Random notification sound without notification via OnePlus 8T

1. bhappyharsha
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

bhappyharsha , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Hello all,

Appreciate any help I can get in this. This is annoying a lot.

Of late I've been getting notification sounds randomly and don't see anything in the status bar. I've tried to turn off notifications for all apps and only set for 2-3 apps that I need.

Even after that, I have been getting. Just now, I see that Twitter triggered one notification but the notifications are off for Twitter. Please see attached screenshots
    1611319783582.jpg

1611319783607.jpg
    This is not just with Twitter though. I've seen this sound for WhatsApp and I've got no new messages. I've seen for Google and no weather updates or something.

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Sri Harsha

I1611426420964 likes this.
  2. rizwanqureshi786
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

rizwanqureshi786 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Try This

Turn On "Notification History" , so you can find out about your last notification.

Settings>>Apps and notifications>>Notifications>>Advanced>>notification history (turn it ON)

G_plusone likes this.
  3. rizwanqureshi786
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

4. Xcommunicad0
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

5. rizwanqureshi786
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

6. bhappyharsha
    Donut Jan 24, 2021

bhappyharsha , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 24, 2021 :
    Thanks for the suggestion. I see that it's already on. But I don't see the notification that I heard there, in the history. History is only showing the notifications I've dismissed or seen. Here, I don't see anything.

Of late, Google is probably the app but I've turned off the notifications for Google. Can't seem to figure out how to identify the issue.

Any other suggestions?

7. rizwanqureshi786 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 24, 2021 :
    Try This

Settings>>Apps and notifications>>Notifications>>Advanced>Notification dot on app icon(turn it ON)

Clear all notifications first every time.
    Whenever you notice that hidden notification sound then check in app drawer which app have dot icon over it.

This can be a method to find out which app create notification.

Let me know if this method works...

bhappyharsha likes this.
  8. bhappyharsha
    Donut Jan 27, 2021

bhappyharsha , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I've done that and last time I checked, the sound came but no dot on any app. Then I started to go through all notification sounds my phone has and the one that came wasn't in the list.

I also confirmed that this sound wasn't in the list of ringtones. I've changed the default notification sound to none and still heard this. Changed it to something else and haven't received this for the past day and half. Will let you know if there's any information.

Regards,
    Sri Harsha Kiran