1. shail14493
    Donut Mar 23, 2018

Jazz Akhil likes this.
  2. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2018

3. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 23, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Mar 23, 2018 :
    RAW image is unprocessed file of a photograph. You can enable it in the camera settings.

Clicking as normal picture after enabling it will save RAW image in file manager with .dng extension

G_plusone and VaibhavBhargava like this.
  4. the98kid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2018

the98kid , Mar 23, 2018 :
    A camera raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of either a digital camera, image scanner, or motion picture film scanner.Raw files are named so because they are not yet processed and therefore are not ready to be printed or edited .

Raw image files are sometimes called digital negatives, as they fulfill the same role as negatives in film photography: that is, the negative is not directly usable as an image, but has all of the information needed to create an image.

you can find it in pro mode, at the top

G_plusone likes this.
  5. m_a_n_i_s_h
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2018

6. Jazz Akhil
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2018

Jazz Akhil , Mar 23, 2018 :
    1521781450436.jpg

RAW images as the name says.. they are untouched. when you click pictures they are saved in formats like jpeg and all... RAW is also a format like that.. in other formats pictures you click get compressed and loose their detailing.. while as in RAW the picture will be untouched,it is neither compressed nor its gonna loose detaling... i hope you understood this..

now in oneplus 3/3T you can click RAW images,install the latest camera app from apk mirror(google it) open the app and swipe from down and tap pro mode, top second option will be RAW enable it done.
    or you can take best of them with google camera..
    if you really want to click RAW pictures with google cam.. here are the steps

1.you need to unlock your bootloader and install TWRP
    2. https://www.mediafire.com/download/5mch70kqd39anh1
    3. https://www.mediafire.com/download/ppb4tybk7stqcwl
    4. download 2&3 (2 is the zip file you need to flash,dont extract)
    5. flash the zip file(2) via twrp
    6. reboot your phone to system
    7. install the apk(3)
    8. open the app and set the settings to the attached screenshot.
    9.ummm... done [e]1f601[/e]

Peace[e]270c[/e]️

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 23, 2018

G_plusone , Mar 23, 2018 :
    You can save raw files in 3/3T without any add on using the Stock camera app :rolleyes:

Jazz Akhil likes this.
  8. Jazz Akhil
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2018

Jazz Akhil , Mar 23, 2018 :
    yeah i never used the pro mode since i installed the latest camera app... i just saw it.. anyways thanks[e]1f601[/e]

G_plusone likes this.
  9. shail14493
    Donut Mar 23, 2018

shail14493 , Mar 23, 2018 :
    how

10. Amjad Siddiqi
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2018

Amjad Siddiqi , Mar 23, 2018 :
    raw images can be saved in the stock camera app. but mind it, they are really large sized.
    for example if you click a picture, and you enable save raw image option. ( you will find the 'save raw image' option if you click the gear icon{top right corner} in the side menu of slow-mo, video, photo...) the processed image will be 6MB and the same image in raw file will be 33MB. so there's a huge difference in size.
    but then you can process the image with various editing softwares

G_plusone likes this.
  11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 23, 2018

G_plusone , Mar 23, 2018 :
    Settings of camera App. Raw files consume 30+MB as stated before. Not much to worry but still should know about it.

Amjad Siddiqi likes this.