So here's the list of ROMs that I have tried
    1) Resurrection Remix
    2) AICP
    3)Temasek
    4) Paranoid Android
    5) Cyanpop
    6) Candy5
    7)Candy6
    8)CM12.1 and CM13
    That is pretty much it..
    Now the answer to your question, yes I did stick with custom ROMs.. Why? Primarily because Motorola has stopped providing updates to my phone and secondly because once you are in the "Flashaholic" community, there's no going back.. :D

House_Maniac likes this.
  5. AllPr0
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

AllPr0 , Jan 1, 2016 :
    No way I'm going back to stock from custom marshmallow rom in my Bacon! ;)

6. ThomasMiz
    Froyo Jan 1, 2016

7. Kallix
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

Kallix , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Running Cm 13 on the Op1
    CM 12 on Op2 and the One X is stock.
    If it was up to me all my phones would run Cm 13

8. tlxxxsracer
    Froyo Jan 1, 2016

tlxxxsracer , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Custom rom! Must have. Makes everything better. I want it my way and make the experience better. Better performance and battery and make it unique.
    Been using a rom since 2009

9. neonautika
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

10. Seraph08
    Froyo Jan 1, 2016

Attached Files:

11. spike1965
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2016

spike1965 , Jan 1, 2016 :
    OPO phone. Custom ROM all the way. Went for Oxygen but it kept crashing, finally settled with Exodus ROM. Completely stable. May eventually go to CM, but very happy with Exodus

12. satyajit
    Froyo Jan 1, 2016

satyajit , Jan 1, 2016 :
    CyanogenMod 11S (Stock) --> CyanogenOS 12 (Stock + Unlocked + Rooted) --> Paranoid Android -->CyanogenOS 12.1 (with Franco Kernel) ---> Blisspop ROM ---> Resurrection Remix ROM --> Sultans ROM ----> now running CM 12.1 (with AK kernel).

Looking forward to CM13 and Boeffla Kernel after a month or two.

13. ainuma
    Donut Jan 1, 2016

ainuma , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Running on cm12 ( on my Oneplus one) untill cm13 is mature enough. Got a view nogo's when i tried cm13 tha forced me back to cm 12 ... for now ;)

14. rajeshachanta
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2016

rajeshachanta , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Have been using custom ROM since my Nexus days! Still running a custom rom on my OnePlus 2. Skydragon V3. Good so far. Miss CM themer though! Bought lots of premium themes, useless now! I love customization, so request you to implement CM themer, pls. ☺

15. MNDTrix
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2016

MNDTrix , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I have tried a few ROMs for OP2. Currently running unofficial Cyanogen ROM. It's far from perfect but I am still going with it for now. I really wanna see more ROMs to be out just like OPO.

16. tjpaton8
    Donut Jan 1, 2016

tjpaton8 , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I enjoy running custom roms. I dont think I need one because I like oxygen os.

17. Arvid Thomas
    Donut Jan 1, 2016

Arvid Thomas , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Haven't tried one, waiting for any type of cyanogenmod for the OP2. More options and customizability that made me want the OPO.

18. nielsscholte
    Eclair Jan 1, 2016

nielsscholte , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Running CyanogenMod 13 atm. Would be perfect if you release the code sources of the OPT and OPX so we can get the fingerprint scanner and laser autofocus working ;)

19. geffa
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

geffa , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Great post! And yes, I have used a custom rom years ago in my Nexus S.
    MIUI.
    Hands down the best rom. Would use again if I'd get something that is full with bloatware, or confusing roms like Asus zenui.

20. xdarkknight
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2016

xdarkknight , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I've been running Resurrection Remix rom after being on CyanogenMod for over a year.
    I don't know how I'll go back to a stock ROM after having so much customisability options.
    And the neat little tweaks and fun things you can do to make things run more smoothly is really great, like the Slim series and AOKP stuff.
    If stock ROMs were more customizable like other Linux systems, it would make the custom roms a bit redundant. But then again, maybe that's OK.