Other Randomly freezing (Huge problem)

1. chitocr
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

chitocr , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Requesting help!

I For a while now, I have been experiencing random episodes of the phone freezing, and then I need to shutdown the phone pressing down on the power button for 10-15seconds for the phone to re-start.

The problem seems to be getting worse. It can happen while I'm on different applications - chrome, WhatsApp, Camera etc, or while it's on sleep mode.

Sometimes, it leave a small pixelated line across the screen. I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling unused applications, not using the phone for certain periods of time, rebooting, but the problem seems to persist. The issue can happen within a few seconds of switching the phone back on again. It is now happening pretty frequently.

Many thanks!

cruzAD, JosPra, Samarth T G and 2 others like this.
  2. chitocr
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2018

chitocr , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Hard reset, sideload OxygenOS... Nothing works...

And my phone it's stock 100%

cruzAD and rushan901 like this.
  3. Devs3356
    Donut Apr 4, 2018

4. freedom dillesh
    Eclair Apr 4, 2018

5. chitocr
    Honeycomb May 1, 2018

chitocr , May 1, 2018 :
    Still have the issue?

6. N1524735822511
    Gingerbread May 1, 2018

7. Devs3356
    Donut May 1, 2018

8. chitocr
    Honeycomb May 1, 2018

chitocr , May 1, 2018 :
    The pixelated line in the screen appears when it freezes?

9. pmaloo
    Gingerbread May 7, 2018

pmaloo , May 7, 2018 :
    Did you find a solution to this? I have been facing exactly the same issue for months. Sometimes, the phone works for days without issues. But often it freezes frequently especially when doing anything relates to pictures or browsing with a horizontal pixelated. Sometimes, it would just refuse to power on for half an hour. I fidget with it for a while and it boots up.

OnePlus service centres are run by crooks from my past experience, so I am hesitant to go there. They wanted to change an entire motherboard for my old OnePlus One when I was having issues with the battery (phone powered off as soon as it was unplugged from the wall). A self-replaced after market battery from eBay has been working just fine.

Samarth T G likes this.
  10. chitocr
    Honeycomb May 12, 2018

chitocr , May 12, 2018 :
    I think my problem has gone. Since 2 days ago I have the last Oxygen Beta and everything it's ok. Hope it continues like that.

11. Jan Kuenzel
    Cupcake May 15, 2018

12. chitocr
    Honeycomb Jun 28, 2018

chitocr , Jun 28, 2018 :
    The problem its back and more frequently

13. Shashank H
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2018

14. Alex4nd3r
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2018

Alex4nd3r , Dec 13, 2018 :
    I have the exact problem on a 3T. It started in July this year. As described , the freezes are pretty random, and I even had a full 2 weeks without any. I even played some games in that time. If you find any solutions please let me know.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018

15. woina
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2018

woina , Dec 31, 2018 :
    i have the same issue with my 3, but no "funny pixels".

the phone freezes within 10 minutes now, i've opened an rma case.

16. sumit.gpt
    Froyo Dec 31, 2018

sumit.gpt , Dec 31, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. My OnePlus 3 hangs while reboot or when using the phone. I've tried factory reset of phone multiple times. Wiped cache via the vol down + power button menu. Nothing helps. It happens so frequently that it has made my phone frustrating to use. A lot of times my phone hangs while rebooting and I'm stuck in a boot loop kind of thing. I seems like a software issue as a lot of people are reporting it. Is one plus working on a fix or are they hoping Oxygen OS 9 will fix it?

My OS version is 5.0.8
    Another observation that I made is that after my phone hangs it turns the screen off and the notification led turns white. I have to hold power button for 10 seconds to force a reboot.

17. G_Armen_Selian_UQsM
    Eclair Jan 10, 2019

G_Armen_Selian_UQsM , Jan 10, 2019 :
    Same with me - OnePlus3 - stock, never rooted.
    Problems started with OSS 5.0.6, got worse on 5.0.7 and 5.0.8 hotfix.
    It can go for up 10 day to 2 weeks with no problem, but lately started freezing more often (once to twice per day).
    It only happens when the phone is on standby.

I always clean cash from recovery before and after OSS update and for 2.5 years.
    I was very very happy with my phone. But the past month and a half - I am getting very disappointed.

18. DjGeNeSiSxx
    Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

19. Alex4nd3r
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

Alex4nd3r , Feb 9, 2019 :
    exactly

rushan901 likes this.
  20. JosPra
    Eclair Mar 21, 2019

JosPra , Mar 21, 2019 :
    I too have the exact same problem with pixel line. The LED is white and phone sometimes heats up as if it is working.

I have tried factory reset, ROM reinstall (without root). Nothing worked. sometimes the problem doesn't appear for a span of a whole week.

OxygenOS: 5.0.8
    Android: 8.0.0
    Security patch: 1st Nov-18

Does anybody have with issue with different verisons?

One observation: when WiFi and data is turned off the problem seems to be silent. And as soon as I connect to WiFI all messages, Emails, WhatsApp messages, FB updates start loading and the phone freezes.. Recently I found this: When it freezes in the middle of a video playing, there is a Buzzing sound in the speakers like 5 Bees are inside the phone. Did anyone of u experience?

Waiting to hear a fix!!!

rushan901 likes this.