Questions Regarding Warranty

1. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

logan_f , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Obviously I love the "Never Settle" mantra, the price point, and the notion of a company making a phone they are passionate about. However, I am still a little uneasy about putting my life savings (I'm a teenager with a summer job) into a company I have never heard of.

My question is simple. Is there a warranty with this device? I want to be assured that the manufacturer will stand behind their product and make things right if I experience a big problem somewhere down the road. I've searched around the web and I've done my best to comb through the forums but I can't seem to find any concrete information about the subject.

Sorry if I've overlooked the answer somewhere. I'm just trying to invest in total confidence...

tobi135 likes this.
  2. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Community Expert Jul 6, 2014

3. DanielFran
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2014

4. Herman Bolt
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2014

Herman Bolt , Jul 6, 2014 :
    You are on a lot of threads and I have a question. Is your feeling that the yellowness of the screen is becoming an issue more and more? In several threads it is mentioned, but it is difficult to understand how big the problem is and if you have this issue, is it wasy to get another oner theough you warrant (connection wirh this thread). Or is there already an official announcement on this issue? Thanks for reading and perhaps answering.

5. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

logan_f , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Thanks. I'm trying to decide if I should continue to wait diligently or:
    A: Buy a Galaxy S5 and hopefully flash Cyanogenmod to it in the near future.
    B: Buy a Nexus 5 and try vanilla android for a while.

I'm in quite a time crunch because I hate to head off to college with a shattered iPhone 4s. *Sigh* It always seems like the next big thing is a few weeks away when I really need it now...

Any suggestions?

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jul 6, 2014

dsmonteiro , Jul 6, 2014 :
    I had a Nexus 5 and changed for the OPO. Trust me. Wait for the OPO! You won't be disappointed! ;)

7. Hanson Lee

Hanson Lee , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Wait for the OPO... you will be satisfied.

8. Herman Bolt
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2014

Herman Bolt , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Thanks. Your cool.

9. benoita74
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2014

benoita74 , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Unfortunately, since you just joined the forums, it is very unlikely you get one before early september... :-(
    I myself think I won't get one before mid-august even if I joined the forums in may...

10. Hanson Lee

Hanson Lee , Jul 6, 2014 :
    It is a serious issue... the size of the problem is kind of medium since some batches have it and some don't. Problem is we don't know.

Yes, it is possible to get another One through your warranty BUT only once. And if you are damn unlucky you would get another yellow tinted One again.

There was an announcement on this issue but they were talking about a full yellowish hue and not a bottom yellow tinted One... Here's the URL: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/

11. fenice
    KitKat Jul 6, 2014

fenice , Jul 6, 2014 :
    I will add the usual proviso to the answers you've received and that is: make sure you buy the OnePlus One from the official OnePlus web site otherwise you may purchase a Chinese version of the phone and that carries no Warranty outside China, see the following post for further details: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/warning-chinese-model-shady-dealers.31040/

12. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

logan_f , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Bummer! I had an account long before I registered on the forums. I didn't understand they weren't connected. I head to school mid-august so I guess that means I'm going with a phone from someone else. :/ Wish there was some way I could support the project, but there's no way I'd be lucky enough for someone to grant me an invite or to win one.

13. benoita74
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2014

benoita74 , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Sorry as you were only cupcake, I thought you just joined but you actually joined in may too…So you should be able to get one around mid-august I think (this is only personal déduction, as OPO doesn't bother giving any numbers…)

14. yotam_dobrin
    Jelly Bean Jul 6, 2014

yotam_dobrin , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Yes, there is. You should have two years warranty and one phone replacement.

15. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

16. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

logan_f , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Still... mid-August is cutting it too close to move-in day. I really need something reliable to communicate with the family back home, so it probably just wasn't in the cards for me to get my hands on one. Maybe I'll be prepared for the OnePlus 2?

17. evil_burrito
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

evil_burrito , Jul 6, 2014 :
    No you don't, you have many options. If you need a new phone, want a OnePlus, and don't want to sign a new 2 year contract. Newegg and Amazon always have special deals on phones.
    - You could get an unlocked Moto G to use with any provider for about $200 or Moto G for Boost Mobile for $90 (on sale until tomorrow from newegg)...
    - Maintain the same plan without signing a 2 year contract and get a decent off brand unlocked smartphone (like blu) for a little over $100...
    - Keep the same plan without signing a 2 year contract and buy another iPhone used for less than $100...
    - Change service provider and buy a was top of the line smart phone (galaxy s2, s3, s4, etc.) from a no contract company (like virgin/boost/cricket/metro pcs) ranging from $50 to $200 (depending on the generation)...​
    ... while you wait for a OnePlus.

See, many solutions.

18. logan_f
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014

logan_f , Jul 6, 2014 :
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll continue to search. Actually, I've been thinking about using one of these bad boys while I wait. http://meetthebrick.com/

19. evil_burrito
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2014