RE: Yellow Screen

1. Free_Willy_4
    Eclair Sep 15, 2014

Free_Willy_4 , Sep 15, 2014 :
    They got my money back due to yellow screen and poor call quality. I explained that the yellow screen was clearly a defect that was not exhibited on any page of their site, google + site or facebook site. It is just deceptive and they are not willing to accept responsibility for the defect. The call quality issue was due to very poor cell signal causing poor reception while other phones were perfectly good in exactly the same area and same service provider.

As is typical, OP sent me an email a few minutes before pp did to make it look like giving my money back was out of the goodness of their heart.

2. Paul Ulliott
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2014

Paul Ulliott , Sep 15, 2014 :
    Noted...thanks for the heads up!

superchinook and gremlin like this.
  3. Free_Willy_4
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

Free_Willy_4 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    If the only problem you have with the OPO is the yellow banding, build a good case with PP that it is not as advertised and stress how deceptive and not as advertised it is. You should have no problem getting your money back.

4. Free_Willy_4
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

Free_Willy_4 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    I am so happy that the forum gods have seen clear to have the very stirring conversations from the RNC and Forum Voices show up on the Recent page. Nothing like pure drivel bullshit on the front page of the forum to show new people how intelligent the people are around here. They are so right in keeping in depth discussions hidden in the Tech Support area. If you will notice, Tech Support will not show up unless you look at the (View All) tab kinda hidden over to the side. They are getting exactly what they deserve in the serious review forum areas on other sites.

5. quentin66
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

quentin66 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Still lot of people acting like zombies, begging for invites as soon as they read the word "invite" in the title of a topic..... They seems to like wasting money...
    Just pathetic.... They will follow Opo till death....

6. gremlin
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

gremlin , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Hang on. As far as I can see no one is getting what they deserve.
    Customers are getting defective phones, and OP are getting the money.
    Surely OP don't deserve the money, and customers deserve what they were promised when they placed their orders.
    Or is that just me being silly again?

7. Andreagennari
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2014

8. darthliquor
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

darthliquor , Sep 16, 2014 :
    A mod closed the topic because of "redundancy"... Yeah of course, it's not the first thread complaining about OP, so obviously "redundant". WTF.

In the meantime, please welcome all the new "I've ordered my OPO" like threads that will be kept open for everyone's pleasure.

9. radhakrishnaakamat
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

radhakrishnaakamat , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Hi I completely agree with u.. but here in my cell the yellow band is at selective bottom part of screen not the entire part of screen. If my whole screen was yellow tinted your answer would justify. How to tackle if we have this yellow tint at only specific regions of screen ??

10. Airbus
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

Airbus , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Well first

Well first it was a glue issue that needed time to cure and then it was considered a feature as per one plus. The uv fix wasn't a fix for me and all I got was a super hot phone from lying in the sunlight.

There was a post here showing components attached to the back of the screen earlier on which made a lot of sense but seems to have been shuffled to the back of the bus.

11. Airbus
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

superchinook and nem3sis like this.
  12. swy81
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

swy81 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Dont think this is a glue issue. I know other phones had curing to do.

superchinook likes this.
  13. Airbus
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

Airbus , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Agreed, just giving the company side of yellow debate. I would think if it had been glue maybe they would have corrected it rather quickly.

superchinook likes this.
  14. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

superchinook likes this.
  15. macmus
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

16. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

17. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Of course my protest thread gets locked lol. Redundant my ***. But I knew it was gonna happen. Hope some people were awoken and read at least half the threads in tech support

18. Andreagennari
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2014

superchinook and Free_Willy_4 like this.
  19. superchinook
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

superchinook , Sep 16, 2014 :
    We know we convinced for sure at least a couple users, and that's a success in my book, saving 2 other human beings from unnecessary pain and BS, and saving $700 + shipping from going into the abyss :D

20. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

nem3sis , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Man, give yourself a push and send me a invite or two :), if not someone else will get it anyways. I need one for a coworkers wife, he wants to live in peace again, without nagging of his ahem, better half.