31.2%
  4. What's a ROM?

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aenews
    KitKat Jan 2, 2016

aenews , Jan 2, 2016 :
    The OP2 still has some of the best development of any current-gen phone. Even a month after release, development was booming and better than any other current-gen phone available at the time (Checking XDA). Now there are some other devices with decent development, but the OP2 is still around the top and I'm sure it will get even better in the near future.

Also looks like OnePlus found a way to get around the proprietary code that is preventing them to release sources to developers. Lord Boeffla and a few others have been invited to a special Developer's Program and will have more access to that proprietary code at the cost of a non-disclosure agreement it seems. I can't wait to see some CM13/Boeffla goodness in the future when all the hardware features are supported. That'll be fantastic. OOS/Boeffla is pretty solid for the time being.

2. hemsleyk
    Eclair Jan 3, 2016

hemsleyk , Jan 3, 2016 :
    I said theme engine, not CM.

Plenty of non-CM ROMs support CM themes.

3. rkiwtir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2016

rkiwtir , Jan 3, 2016 :
    There should be another option called, I'm a flash-o-holic ;)

4. House_Maniac
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

House_Maniac , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Me too,tried many customs roms out there exodus blisspop etc,batterylife is great on rr and most important stability,lets hope marshmallow keeps getting better :)

5. Spacetop
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2016

Spacetop , Jan 3, 2016 :
    It broke my heart how CM messed up the 1+ India launch.
    1+2 and X didn't appeal without wide support stock CM lead to. Hoping to more partnerships with big custom ROM groups in the future.

6. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

TDroid074 , Jan 3, 2016 :
    That's really good to hear. I have heard of some reports saying the OPT doesn't use its high performance cores in core tasks like web browsing, I guess its part of OnePlus's thermal management plan. I think that it was a bad software decision. That's why I'm hoping developer support can help fix issues like that. Its these missteps among others that is affecting OPT from being as competitive as the OPO was. Its a great product just misguided.

aenews likes this.
  7. Doktor-X
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

Doktor-X , Jan 3, 2016 :
    IMHO phones need custom rom support in order to different itself one of another since hardware in flagship phone is almost the same but if you have custom rom support then this can be decisive to buy

8. El_Saam
    Donut Jan 3, 2016

9. malidan
    Nougat Jan 3, 2016

malidan , Jan 3, 2016 :
    [​IMG]
    This is what you said
    No mention of custom roms there, you said 1+ and they will not be supplying anything from CM.

10. malidan
    Nougat Jan 3, 2016

malidan , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Device's already come with custom roms.
    The only device that come with stock android Is Nexus:D

11. Doktor-X
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

12. aenews
    KitKat Jan 3, 2016

aenews , Jan 3, 2016 :
    On Boeffla Kernel you have full control of how many active cores you'd like in both CPU Clusters. You can even adjust both the minimum and maximum amount of desired active cores for the A57 Cores.

And yes on Stock OOS the second two A57 Cores will not fire up unless performing benchmarks or doing heavy gaming. They won't generally activate during web browsing, but they are also less necessary. The core control is still far too strict for my tastes and too limiting.

And there's integrated thermal controls. I was the first to manually adjust the throttling values, and thermal profiles eventually made it into the Boeffla Config Application which makes it easy and convenient for those who don't want to manually adjust the values using the File Manager.

So yeah it's already all there in Boeffla Kernel, so I don't have much of a problem with OOS. But I know Lord Boeffla will likely start developing a CM Kernel once hardware features are supported. And the future of Boeffla Kernel on both OOS and CM are looking very bright with the new program OnePlus has rolled out. Can't wait pretty excited :confused:

TDroid074 likes this.
  13. StevenTyrer
    Eclair Jan 3, 2016

StevenTyrer , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Had my OPO for about 9 months and still using stock, good battery life and stable no need to change

TDroid074 likes this.
  14. malidan
    Nougat Jan 3, 2016

malidan , Jan 3, 2016 :
    ?? Surely you mean they come with their adaptation of Android, meaning custom:D
    There is only 1 stock Android ROM and that is on the Nexus.

15. alexppineda
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2016

alexppineda , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Im using a rom called oxyslim. Just stock os but debloated heavily. Seems like it's faster, has longer battery life and i just like the feeling of my opt being "clean"

16. logitechor
    Eclair Jan 3, 2016

logitechor , Jan 3, 2016 :
    I use custom ROMs. Waiting for manufacturers and carriers to play nice with updates takes too long. One plus already has a stable version of marshmallow using custom ROMs. Stock oneplus still on lollipop and not even updating it much.

17. Doktor-X
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

Doktor-X , Jan 3, 2016 :
    This is true, but rom that oneplus 2 or x have (aka. oxygen) is stock for this devices regardless like you say is custom

18. Jammey
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

Jammey , Jan 3, 2016 :
    i would like to go to CM13 on my OPX when it comes out but currently im sticking with stock. I have a few grumbles with it but it does the Job it was intended and i love the phone.

19. mrbar
    Donut Jan 3, 2016

20. Benjos
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2016