Random pop-up on screen that flashes 'Thank you for the feedback'

1. MattBoxer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2019

MattBoxer , May 25, 2019 :
    Edit: it is :(
    (THIS IS NOT THE PHANTOM TOUCH ISSUE)

I had brought my OP7 Pro from the community drop, and moved from a OP5 (I think it's a very nice upgrade).

After the first day I noticed a box that popped up on the screen saying 'Thank you for the feedback', so far this has happened in the file manager, home screen and speedtest (Ookla). What I don't understand is where this pop-up like thing has originated from, as I have the exact same setup and apps I had on my OP5 which never had this issue.

It flashes randomly about 40-50 times in about 5-7 seconds then just disappears. (Image below is what I could screenshot before it went away)

1558782699960.jpg

(or here if the image doesn't work : http://imgur.com/y20o5H1)

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 25, 2019

2. MattBoxer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2019

3. MattBoxer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2019

MattBoxer , May 25, 2019 :
    Update 2# : I enabled show touch inputs and left it on cpu-z for a few seconds and unfortunately I have the phantom touch issues [e]1f61e[/e]

4. Illekcim
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

Illekcim , May 26, 2019 :
    I'm also having this "Thank you for the feedback" message popping up at random.

OnePlus 6T, only had the phone a few days.

Wonder if it's related to an app that has been installed? There doesn't seem to be any way to see what app is causing it though.

beckett1 likes this.
  5. beckett1
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

6. G_Manos_Koutras_repk
    Donut May 28, 2019

G_Manos_Koutras_repk , May 28, 2019 :
    same issue here on oneplus 7 pro and before I had the same issue on op6t mclaren as well.
    i just disabled now under settings -> system -> Experience improvement programs the User Experience Program option. Let's see if this is the solution.

Br,
    Manos

7. G_Manos_Koutras_repk
    Donut May 28, 2019

G_Manos_Koutras_repk , May 28, 2019 :
    Also I disabled the System Stability Program option under the same menu.
    What I think is that some background process is crashing and the logs are sent automatically to Oneplus..

Br,
    Manos

8. solleks
    Honeycomb May 29, 2019

solleks , May 29, 2019 :
    I did all that also reset the phone and it still does it. I have this issue and the ghost touches. Turning off NFC fixes the ghost touches. Nothing gets rid of this stupid thank you for the feedback issue. Oneplus is not even acknowledging the issue and keeps putting me through hoops with customer service. So I got a RMA and will be returning this broken piece of hardware. So disappointed in the customer service definitely not worth my $1000 CDN plus hard earned money. I thought of returning and purchasing a new one and hoping for the best but I don't know the customer service will be the same -5 star in my opinion. They price their phones high enough to afford a decent customer service experience.

9. G_Manos_Koutras_repk
    Donut May 30, 2019

G_Manos_Koutras_repk , May 30, 2019 :
    Hi,

I just got a response from a oneplus employee (tester) for the feedback message issue that it is related to the Google app that is built-in on the OS. They are working on a fix for this but the truth is that yesterday I didn't see the message and 2 days ago the Google app was updated.

Br,
    Manos

10. solleks
    Honeycomb May 30, 2019

solleks , May 30, 2019 :
    I will continue to follow up for updates. I personally have all my apps updated and had this issue yesterday. At one point I had it 5 times within a 30 min span then I get a full 24hrs without it happening then out of the blue it happens again. I don't know what triggers it. Please keep us updated

11. justwondering
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

12. justwondering
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

13. mrmcas
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

mrmcas , Jun 10, 2019 :
    Just happened to me on Whatsapp. I have had this happening a couple of times a day, randomly over the last couple of days. The screen kind of flashes too.