RAM management is an absolutely...

1. donPepitoGrillo
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jan 17, 2020 :
    I have been complaining about RAM management, specially when you go to sleep and wake up in the morning to see that your phone has removed all your recent apps but the last 5.

The other night, before going to sleep, I received some notifications and I didn't remove or read them because I wanted them to remember me to do whatever the notification say: read an email, check a bank transfer, a file already downloaded, etc. When I woke up my phone had removed the notifications.

Very good, OnePlus, very good.

2. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2020

barnabyj , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 17, 2020 :
    that's a feature of Android. it's not going to keep everything in ram to conserve battery life. it will kill off everything but the most used 5 apps. if you don't like this behavior, turn off battery optimization for the apps you want to keep running.

I on the other hand run into it not killing apps when I feel they should, like Pandora. I close it, remove it from my recent app list. clear the notification for it.. it comes back, and stays there even still.

3. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Jan 17, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 17, 2020 :
    I hate it too. especially the Gmail app..which is built in app you can change settings. with other phones I've been waking up with email notification. but on OnePlus phones I have to manually open up Gmail for the notification to come.

and most of the time Gmail notification is delayed or never appear on the phone if I'm not using it for a while and there is nothing you can do. it's known/infamous issues on OnePlus phones and stupid fans always defend it.

OnePlus is a phone that doesn't perform as a basic phone. saving the SOT is their goal so fan boys can show it off.

donPepitoGrillo likes this.
  4. Kryxus
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

Kryxus , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    That depends on the optimization of the battery, if you do not like it you can disable it but then you should not complain if the battery lasts less and complain about complaining without first finding out something basic, when you have not used an application for a while, you created 3 to close it and avoid its operation in the background, another point is the normal optimization of the battery, when I wake up when I wake up The phone screen and I open it all the notifications hit, which he considers are not main according to your use.

5. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    well it's built in app that I can do nothing with.
    I can easily make a video about my laptop and screen off iPad getting the Gmail notification at the same time. while my screen off OnePlus either not getting email notification or delayed by some amount of time(15min?I would think OnePlus lower the checking frequency.) while I never had such problems with Samsung/apple at all.

also I have hour long phone meetings occasionally when no meetings room is available, I have to put my.phone on speaker. but oftenly OnePlus would hang up the phone after a while. WTF ??? ( I've disabled battery optimization with OnePlus phones always as I've known them not work. )

it's the 90Hz that keeps me in the loop. if apple/Samsung coming with 120Hz display I would jump back without hesitation.

6. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I get what you are saying but tbh the gmail stock app quite is frankly poor even by Googles standard.

I have a hotmail account which. Iuse to pull thru my Gmail msgs using mymail app.

I've set up the gmail account on the desktop version of hotmail website as an additional account. Replictes folders on my mail app
    It's easy

7. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :

npatel70

I get what you are saying but tbh the gmail stock app quite is frankly poor even by Googles standard.

I have a hotmail account which. Iuse to pull thru my Gmail msgs using mymail app.

I've set up the gmail account on the desktop version of hotmail website as an additional account. Replictes folders on my mail app
    It's easy​

I don't know man. my s10e gmail works like a charm tho( screen off phone and screen off iPad pro and laptop gets the email notification the same time instead of into some doze mode on important apps like email. ). I can get to important emails like txt msg. I looked it up online it seems people complain Gmail in general too. but I didn't notice the delay on my s10e. ( trust me I exhausted all the method I can looked up online but no luck at all )

and honestly before I switch to Android I never know about ram management and notification delay( notification only comes after you open the app, but why????) I learned all of these annoying things on my oneplus 6G ram 6T which is my first Android phone after tons of research on YouTube reviews.

the constant concern about the basic functionality just repels me away from the manufacturer.

i was.using s10e before Black Friday 7 pro sale. really appreciate 90Hz display. seems Samsung S20 getting 120Hz and apple could be adopting pro motion too. it won't be long before I leave OnePlus ( had horrible 6 month time with 6T and 3 month time with 8G ram 7 pro atm )

8. donPepitoGrillo
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Well, as I have said in other threads, keeping an app in RAM doesn't mean it will waste battery. You can have a service running and you won't be able to remove it from recent apps. Besides, I have apps in RAM that don't do anything if I'm not using them. They are there only to open as fast as possible when I need them.