Question: Preloaded app stub for HDR streaming?

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2019

G_plusone , Jan 24, 2019 :
    What's wrong with that :p

the_o2 likes this.
  2. john.awad
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2019

john.awad , Jan 24, 2019 :
    I think it's a great idea, if that's seriously the only way. As long as we can freely uninstall the app if we don't need it, that's fine by me.

Cheetosdust
    "
    View attachment 961582
    Another thing, @Carl. The way this is elaborated, it makes people vote "Yes" on the first option because they think the app can be uninstalled - that is not mentioned at all. It's only on the second question it's mentioned it can't.

Is this so you can write on Twitter that "XX% of our community voted they are open to the preloading of the app"?

Because that only tells half of the story. "

@Cheetosdust the way I understood it is that you CAN uninstall it based on the second question.

Edit: somehow the app is screwing up Cheetosdust's quote...

3. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2019

the_o2 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Do you want see the inbuilt ads in the OS and lots of blacklisted apps in the name of pre loaded inbuild apps ;);)
    And if OOS becomes MIUI my next device would be POCO F2 rather than OP 7/5G :p:p

4. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 24, 2019

Plenkske , Jan 24, 2019 :
    The first question means you agree with the Con posted in the first post of this thread.
    So if you vote Yes in the first question, you agree that you can not uninstall it.

otto2 likes this.
  5. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jan 24, 2019

David Y. , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Kidding aside, the fact is internally we do not have an answer to this question either, that's why we are here.

Todd W., Dante1, iNtEnSePL and 10 others like this.
  6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2019

G_plusone , Jan 24, 2019 :
    One can already see lots of threads where screen wide Ads pop up in here :D.
    I would Do the Math too
    :p

the_o2 and B_Wrath like this.
  7. john.awad
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2019

john.awad , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Oh now I see it. Yea that's confusing now...

otto2 likes this.
  8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 24, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    It isn't the only way, they force you to be the only way. Other companies already has this functionality without pre-installed apps.

9. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2019

LegolasX , Jan 24, 2019 :
    nope no preloaded content is required, lets keep the os free from bloat as long as possible.

Bouncer71 and otto2 like this.
  10. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 24, 2019

Cheetosdust , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Honestly, I do understand that the company cannot reveal a lot about this - and I do appreciate this thread, providing the feedback is actually being read.

My suggestion is: when it’s actually possible to speak about this, if OnePlus decides to have the stub, please create a new thread explaining not only why that decision was made, but also why these measures are necessary.

I also understand that you cannot reveal the business side of things, even when the next device is announced and even released. However, I would appreciate if the company provided some sort of follow-up to this thread.

Like I mentioned, it’s ok to read negative feedback about that decision here and placing the stub in the end. I understand this is just a small sample of opinions and that in the end there are other factors, like marketing, that will have to be used to sell the devices.

What I am asking you, as a fan and a customer, is to be clear about all of this.

Since the form/poll is private, it doesn’t matter what the results are if we cannot see them. If this thread is an indication, I can imagine a lot of people is voting “no”. So if you end up with the “no” winning, please let us know why the decision is the opposite of that - if that’s the case.

You have the chance to be crystal clear about this before the community asks, for example, for a screenshot of the end results of the Google forms.

Please make this right - with or without the stub.

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 24, 2019

Adam Krisko, PokiX, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.
  12. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jan 24, 2019

nyzproof333 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    If this answer is shot down and a second option exists for supplying HDR content which costs the company more, those costs WILL BE passed onto customers.

One Plus will not reduce margins....you will pay more.

13. PuCiNhOOO
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2019

PuCiNhOOO , Jan 24, 2019 :
    YouTube already have hdr enabled on OP6 for example, this might be some kind of requirement to other vídeo apps to be able to reproduce this kind of quality too
    1548332216098.jpg

Bring it!

The ones that dont like it, make it possible to be disabled!
    Like the messages app, for example...

G_plusone likes this.
  14. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 24, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Quite so. Something fishy going on.

No preloaded apps

15. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jan 24, 2019

nyzproof333 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    These questions are always asked in a way to get a desired response. That's the Jedi mind trick you noobs always fall for from One Plus.

The headphone jack results should already show you that your opinion doesn't matter as much as you're told it does.

16. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 24, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Well, the poll will probably end wining the yes, the reason is that you have a huge market in "some"country that loves bloatware, and that market is almost as big as all the other markets together.
    That poll should had a fiel where you can put your location, to get a better picture of the results

17. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 24, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    From being open and transparent, Oneplus has turned into a scheming, shady org.

18. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jan 24, 2019

David Y. , Jan 24, 2019 :
    I believe we will.

Predict23, PokiX, Bouncer71 and 5 others like this.
  19. YRJ
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

YRJ , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Screenshot_20190124-162521__01.jpg
    What I understand is,
    Similarly,
    X developing company pays $X to OnePlus, saying the stub you install should be un-installable.

ZmockFet, Abhi Dahiya, JohnS and 3 others like this.
  20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 24, 2019

Cheetosdust , Jan 24, 2019 :
    OnePlus could just make this decision and deal with the aftermath. They didn't have to create this thread, etc.

And I truly appreciate they did.

However, now that it's created and public, for me it's about how they are going to deal with the feedback, especially if the "no" wins.

And I believe in you. :)