Eclair Feb 8, 2015

Tescotitus , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Is there any perfomance hit on it?

4. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 8, 2015

5. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Depends on your level of expertise. If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. There have been quite a few Opos bricked by inexperienced owners.

Linanc7 likes this.
  6. drtechnology
    Froyo Feb 8, 2015

drtechnology , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Well to a noob in rooting (you must be to ask such a Q lol) it has nothing to do with the Phone! I had an old LG phone - really old from like 2009 with like 512mb ram, 2gb rom and only 16gb ext sd card max! No apps to SD so yea.... However due to some of the main apps I use - namely "Juice Defender" - best battery saving app EVER - I even rooted that crappy phone so I could have my apps on there.

Some apps require root access aka superuser aka a rooted phone some do not. Most do not actually and only a select set of apps need root and all say it in the play store if it needs it or not. So unless you have these apps requiring root, it's pointless to have a rooted phone. If you do find some apps that look cool and/or want the xposed framework (search for that term in xda to learn what it is) - then yes it is not worth it to make those apps work.

Linanc7 likes this.
  7. JulianC
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

JulianC , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Root. Titanium Backup allows you to migrate to new phones or ROMs. Just be careful you don't brick it :)

drtechnology likes this.
  8. Linanc7
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

Linanc7 , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Just make sure you understand the process. If anything goes wrong and you need assistance you will need to explain what you did and where the problem occurred.
    That said Titanium Backup and Tasker are two good apps worth going through the process.

basrone and EpicSwirly like this.
  9. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

Linanc7 likes this.
  10. Tescotitus
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

I think what I'm wary of is if there is a performance hit either on the battery or just screen lags etc. Can anyone shed some light on this?

11. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

EpicSwirly , Feb 8, 2015 :
    its the same pretty much...except better

12. basrone
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

basrone , Feb 8, 2015 :
    So are these the only two apps that make it worth rooting?
    What is it that these apps do?

13. Tescotitus
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

I'm not sure, I've only had it for a week and a half/two weeks so....

14. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

dont worry it wont fck up your phone...

follow a tutorial, and even if you manage to completely butcher it (which is near impossible), there are many guides and even a toolkit to recover from hard and soft bricks.

and its really easy to do.

15. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

if you're nervous about it you can use a toolkit that will do all the work for you, but then you won't learn much for the next time you want to flash a rom or something

16. Tescotitus
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

And say that I maybe don't like the changes i can simply take away the root somehow?

17. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2015

Maximus12 , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Lots of tutorials in the forums here. Give it a try and judge for yourself. There are plenty of folks who root and then revert to stock, but anything that makes you more knowledgeable about your phone and tech in general is useful, IMO.

18. Tescotitus
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

Yep I did it and no real differences, as you said very easy part from one minor hiccup which i fixed myself but thanks for your advice!:):)

19. wroane
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

wroane , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I have rooted my 3 previous phones, but have not seen the need to root my opo. I bought titanium pro and a couple of other apps to support the developers a long time ago, and hate just leaving them in the playstore, but so far have not had an overwhelming desire to use any rooted apps.

20. DannyWantsAOnePlusOne
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2015

DannyWantsAOnePlusOne , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I have another question, I've heard rumors of a sale on Tuesday? Is that the 10th of February or has the event already passed?