Quick Impressions of the Diztronic case

1. RauhWeltBegriff
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

RauhWeltBegriff , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I just got mine today in the mail! I was pleasantly surprised because I ordered it earlier this week off Amazon and even though it said the order would ship out on August 11th, I ended up finding it in my mailbox today. I apologise for the lack of pictures but my OPO's camera is pretty much the only camera in my house that I can quickly connect to my computer and upload pictures with, so I couldn't take pictures of the case actually on the phone.

First impressions:
    It's good. It gives me a lot more confidence in my phone since I'm pretty clumsy and dropping this one without the case would have been a disaster. The sides are INCREDIBLY, solidly firm and the back is as well. The little raised edges above the screen admittedly aren't but that's fine since they serve for pretty much no other purpose other than keeping the phone above a flat surface. The case fits on easily and it covers it pretty well. The top/bottom exactly covers up the chrome bits and nothing more. All the holes align with everything fine except for the microphone hole at the very bottom, where the hole looks like it wasn't fully drilled in, or at least isn't nearly as clean as the rest of them.

It feels pretty good to hold, meaning that it's not slippy or anything. It's decently grippy which is definitely good considering that in my opinion, the "sandstone" texture is nice, but not nearly as grippy as people kind of hyped it up to be. When the phone's naked, I could easily see it sliding out of my hand. The buttons are pretty stiff, but they're easy to find now. I used to sometimes fumble to find the volume buttons when my phone is naked since the buttons are so flush within the phone's side

I also did a couple very small drop tests from about 4 inches off a linoleum floor/granite table..haha. I know it's not nearly close to an actual drop test, but I'm not like some other people who have 5 other phones at their disposal and switch to a different one every couple months or so. This is the only working phone I have now and I plan on keeping it for at least 2 years, if not more, so I couldn't risk an 8-foot drop test or something. You'll be glad to hear that it survived 4 inch drops very well! I have no screen protector on it right now either

TL;DR: It's good. For $10 go get it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

ElJefe29, aris, jmhashmi and 2 others like this.
  2. JBCJackson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2014

3. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Aug 10, 2014

4. aussietanker
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2014

aussietanker , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review ...are you using it with a screensaver and if so does it cause the screensaver to buckle or twist etc

5. RauhWeltBegriff
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

RauhWeltBegriff , Aug 10, 2014 :
    you mean a screen protector?

I'm not right now, but I MIGHT get one in the future(?) I've heard from others though that the case fits fine with a tempered glass screen protector. it goes right around it

aussietanker likes this.
  6. mrhappysad

mrhappysad , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Get the Orzly tempered glass protector. Highly recommended with its decent price. I heard that it if it hits the screen, the protector will shattered but not the actual screen. Haven't tested it but I hope that's the case. :) Love, the protector so far; smooth, clear and no bubbles. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the review. I can be very clutzy as well.

7. jmhashmi

8. szuyu
    Froyo Sep 30, 2014

szuyu , Sep 30, 2014 :
    just ordered mine on amazon too. thanks for sharing your review.

9. ElJefe29
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

ElJefe29 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    I like the full coverage and overall fit and feel of the Diz case. I ordered the CruzerLite and returned, it's nowhere close to the fit of the Diz case. I'm a big fan of blue and ordered the blue case.

10. christopheredbert
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2014

11. stanlye
    Froyo Oct 21, 2014