RCS finally available for Global variant in the US via OnePlus 6T

1. at0mixX
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

at0mixX , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Was messaging my wife earlier today and noticed the chat option available through the messaging app. Not sure if it was enabled by OnePlus or Google itself, but it was a nice surprise! I needed a messaging service to replace Google Allo and this is the closest thing to it! Currently using the 6T with Google Fi as the carrier. Has this been enabled for anyone else here in the US?

Attached Files:

2. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2019

ironass , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Looks like Google are putting pressure on the U.S. carriers with this worldwide, universal, feature.

Been on this in the U.K. for about 3+ months now, along with France, and it has been working well. The app/service has some way to go to rival the likes of Whatsapp but it is a start at least.

Kytharsis and Starcommander like this.
  3. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2019

4. somenothingness
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2019

5. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2019

ironass , Oct 23, 2019 :
    When it was enabled on the OnePlus 6 & 6T for the U.K. and France by Google, we just had to ensure that we had installed Google Messages from the Play Store and enabled Chat Settings in the Messages settings and we were good to go.

[​IMG]

Kytharsis likes this.
  6. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 23, 2019

KeepTransisting , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Same happened to me on my 7 Pro. Seems like Google jumped the gun on pushing it out to some people.

Kytharsis and somenothingness like this.
  7. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2019

ironass , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Some U.S. carriers such as T-Mobile are experimenting in getting their own, limited, RCS services to run on the Google Universal profile. This may explain the sudden connections and disconnections.