Random self reboots OPO 64gb

1. ludo960
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

ludo960 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    When i see the vidéo i instantly think about conflicted permissions (or allowances, I'm french my english isn't perfect ) did you run in some dificulties during bootloader unlock or root?
    I would unroot by flashing the first cmw rom and original kernel. Then see if its rebooting, if it's still, unlock bl wipe dalvik test again. Might also be a hardware driver problem with the wifi chipset...
    I guess you can't stand to try and try again ^^'

2. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

Giansilvio , Aug 14, 2014 :
    No problems in unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery and root.
    No problems flashing again factory image always with fastboot.
    I've made it dozen of times.

I've tried to start from a stock situation, unlock bootloader, flash custom cwm, and wipe dalvik.
    Nothing helps.

At this point, even if we find a workaround, I don't want to keep a defective device: I've paid for 100% working one, so I want my One ti be replaced by OnePlus.

I understand that this will took time, they are not fast to reply and manage RMAs, but I will go on.

jteesy and ludo960 like this.
  3. ludo960
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

ludo960 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I agree make yourself an example, 1+ will maybe call back some defective phones who knows!
    Anyway i can't find any solution i can just wish you good luck with the procedure ^^

4. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014

Giansilvio , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Update

Today, so 9 days after my RMA request, the customer support answered me, asking a video that shows the issue in a stock situation. I already posted such a video in this thread, so I answered with the video link. And I asked not to make me wait other 10 days for the next communication...

5. cilicus
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

cilicus , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Update?

6. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2014

Giansilvio , Sep 18, 2014 :
    UPDATE!

After my last post of 21 august, "just" a couple of weeks without to hear anything from OnePlus...
    Just an automatic message from support to tell me not to worry.
    Then two days ago, the 16 september, a message from Wilona asking me to try a fastboot wipe and install to start from a clean situation... Wilona doesn't know that I already tryed this at least 20 times, without them to advise me, but she's new about my case, so I have to forgive her, though.
    In these 2 days I did'nt had the time to do it and prepare pics or video to show them that it doesn't fix the problem. It takes about 1 hour to do it, making a video, upload, ad answer. I don't have time for this.

BUT

Today, the 18 september, so FIVE WEEKS after my RMA request and EIGHT WEEKS after my purchase, without to wait for my next answer...

I RECEIVED MY RMA TICKET, FOR REPLACEMENT

I quickly confirmed it.

So now I'm waiting for news. Someone of you that aready did this, can tell me timing and what is the next step? I imagine I will receive an email telling me that the courier will come to my place to collect the bad device... Then we'll have to wait for OnePlus to receive it, verify, and then they will send me a new device. So I can assume... ANOTHER MONTH ????

BAH!

PS: in the meantime I bought a Xiaomi Mi4 64gb

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

7. mdrews
    Froyo Sep 22, 2014

mdrews , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Reading through these replies, it seems that everyone believes this is a hardware issue.

I'm confused, though, because I have NEVER had the reboot issue until this afternoon, after I rooted my phone and installed franco kernel. Now it has rebooted a few times while I've gone down my list of apps in the Play Store and clicked download on all of them to get them back on my phone. Could rooting and installing have caused some hardware issue?

8. bcsheng
    Eclair Sep 27, 2014

bcsheng , Sep 27, 2014 :
    Having same problem.. But fortunately only 1-2x per week. Hopefully there will be an OTA fix to address this.

9. tufik2
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2014

tufik2 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    Ok, i am waiting my RMA to return my phone, i am waiting for 2 weeks but Oneplus One don't want give me one :(...

Is true that it is a Hardware problem, and is a big lesson to don't buy a phone to a small company, but i found an acceptable solution with CM 11s, you can try if you want. And write here if work for you...

1. Go to Setting/Performance.
    2. Select profile like Performance.
    3. Unable the option "Enable pre-app profiles”.
    4. I have problems with my WIFi, so i installed (Wifi Fixer), it is a program that is checking my Wifi connection, went the Wifi lost is reconnecting again.

