Random freezing

1. fuzzyluke
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2016

2. JacKok
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

JacKok , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Phone Complete freeze, and black screen after heavy VPN streaming.
    Reset phone with on/off for 10 sec to get it working again. :(

3. pandastick
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

pandastick , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Cleaned cache and problems continue. Freezes twice a day. Can't depend on the alarm clock to wake up. It's been two months. I'm done with this phone and company.

4. deejayscorpion
    Eclair Feb 4, 2016

deejayscorpion , Feb 4, 2016 :
    I miss CM so much... At this moment it ridiculous this situation and no fix on the horizon! I miss my Oneplus One with CM

5. neil.chi
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2016

neil.chi , Feb 4, 2016 :
    Same here, this only happened since last OTA and is happening every day now.

I too wish I could move (back) to CM!

6. Runaque
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2016

Runaque , Feb 4, 2016 :
    I also have this random freezing on my OPT and sometimes it's so worse that the phone even reboots.

7. bakal_daw
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2016

bakal_daw , Feb 5, 2016 :
    Same here... very annoying! Always need a reboot that will suck up battery juice!

8. awesomeX1
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2016

awesomeX1 , Feb 5, 2016 :
    I have this problem too...always need a battery draining reboot almost daily...hope they fix this soon

Dunestorm likes this.
  9. kreutzere
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2016

kreutzere , Feb 5, 2016 :
    Any news on this? This is getting ridiculous by now. After some days phone becomes laggy and freeze up. It's not thermal throttling as my phone almost never warms up.

It would be nice to see some feedback about promised fix... At the end I have to change phone.

DerBlob and dertimaushh like this.
  10. Dunestorm
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2016

Dunestorm , Feb 5, 2016 :
    I wish OnePlus would just focus all their resources on fixing this issue ASAP. I can't have my phone freeze for 30s every time I unlock it and then having to reboot it to fix the issue for a few days.

I can't express how annoying and time wasting this is for me...

PrajwalK likes this.
  11. tom.aers
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2016

tom.aers , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Same here. I was a big fan of this company. But since the OP2 was released, lots of issues and no real solutions. Now this... I stopped recommending it to friends. When can we expect a solution, please?!

12. bijeshtank
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2016

bijeshtank , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I posted on a different thread having issues with constant freezing and lags (since updating to OOS 2.2.0), but to add my experience:
    - WhatApp seems to be worst. App sometimes takes ages to load up, almost like the screen hasn't responded to me opening the app. Sending messages can seem like an age at times.
    - Gmail also has some issues loading at times
    - Home screen scrolling can be laggy too
    - Making a phone call can sometimes take a while to actually start dialing. Not problem with the service as on full reception.
    - Sometimes the phone doesn't turn on (from sleep), no matter how many times you press the power button. Have to hold down the power button until it forces a restart.
    - Crashes/freezes randomly when screen is on. Again have to force restart by holding down the power button
    - Serious lag using the camera

I'm sure there are a few more instances but these are the ones that stand out. Cleared the cache out a number of times but after a while you still get any of these random lags and crashes.

I hope OP takes these as serious issues and come up with a fix quick. The OP2 is starting to become unusable. Had no such issues with Nexus 5 so terribly disappointed having taken the plunge and bought the OP2.

I've already complained on Twitter to OP Support, maybe if more people do the same we might get a result?

To OnePlus if you are reading this --- as you say "We Never Settle". Maybe you need to take that saying on board seriously and come up with a more stable update. Until then I will "Never Settle" for this crappy product.

13. jdudouit
    Froyo Feb 9, 2016

jdudouit , Feb 9, 2016 :
    toc toc
    O+ team ? someone here ?
    I think they just really don t care about their customers !

14. dertimaushh
    Eclair Feb 9, 2016

dertimaushh , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Same here, random lags and freezes since 2.2.0 - wiping cache didn't help.

Really annoying, for now I can not recommend ONEPLUS to anyone out there. Sorry to say.

Please get the OS fixed!!! If the Marshmallow Update doesn't arrive on time (and fixes the major bugs) you'll see my phone on ebay soon and I say goodbye to OP.

A "Flaggship Killer" Hardware isn't engough in these days.

Cheers,
    Tim

Edit: I am using a iPhone 6s as a my company phone - and it reminds me how flawless and snappy a smartphone can work these days.

15. j.peters08
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

j.peters08 , Feb 9, 2016 :
    I have had same issue. i always reset by holding power button for 10+ seconds to restart phone. fixes issue

16. j.peters08
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

17. pandastick
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

pandastick , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Totally agreed! I've already sent them a few tweets and encourage everyone to do so, publicly. If this is not addressed soon (not even saying fixed - this is how ridiculous this is, it's not even addressed), I will go out of my way to commenting negatively about this company and phone on every single review site from now on.

18. pvdscheer
    Eclair Feb 9, 2016

pvdscheer , Feb 9, 2016 :
    I am having the same problem since the latest update. I wanted to keep my phone clean, unrooted etc. but if this is not solved soon I will switch ROM's, or even phone.

19. dertimaushh
    Eclair Feb 11, 2016

dertimaushh , Feb 11, 2016 :
    Did an annoying factory reset, reinstalled all programs.

Now the Phone feels really fast and snappy under OOS 2.2.

Fingers crossed that this is a longterm fix.

20. Johan1+
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2016

Johan1+ , Feb 11, 2016 :
    Hopefully, keep us informed please.

J

Ps. Just got a freeze for 7 minutes