Question to the OP 8 Pro users in EU / NA

1. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 3, 2020

arshaduddin86 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hi Guys

Just wanted to clarify couple of questions i had in mind on the one plus 8 pro only

1) Which country was your phone manufactured in ?
    2) Since the latest software update what has been resolved so far and what are the pending issues ?
    3) How is your battery life ? With 120hz refresh rate and without it ?
    4) Do you experience heating issues or any other issues besides the banding and green tint issue
    5) What color is your device

Let me make myself very very clear im not boycotting any country here and that isnt my intention.

Need answers to these queries to make a decision

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

2. Davemac81
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

Davemac81 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    hi I'm in the UK my is phone brilliant it's the black version. since update black crush has got better but still slightly there on older films/TV shows. heating issues all I've had was driving and having my phone as a sat nav in a blazing hot van so tbh all the phone did was lower the screen brightness. no green tint at all. one thing I don't like is when you swipe right to get Google on sometimes it zooms in for some reason n doesn't re adjust. but hayho overall it's a great phone. at least I'm getting a snap dragon chip set n not getting ripped off from Samsung getting the exynos chipset

3. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

arshaduddin86 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Thank you so much for the reply , where was the phone manufactured in ?

4. gubro
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

gubro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    1. All non Indian phones are made in China.
    2. What is the fuss about where it was made?

Tobikage and otto2 like this.
  5. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

@gubro idea was to understand if the known issues (already discussed on multiple threads ) are pertaining to certain assembly factories

in India the phones haven't seen the light yet, if what you said is true we need to see if Indian units exhibit these issues as well or not.

AFAIK, Oneplus did export quite many units from India to US / EU Markets last year, so was wondering how that is going on and if any Indian unit outside India has these issues as well.

Kindly share your inputs if you have a 8 pro and are from EU or NA

6. gubro
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

gubro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Again, the factory in India supplies India only. By the way, they are using the same components.
    Again, all countries outside India are getting stock from the Chinese factory.

Tobikage likes this.
  7. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

Please help me with source on this.

8. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 4, 2020 :
    OnePlus does not make the individual parts
    OnePlus only assembles the device.

Assembling a device from spare parts is nothing special.
    Your local roadside phone shop can do the same if he's got access to the parts.

The parts are sourced from wherever they are produced by Samsung , Qualcomm , whoever makes the battery etc and those are still made in China.

9. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

Thanks for your reply, i'm not sure if you got my query right, i'm more focused on the assembling factory than the manufacturing of individual components .

10. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 4, 2020 :
    ↓ because nobody in the rest of the world cares where it was made or assembled.

11. gubro
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

gubro , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    The individual components are from all over the world. I can't see why this is important.

12. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 4, 2020 :
    #BoycottChina
    Haven't you heard ? :rolleyes:

13. gubro
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

I don't know what that is.
    Regardless, as OnePlus is indeed a Chinese company I find it strange that people think, there will be a OnePlus phone with no Chinese involvement. In fact you won't find a single smartphone that has no Chinese involvement.

14. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 4, 2020 :
    ...and probably about 95% of rest of any electronics as well.

gubro likes this.
  15. gubro
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

Indeed. This is the very reason I don't understand what the fuss is about.

Tobikage likes this.
  16. chubs12
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

chubs12 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    1. China, even if it would be "assembled in India" (I assume that is what you want) , the parts are all chinese. But KEY POINT , OnePlus is a Chinese company. They are part of the same group as OPPO and VIVO and so on.. and ofc, any profits go there. so, you wont be avoiding anything.. if you need to choose, then choose a company that at least isnt Chinese. Even if many parts and the assembly inevitably will involve China.

2. None of the bigger problems. Some smaller issues solved.
    3. It's generally fine (dependiong on how you want to define fine). 120hz FHD here. But even in 120hz, not all apps will be in 120.. it auto-decreases to 60 depending on app using white/blacklists..
    4. Heating issues, well no but it gets warm if you push it. Surface temps here can reach around 50C - if you run, say, cpu throttle test, but for games it is not as hot, but warm.. no big deal.

other issues, black bar across the top froim the camera, tint, "dirty screen", and screen retention (it does go away) - lowest brightness is higher than what it was..

AUto focus motor is audible, when you are in a quiet location. Very weird.

5. Black

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

17. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

oh no, this is where you're absolutely wrong or you're assuming too much, That wasnt my intention ! let me clear the air here, i'm a person against anything divisive in nature .

I don't care where its made all that i need is a functional device, my suspicion is that one plus is assembling devices in India to export and not letting any device out in local market which is absolutely wrong!

Almost everything we use is made in China that is a reality everyone has to live with, theres no way of truly boycotting them

18. arshaduddin86
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

i have nothing against China for i know that almost everything electronic is made in China, but could you answer if your device was assembled in India ?

19. chubs12
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

chubs12 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Assembled in china

20. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

Batfink32 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    1. China bought in UK.
    2. Not resolved, green haze over screen but panel is uniform,black bar across top of screen and slight black crush at lower brightness , phone overheats when using Android Auto and system says phone is overheating I have to blow Aircon on phone to stop it overheating. Bad flare in camera, some shots look awful.
    3 Battery is fine ,much the same as my 7pro.
    4. Green.