Random book quotes

1. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

tarismitovs , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I've been reading a lot lately and I've noticed how a lot of the things said or explained, when taken out of context, seem silly and weird. So, post some of your favourite out-of-context quotes here. I would love to get a list of weird quotes to use in everyday situations :D

I just came across this one, while reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman (fun book, btw):

"The house smelled musty and damp, and a little sweet, as if it were haunted by the ghosts of long-dead cookies"

Have fun.

2. Hiraeth
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

Hiraeth , Jul 30, 2015 :
    There was once this quote I read from a book called "Forum Rules", it stated "It is crucial for men/women in this internet world to understand the common basics of a certain invention called the "search button".

pa5t1s likes this.
  3. The Judge
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

The Judge , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Very true @Hiraeth

It is therefor my judgment that @tarismitovs should be sentenced to search engine school.

Guilty as charged!

pa5t1s and Hiraeth like this.
  4. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

Fair enough. I searched them after I posted this, it seems there really are a lot of similar posts. Sorry

rphlfjrd, #HYPEorGTFO and Hiraeth like this.
  5. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

@Hiraeth After a brief search (oh yes, the search engine school does wonders), I have concluded that it is indeed impossible to save myself from this disgrace and delete the thread. Oh, woe is me, now I will have to live with this shame for the rest of my life.
    @drmartin Would you kindly save me from this disgrace and delete this thread?

6. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 30, 2015

SoniaB , Jul 30, 2015 :
    He may just lock it so the disgrace is forever on record :rolleyes::p

7. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jul 30, 2015

pa5t1s , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Well, at least this guy has "savoir-vivre" (in French in the text) !

SoniaB likes this.
  8. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

Then this will serve as a lesson to all newcomers. I might go down in history as a martyr, sacrificing myself for the greater good.
    I guess it is true - the moment you post something online, it is impossible to get completely rid of it ;(

rphlfjrd and SoniaB like this.
  9. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 30, 2015

SoniaB , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I am fairly certain you will survive this traumatic episode just fine.

rphlfjrd likes this.
  10. OliverGL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

OliverGL , Jul 30, 2015 :
    How about "Live and let live". I don't care if people create already existing threads... If they hadn't done so I would probably never have come across them so thanks! And for those who hate re-threads just ignore them ! "Don't get your knickers in a twist" ;)

11. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

It shall be so! Thanks! :D

SoniaB and rphlfjrd like this.
  12. tarismitovs
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

Yeah, me personally, I don't mind reading through a few similar threads, it seems hard to contribute to a thread that is a few months old, if it has gone cold. And yet, rules are rules, and it makes sense not to flood the forums with a bunch of identical questions. Thanks for the support!

#HYPEorGTFO likes this.