Question: Preloaded app stub for HDR streaming?

1. AravindhStanley
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2019

AravindhStanley , Jan 25, 2019 :
    What devices are we talking about here? Im okay with a stub preinstalled on my phone, but I should at least have the option to disable it.

2. YahyaMoin.25
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2019

YahyaMoin.25 , Jan 25, 2019 :
    yes you are right we dont Know about the app but as a brand I trust one plus and an extra app will not bring harm to my device .

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 25, 2019

Cheetosdust , Jan 25, 2019 :
    Hello,

thank you for the update, David.

4. DenyDarko
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2019

DenyDarko , Jan 25, 2019 :
    I don't really care

OOS is not even close to AOSP anymore so does it really matter?

It'll be better for it to be on user space so it can (easily) be removed though.

5. M1544902430866
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2019

M1544902430866 , Jan 25, 2019 :
    That's a big NOPE no pre installed. That's the whole reason I switched to OnePlus phones so I don't get a lot of bloteware that I can't get rid of.

6. Aathif_Mahir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 25, 2019

7. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 25, 2019

meatandy , Jan 25, 2019 :
    At this point in my life I have no need for a content provider.

Thanks for asking again.:)

eye842 likes this.
  8. G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2019

G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj , Jan 25, 2019 :
    the more IV thought about it the more I'm leaning to not wanting this app to be preloaded. However if it's going to be and let's not kid ourselves. The fact that it's been mentioned is probably oneplus's subtle way of telling us it's coming! If it is it needs to be easily deleted should the owner of the phone not want it. Or offer it as a download should the owner want it.
    I think OnePlus needs to be very careful here. it starts with one then before you know it you have bloatware like other OEMs. OnePlus strong selling point isnt their build quality or cameras etc it's their fantastic OS. This is why 95 percent of people come to OnePlus because they are sick of sluggish blaotware filled os. I mean cost is a factor but there's cheaper phones out there. OnePlus have to really be careful if they plan on messing around with their os. It really is their number 1 selling point. fill it with bloatware at your own peril OnePlus!

eye842 likes this.
  9. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 25, 2019

meatandy , Jan 25, 2019 :
    Sounds more like this...
    Screenshot_20190125-042610__01.jpg
    :rolleyes:

NovinDavis and Cheetosdust like this.
  10. MasterSwami

NovinDavis likes this.
  11. wahaz
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2019

wahaz , Jan 25, 2019 :
    No OnePlus devices support HDR.. so nice attempt at hinting what OP7 or 7T might feature. My 5T doesn't even support 1080p HD streaming thanks to your incompetence. What hope do you leave me with for HDR

NovinDavis likes this.
  12. AlexanderDG83
    Eclair Jan 25, 2019

JelleZon likes this.
  13. L1529685385715
    Donut Jan 25, 2019

JelleZon and NovinDavis like this.
  14. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 25, 2019

NovinDavis likes this.
  15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 25, 2019

NovinDavis likes this.
  16. NovinDavis
    KitKat Jan 25, 2019

NovinDavis , Jan 25, 2019 :
    What is the point of preloaded app stub? Everyone here knows how to search and download apps from play store.

obakesan likes this.
  17. Huigiebaby

Huigiebaby , Jan 25, 2019 :
    If you don't like the app you can always disable it, in most launchers you can even hide it so it will never bother you again. I disabled calculator, card package, google play movies and google play music because I use alternatives. Who cares about not being able to uninstall when you can disable it... (imho ;) )

18. Schafer
    US Brand Ambassador Jan 25, 2019

Schafer , Jan 25, 2019 :
    If that's the only way we can get HDR susport then I'm fine with having a pre installed app that can't be deleted. As long as it can be removed from your home screen.

19. Abhi Dahiya

Abhi Dahiya , Jan 25, 2019 :
    No! No! No! and No!

When i said in Caller Identification thread that OnePlus is turning OxygenOS into MIUI, ColorOS, EMUI sort of, no one believed me.

Now they are introducing completely custom fonts, preloaded 3rd party bloat apps. Tomorrow we will have full fledged themes, preloaded music, video players, memory cleaners, probably even Ads like MIUI as OnePlus says "Business decisions" and as usual these will be brushed under the carpet as User's demand while we don't know where those users are!

OnePlus users provided headway for OnePlus to contaminate OxygenOS with this disease and now it's turning into a menace.

20. shezack
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2019

shezack , Jan 25, 2019 :
    Hi Carl,

First of all thank you for taking the suggestion.

Kindly keep the OS clean without any preloaded app. Thats why I am a proud owner of Oneplus device. But it will be highly appreciated if you can get us the HDR support in future updates.

Thanks for Oxygen OS.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.