Radiation level on one plus2

1. F_Appu_Sukesan_RQIT Eclair Feb 4, 2017

2. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2017

itsbhanusharma, Feb 4, 2017 :
    You can refer SAR values in user manual. It is relatively low as compared to cheap devices.

3. F_Appu_Sukesan_RQIT Eclair Feb 4, 2017

4. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2017

itsbhanusharma, Feb 4, 2017 :
    SAR value of OnePlus 2 in India: 0.729 W/kg in Head and 0.329 W/kg in Body.

These are in the limits of what is approved by the regulatory bodies of Govt.

5. error123404 Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

6. nelson pansare Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2017

nelson pansare, Feb 4, 2017 :
    A phone cannot get launched if the radiation level or SAR (specific absorption rate) is too high ....the manufacturer already checks it so don't worry.

7. nobelium76 KitKat Feb 4, 2017

nobelium76, Feb 4, 2017 :
    ...unless you live in California. According to California everything will give you cancer.

8. Serbian Overlord KitKat Feb 4, 2017

Serbian Overlord, Feb 4, 2017 :
    OnePlus 2 has one of the highest radiation levels in the world of any phone. Almost 1.6 which is almost the maximum allowed by any law.

Salt505 likes this.
  9. G_Krutika_Masand_bWXF Cupcake Feb 5, 2017

10. F_Appu_Sukesan_RQIT Eclair Feb 18, 2017

11. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2017

ShortyEx, Feb 18, 2017 :
    I believe plutonium is used to power the device, this nuclear technology gives it its amazing battery life.

But no seriously, always make phone calls with your phone about 1 a 2cm away from your head. I always place my thumb between my device and my head to keep it at a distance. The cellular activity really heats up the brain and the effects of cell phones and the heating they cause to the brain is not yet fully discovered since they haven't been around all that long. Also bluetooth uses the same frequency as a microwave, it's not as harmful but you don't need to be a genius to know that it won't be all that healthy as well.

Also always keep in mind that the weaker your signal the more aggressive the radiation will get.

A fun fact which people don't always notice is that a lot of phone manufacturers are already covering themselves by saying you should always keep a small distance between the phone and your head in manuals and guidelines. The full effects are something that will become clearer in a couple of decades so they aren't taking chances on future lawsuits I guess.

Keep in mind that cell phones are a relatively new technology, up until a couple of decades ago doctors were still promoting the health benefits of sigarets and look where that brought us ;-). It's always easy to say something is not bad for your health if it hasn't been around long enough to actually see long-term effects. It's too early to actually tell but it's fair to say that being on the safe side will probably pay off in the future :)

Mike_van_Esch likes this.
  12. G_TechoGecko_ywuU Cupcake Feb 19, 2017