Random screen activation with motion via OnePlus 8T

1. Ellzthecc
    Cupcake May 17, 2022

Ellzthecc , via OnePlus 8T , May 17, 2022 :
    So since the big update and most recently noticing It.

It seems to just randomly wake up when any movement and it's kinda annoying and although a little it could drain the battery if it's doing it when just sitting there.

Iv looked through the settings and didn't see anything that could do it. The pocket sensor thing is on but if I put my hand over the sensor it doesn't stop it sometimes. Any help or possibly an update that may fix it would be great.

2. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G May 18, 2022

psygarden , May 18, 2022 :
    Make sure you've turned off Raise to Wake in Settings to disable the AOD/Screen turning on when the device is moved.

Ellzthecc likes this.
  3. Solenoid
    Gingerbread May 18, 2022

Solenoid , May 18, 2022 :
    Same problem here

4. Ellzthecc
    Cupcake May 18, 2022

Ellzthecc , via OnePlus 8T , May 18, 2022 :
    Ya tried that it's not that it happens even if my phone is face down. I tend to have it laying next to me when I'm in bed watching TV. Which I do in near dark Ness and will see the glow of the screen coming on because I've moved a bit.

nadinemaren likes this.
  5. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G May 19, 2022

psygarden , May 19, 2022 :
    It's only possible if you receive a notification or the phone has moved. I didn't get if you've turned off Raise to Wake on/off.
    If it's still happening even after turning the feature off then I'd suggest you a Phone Reset if you feel it's worth it. Else report the issue https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ and hope that the bug is fixed in upcoming update.
    PS I don't have this issue on my 8T.

6. Ellzthecc
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2022

Ellzthecc , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 2, 2022 :
    Ya new issue now. I get a icon above the front camera and if I restart it comes up with safe mode. I did this once before and was stuck in save mode would not come out of it no matter what I did. Had to factory reset the phone and it did not back up properly.

7. nadinemaren
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2022