Questions about battery life, charging and cpu heat @ oneplus 2

1. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

chaitanyakhaitan , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I got an invite for the Oneplus 2 and had to let it expire as I was contemplating on some of the most vital concerns about this device.

If current op2 users can share more information on these 3 points it will help others with making a decision.

Battery life - is it really much lesser than OPO?

Charging - We have all seen it takes approx 3 hours which is not a major concern but if battery dies out in the middle of the day, then 3 hours is a lot.

Heating - is heating even to consider for non heavy gamers? Like an hour on a phone call?

Current OP2 users please share your thoughts individually on the 3 points.

2. flobengogen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2015

flobengogen , Sep 14, 2015 :
    ive read many different op2 reviews and all the issues vary from phone to phone. although battery should last u a full day, with low usage 2 days.

3. Zachsaxe
    Lollipop Sep 14, 2015

4. EpicSwirly
    Sep 14, 2015

EpicSwirly , Sep 14, 2015 :
    For me battery life is at the same level of when I used the OPO.

It takes less than 2 houd and 20 minutes to charge from 0 to 100.

The phone gets warm with heavier tasks but so did the OPO and almost all phones. It's never gotten to a point where it's really hot besides when I let it sit in the sun for an hour. Other than that it's relatively cool

dsmonteiro likes this.
  5. HugoDerHeld
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2015

HugoDerHeld , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Grettings thread 1446772 about the same Topics. My phone is right now travelling by plane. Will give my experiences later

6. Avader
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015

Avader , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Hey, I haven't used the OPO, but I am able to get about 4-4.5 hours of screen on time and it generally runs the whole day (I charge it once every morning).

My OnePlus 2 charges in about two hours or so. I am not exactly sure.

It does heat when playing games or doing other heavy duty tasks, but not so much that it becomes uncomfortable. But that shouldn't be a problem otherwise.

The only issue I have is that when charging, it never goes into deep sleep. Till about 30%-40% the phone is warm to the touch, but cools down later. I haven't faced any problems with it though.

Hope it helps!

dsmonteiro and aaron.hossain75 like this.
  7. abilash.s.90
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

abilash.s.90 , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Well, this is not a problem with One Plus 2 the phone or the Oxygen OS.

This is a problem with Lollipop. There is a major issue with the wakelock in the google play services and that is causing severe battery drain.

The phone is capable of doing 1.5 days easy. But this wake lock, simply sucks up every ounce of the battery.

Here is more information related to the same.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...mod-google-play-services-update-wake-t3078082

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fix-oxygenos-wakelock.291648/

8. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

chaitanyakhaitan , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I'm on OPO with lollipop. Getting better battery life than before.

If you see the various tests that have been conducted by smartphone reviewers, they have all put oneplus 2 in the the bottom of the group.

One of the best things about the OPO is its battery life.

9. Papao
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

Papao , Sep 14, 2015 :
    On average, your phone is in good condition!

10. abilash.s.90
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

abilash.s.90 , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Glad you are getting a good battery life. Most of lollipop users are getting real bad battery life because of the wake lock demon. There is a fix, but for rooted users.

Here is more info.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fix-oxygenos-wakelock.291648/