Another thing, i am reading that Themes and Google now launcher help that you phone crash, but i don't know because i have the holo theme and i dont test if Google now launcher work....

10. getexsm
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2014

getexsm , Oct 7, 2014 :
    Well, my device has been doing it too!
    First it only was when i was out jogging with it,, now, it is be whenever,, and sometimes up to 5 times in a row, then settling down for a while.. Really weird,,

Have someone got a replacement for this issue ?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

11. sohohopeter
    Froyo Oct 7, 2014

sohohopeter , Oct 7, 2014 :
    My phone also restarts and finally it dont turn on. now i am waiting for a RMA ticket to replace the device. I am waiting for abour 10 days -.-

12. ganstakillerz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2014

ganstakillerz , Oct 7, 2014 :
    I've seen this happen on other handsets I've rooted in the past. You have to watch out for the Kernel. For example updates will update the rom software but not the kernel. Not sure if it the same for the One plus but the rom needs to have the correct Kernel otherwise you get into all sorts of trouble. Was the case when I messed about with the Samsung phones back in the day.

These random reboots on this post, has anyone reflashed the official stock rom and the kernel in case of a bad flash from manufacture? Can you reflash just the Kernel as I've not seem where to get this.

13. LastLeg
    Honeycomb Oct 20, 2014

LastLeg , Oct 20, 2014 :
    Any updates lately on this? @Giansilvio I just read this thread as I too am having similar reboots. Just wondering if anyone got it fixed or replaced!? Oddly I ordered my phone on July 17th as well... I just switched to Paranoid Android yesterday and have had a few reboots, so I'm sure it's not the ROMs. Thanks.

14. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2014

Giansilvio , Oct 20, 2014 :
    My non-working OPO was delivered today to OnePlus in Hong Kong.
    Now I'm waiting OnePlus to send me the return package containing a hopefully 100% working device.

This happens 95 days after purchasing it.

15. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2014

16. LastLeg
    Honeycomb Oct 20, 2014

LastLeg , Oct 20, 2014 :
    That sucks. They should have sent you a new one in a box that your non-working one could be returned to them in. I've had a few Xbox's replaced by Microsoft that way... in far less time too.

17. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2014

Giansilvio , Oct 23, 2014 :
    They sent me another OPO the day after they received the bad one. It took just 2 days to arrive, casue the sent from London to me in Italy.

This device seems to be ok.

So I payed Euros 300 on the 17th of july and I'm starting to enjoy my One toady, the 23rd of october.

THE END

Evgenii_Pozdnyakov and LastLeg like this.
  18. tzadka
    Donut Nov 20, 2014

tzadka , Nov 20, 2014 :
    I received my device yesterday and it has the same problem even 3 months later the first report of this problem. The manufacturing date is in late Oct.
    I updated it from 33 to 38 to 44, flashed franco kernel but nothing resolves the issue, the device is unusable.
    Is it possible that they will release a rom that will address this annoying issue?

Thanks.

19. Giansilvio
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

Giansilvio , Nov 22, 2014 :
    If it's an hardware issue like mine, there's no software fix. If you think the problem is same as mine, I advise you to open a ticket with customer support asap. In my experience, it will takes weeks and
    weeks to have a working one.

20. Diamondstudd1
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2014

Diamondstudd1 , Dec 8, 2014 :
    This is the Hell I presently occupy. I *wish* it were only 3 or 4 reboots per day - more like 35-50 reboots (or more, really) per day, but never when plugged in, or in fastboot or recovery (or TWRP... or, when watching YouTube videos, curiously). I've done just about all one can do - fixing the persist partition, flashed pretty much every CM11S ROM there is, also tried SlimKAT and Liquid ROMs, power cycled, drained to 0 and recharged to 100).

I'm new to Android and the OnePlus One, but, ****, man... I'm being made to earn it here.