RCS Support

1. bradbruder Cupcake Mar 29, 2019

bradbruder, Mar 29, 2019 :
    I was talking with freedom mobile (Canada) and they said OnePlus isn't currently supporting RCS... How long until you support us on Freedom Mobile in Canada? RCS would allow us to send higher quality pictures and get texting read reciepts

2. charliecopley Gingerbread Apr 4, 2019

3. Deactivated User Apr 5, 2019

4. ChochiWpg Froyo Apr 6, 2019

ChochiWpg, Apr 6, 2019 :
    I'm also in Canada and was told by Rogers that OnePlus devices are not supported and won't work on RCS. I thought it was dependent on the carrier if they support RCS (which Rogers does) and they you are using Google Messaging (which I was). But there is no option in the Google Messaging app to enable RCS and when I called Rogers they told me they can't enable it because OnePlus is a non supported device. Frustrating.

5. brian.sedore Honeycomb Apr 29, 2019

brian.sedore, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Some OnePlus devices do seem to support it (and I believe the 6T does), but the carriers have to activate the profile for each phone. Some carriers only support some phones (usually Samsung phones and maybe a Pixel). I believe I have seen other users says their 6T does have RCS messaging. If this is the case, you have to wait for the carrier to support more phones.