Ram management issue in nord 2 via OnePlus Nord 2

1. W1627304828592
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

W1627304828592 , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Oct 18, 2021 :
    I had brought a 8gb model for of nord 2 and almost 99% of the time
    When I am not working in any app, almost 5.5 gb of ram is being consumed and when I entered to developer option I saw most of the portion of ram which is well around 3.5 gb is just used by android system and its launcher. Camera at most of the time uses around 400 mb ram even when its not in use. How do you suppose to manage the system, if it was a 6gb ram option??
    And out of all thay, in my 8gb ram variant as well, when I open 6-7 apps in background, it starts to refresh the first loaded apps!
    What the heck is this!
    How can any os become soo heavy that it consumes almost half the ram just to load the operating system??
    One plus merging with oppo has made the ram management soo much bad, and the software has became very very bulky. I think when I am not using any app, there shouldn't be more than 3-3.5 gb ram consumed as it ultimately leads to battery drain issues as well.
    With all other the issues in the pot, it is yet another cherry, that filling the top. So disappointing one plus!!! Should have brought something good to convience one plus user to get used to color os but instead they made it whole lot messy than ever!!!

SlackW_1993 likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 18, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 18, 2021 :
    That is not how ram works on Linux based systems like Android.
    Unused Ram is wasted ram.
    Check your battery saver options