Quick Question: Why do you prefer Community Web to community App?

1. Plenkske
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 2, 2021

Plenkske , Apr 2, 2021 :
    There are lots of reasons currently. I'm sure a lot of them are already mentioned, but for me these are the most important ones:
    - Navigation is not so easy as on web:
    -- Lots of text in the front pages.
    -- Cant see the "unread" threads (or replies on threads) as on web (where they become bold)
    -- Opening a thread does not bring me to last unread
    -- Going to a page or last/first page in a thread is harder

- Experience while posting/quoting:
    -- No layout options
    -- Cant tag someone
    -- Buggy with quoting

- Just lots of features/information in general that are missing in the app.

So for me the only reasons to use the app are:
    - Get notifications (but without notifications on PMs....)
    - Post a quick reply
    - Give feedback on software in my phone. I would prefer that giving feedback was a seperate app so that giving feedback could be done a lot better.

2. OnePlus 9 Pro , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Apr 2, 2021 :
    I prefer the web based version because you can format your text better (with having to remember HTML codes).

Both have poor user interface design (try to figure out what forums you have selected in web based interface, or try to look at your profile in the app). UID just isn't there.

3. CDRAGON1982 , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Me personally, I mean same thing as everybody else obviously we like the web but I like the "IDEA" of the app you know it's more exclusive something I take with me everywhere I mean the webs there too but I don't know it's different it's kind of like being part of something you know even though we're part of something you know LOL. I noticed myself more I would use the app because when I'm on my web I'm usually just trying to find out how to do something or watching videos of cats..like the dudes at the golf clubs do you think they really wear those golden jackets all the time no but they have them and they're theirs and not anybody else in the world can get them so easily because they belong to it as much as it belongs to them, don't get me wrong I'm not saying that there's copies there's always someone to steal your ideas. so I feel like a community apps a good idea just work on the code you know like vamp it up make it like have more features that people want, that they like. I'm not so technical and more hands on so I mean if the web was physical I'd probably try to build it, I know there's code I'm just playing I just woke up literally like a few minutes ago and I am going to make a post on the package I got today from one plus I'm excited I can't wait I'm stoked speaking of stoked have you ever seen the video on YouTube where people are stoked it's the best it's hilarious check it out it's funny. Thanks for taking the time to read what I wrote if you read it all then you must got more patience then a lot of people because I write a lot of nonsense and nonsense helps. If we were all serious how would you know how serious you were? Wouldn't we only become more serious because we're trying to be as serious as you or them or us I don't know anyways I love OnePlus. 🐲

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

4. rizzwaan
    Donut Apr 3, 2021

5. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 3, 2021

6. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Apr 4, 2021

cdnfarmer , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Why I use the web the most and prefer it.
    • The display in the web is easier to see all the sections.
    • Have the ability to open multiple tabs and go back and forth among various threads as needed. Easier for multitasking.
    • Can see the entire title of the notification. It's annoying in the app when there is a long username and the thread title is not viewable.
    • You can quote the main post (not currently possible in the app).
    • I can compress pictures with YaImCo which preserves the integrity of the pictures and also allows me to scale down a 48 MP to 12MP so it can be uploaded in the forum. The compression in the app needs ALOT of improvements. Think this is a huge limitation of the app imo.
    • Text formating
      • can use text format link I B or underlined. Text size and colour can be readily changed. There is the option to cross out text which actually helps in many situations.
      • Can easily hyperlink words to related threads or resources. And quick link to YT etc.
      • Can use bullets and move levels
    • When creating long threads or responding, I'd prefer viewing at the computer and typing on a keyboard. This is an important feature that is needed, regardless if the web or app used. If we are expected to use the app, then imo, it would need to be windows and iOS compatible.
    • Data privacy? tracking less?
    Potential advantages of the app.
    • shows interesting content on the main page.
    • easy to login,
    • my feedback feature.
    • Search feature finds different and perhaps more relevant threads than in web
    Things that would make the app more user friendly and useful.
    • Would be interesting to link to the new Store app (NA). And perhaps relevant to other regions.
    • Search feature to have date range (in the web too) , perhaps look to see if filters should be available at the beginning vs a search is done.
    • have dedicated threads show up on the home page so if users like wormhole, RNC and other areas they consistently go to, it can be listed in the same place and then not needed to be searched to find it..
    • Make titles fully viewable.
    • Improving the compression. Personally, i'd like to see YaImCo used. Even if it is in the background and the app interface is maintained. Having the ability to scale down then compress the pictures (without distortion or degradation which is not seen in other apps) would be great.

Hopefully this helps @Vickie L. If any clarification is needed, please let me know.

Regards,

7. SREEDHAR YV
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

8. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 4, 2021

luxuskamel likes this.
  9. aristle.jm , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I actually find the app a lot.kore convenient to use now. Initially, Community links would open in browser and that would make it inconvenient. Now that they open in the app itself, it is much easier to use the app...

U1617634576509 likes this.
  10. MrFantastic22 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Even I prefer the web with all the things you have mentioned.

11. U1617634576509 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Apr 7, 2021 :
    In response to the question on preference for Community Web over Community App is knowing the difference. So I looked up the difference between Community Web and Community App. Insight of the lack of terminology, I thank Google for enlightening me on defining them both.
    Hi, my name is April Parrish. I find more use of Community Web directness for me personally. In other words, the Community Web for the most part has a primary sub-subject after we the people desire for socializing through technology. A particular rule of thumb on the action we partake in the precise community. Well it is the reason for my favor in Community Web over Community app.
    Not to over look the Community App helping people login together socially in one place also helps bring people to find their way on whatever is in mind. Sometimes it is a bit scattered in my opinion. I find so much not knowing where to start. In addition, not knowing what to do in utilizing the Community App is also another factor to multiply.
    Therefore if I have pinned the tail on the donkey explaining Why do you prefer Community Web to Community App I thank you for reading another community socialite preferred choice. I encourage one to correct what misunderstanding I may have encountered between the 2 preferences. In further conclusion we can keep the communication line open on Quick Question to a longer answer. Thank you.

12. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2021

luxuskamel , Apr 7, 2021 :
    It kind of sounds like this was generated by GPT-3 ;)

McJader likes this.
  13. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2021

McJader , Apr 7, 2021 :
    🤔

U1617634576509 likes this.

14. U1617634576509 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Yes indeed to the thought of reading on terminology gotten by words to the question:
    Why do you prefer Community Web or Community App?, was easy. However, explaining in words answering a quick question was much to differ. Thank you for recognition on the answer.