Question: Preloaded app stub for HDR streaming?

1. TheRealProcyon
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2019

TheRealProcyon , Jan 24, 2019 :
    A: bootloaders aren't much of a security feature, B: it's not exactly that circumventing security measures is illegal, C: OnePlus isn't Huawei, D: your post is too full of stuff that makes 0 sense. Even if the app got preloaded, they'd still allow bootloader unlocking as that was also the case with MODS from Cyanogen and any other manufacturer. OnePlus allows it due to there being a decent community regarding ROMs. Enough people wouldn't buy their phones anymore, they know it, period. Also I am not going to discuss hypothetical stuff like this which has a possibility chance of next to 0 with someone. who has barely any knowledge of security and the like.

2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jan 24, 2019

B_Wrath , Jan 24, 2019 :
    I never spoke for all of us. It was my opinion. Can you see any word which mentions other users?

3. ankitgondalia
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 24, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  4. cabrowne
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

cabrowne , Jan 24, 2019 :
    If it can't be uninstalled, then no. Always annoyed by things like that. Should always have control over device.

meatandy likes this.
  5. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

luxuskamel , Jan 24, 2019 :
    I bought the phone, it is MINE. Why can't I do with it whatever I want - if I can? This reminds me to the legal case of geohot against Sony. If I remember correctly they even said for phones it would be legal...

otto2 likes this.
  6. The Joker
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2019

7. TheRealProcyon
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2019

It is legal, the illegal part has to do with explaining how to break DRM or something like that (has to do with DRM)

luxuskamel likes this.
  8. Mike_ingrum
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

Mike_ingrum , Jan 24, 2019 :
    So do any current OnePlus phones support HDR? I noticed you left it out of the list.

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 24, 2019

otto2 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    You bought the phone. Right. The Hardware is yours. But check out the licenses for the software- not all software on our phones is open source and you only have the right to use it, but not always you have the right to change it or to decode / re-engeneer it.

Once they start to implement third party apps, it can happen that a deal between Oneplus and content provider do not allow to root the device anymore. It all depends on agreements and money.

luxuskamel likes this.
  10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jan 24, 2019

YRJ , Jan 24, 2019 :
    No they do not. The whole thread is about introducing it using a stub.

11. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 24, 2019

otto2 , Jan 24, 2019 :
    You tube HDR works, so they do support it. But there are other content providers with other business models.

Mike_ingrum likes this.
  12. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2019

13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jan 24, 2019

YRJ , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Completely Off-topic,
    But the total percentage of iPhone users around the globe are <15%
    Secondly,
    I hate Bing. The ease and simplicity of Google search is unmatched.

14. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

luxuskamel , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Why shouldn't I change the software? I mean I don't use their licenses anymore so no conflict there. I think I have all rights to change all software. The only thing that hinders me is that it may not be possible but I could do it if I knew how.

I don't care about a deal between oneplus and anyone else if I can change it. My change doesn't fall back to oneplus so if I would manage to get around these restrictions there's nothing illegal

15. TheRealProcyon
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2019

You state false statements which are hurting this community and fills up Google search results when people search for said information. The right to reverse engineer is written in laws in certain countries, as such, in these countries the EULA is basically void. And the right to reverse engineer has barely anything to do with rooting by the end user of the tools. It only has to do with the programmer or researcher who made said tools and if said user is positioned in a country where it's legal (and hosts their files in that or a similar country), then the company is out of luck. And I don't know the exact details of all of it but I could request some people in my circles to help me out explain it better to you.

16. B.yashaswi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 24, 2019

B.yashaswi , Jan 24, 2019 :
    I guess this is going to be most Controversial Topic for 2019 for OnePlus and i feel the correct is winning atleast in comments, To be true i was Just thinking about this topic like from one month and now this and i was thinking that why is this phone having a separate gallery app when Google photos is there and all also why oneplus whether app when Google app is present and here comes the new ones.After everything i stopped thinking by answering my self that it is what Oxygen OS is.;)

17. F_Glk_Harish_aiIQ
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

18. Ben Lee
    Eclair Jan 24, 2019

19. GarageRamen
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2019

20. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 24, 2019

Gaston NP , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Done ;)