RE: Yellow Screen

1. Tricky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2014

Tricky , Jul 13, 2014 :
    For real, just today Microsoft recalled some defective Lumia 930's for purple tint. That is customer service.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ia-lumia-930-has-a-purple-tint-problem.55599/

xCoperr and Pedro Peguero Jr. like this.
  2. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

Bigbrutis , Jul 13, 2014 :
    It's crazy how threads on this get removed within minutes. Damage control on high shows they're very aware of this and this is how they're choosing to deal with it. Not very professional.

gremlin likes this.
  3. ddd4
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

ddd4 , Jul 13, 2014 :
    YepOTE="Bigbrutis, post: 2540302, member: 26711"]It's crazy how threads on this get removed within minutes. Damage control on high shows they're very aware of this and this is how they're choosing to deal with it. Not very professional.[/QUOTE]
    Yep and they like to ban people too. I am currently banned for speaking out about these issues. Sad part is that David S. Himself took the time to ban me. So either they close the thread, bury it or ban people.

gremlin likes this.
  4. Tricky

Tricky , Jul 13, 2014 :
    LOL this ---->

So I ask you @Jerry I understand the yellow tint issue can be fixed with software, but what about yellow banding at the bottom? Need more honesty and transparency on this. Not that it is not a defect or a feature. How come some have this problem? Some don't? Some say it is glue? Some have to heat it? It goes away with time? It spreads with time? That sounds like a defect to me. Yet OnePlus is not honoring warranty and/or RMAs (charging shipping really? for a defect?)

5. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

Bigbrutis , Jul 13, 2014 :

It has been addressed by saying the yellow banding is by design to reduce light bleed but the problem is that it goes too far in the opposite direction. By shading the lower area to reduce the backlight they've overdone it making the whites look dirty at the bottom. This is just as much a flaw as backlight bleed and should not be considered an acceptable design.

6. midas
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

midas , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Actually they're handling it in a very professional manner. Unfortunately that profession is used car salesman.

gremlin and toastytoast1234 like this.
  7. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

8. Tricky

Tricky , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Exactly, some people have screens that are just fine. Even if it was by design to prevent light bleed it is still a defect because some people have it and some don't. If it wasn't a defect everyone should have the same exact yellow banding at the bottom.

gremlin and Pedro Peguero Jr. like this.
  9. Pax
    Gingerbread Jul 13, 2014

Pax , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Th
    Thank you for helping out the issues with the One and can't wait to see what more lies ahead, Still waiting for an invite and good luck everyone. :)

10. midas
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

midas , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Why is another company going to make it?

gremlin likes this.
  11. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

zabakingboy , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Lol...no. I am saying that wait for OnePlus' next phone. They will have all the issues encountered with OPO fixed, so the next phone shouldn't have these issues, safer option.

12. yonoshiro

yonoshiro , Jul 13, 2014 :
    You are absolutely right mate. I have supported Oneplus for a long time but this is unacceptable. Their skirting around the issue is quite transparent and frankly, disheartening. Just a few days ago I ordered my OPO which has yet to arrive. However, if my screen is perfect I will send you pictures. Think of it like this, If they maintain that a yellow band is normal by design, then they would be forced to admit that a perfectly white screen is defective. Obviously the ridiculous nature of such a claim would prevent such an admission. On the other hand, if they acknowledge that a perfectly white screen is normal, then the obvious implication is that the yellow band is not a design feature.

beany, gremlin and Pedro Peguero Jr. like this.
  13. midas
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

midas , Jul 13, 2014 :
    As much as the quality issues bother me, the customer service issues bother me much much more. Even if they come out with another phone that's perfect I have no interest in it until they change the rest of the equation.

thisguysayswht likes this.
  14. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

Really? So you wouldn't buy the phone even if it is much much better?
    Why does the customer service matter? Once you get the phone, you don't need them anymore.
    I bought my HTC One two years ago, never had to talk to HTC's customer service once.

15. midas
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

midas , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Yes, really. Nobody knows what the future holds when you buy a product. Why take a chance with a company that has already shown me that they don't respect the customer? This is not a company I want to be involved with if I happen to part of the 1% that does have a problem.

Pedro Peguero Jr. likes this.
  16. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

so...why are you still here?

17. B-Rad
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

18. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

19. midas
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2014

midas , Jul 13, 2014 :
    Because they still have time to turn things around. I've stated that I'll stick around till the day I get my invite. If things haven't changed I'm gone.

And I firmly believe that a company needs to be held accountable for the way they choose to do business. I've been involved with customer service and IT support for the last 20 years. And I worked retail for the 20 years before that. I know how easy it is to get it right, if you want to.

hmmdecloth and B-Rad like this.
  20. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2014

Lol...so really, you still want one and will use one. so customer service really doesn't matter.