RE: Yellow Screen

1. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 21, 2014

Ryan , Jul 21, 2014 :
    This alone may lead to better results for us! If paypal has frozen their account this will either force them to close shop or to finally honor the repair without charging any money or costing us our "free replacement". :)

2. CCC
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

CCC , Jul 21, 2014 :
    I find it funny how OP keeps saying "it is not an issue in daily usage"... I started using the on-screen buttons in order not to see the banding, note: I hate on-screen buttons

superchinook likes this.
  3. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 21, 2014

Ryan , Jul 21, 2014 :
    I have the same hopes and the same solution! :)

4. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

sundoggy1112 , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Did you get yours yet? The guy above got pretty bad yellowing and a very dark pixel... do OP don't QC before send out? WTF is that... I remember LCD screen has 3 pix rule but the phone is only 5.5 inch. Monitor is up to like 27inch!.

5. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 21, 2014

Ryan , Jul 21, 2014 :
    I'm hopefully picking mine up tomorrow, if not sometime this week. Need to find time to go cross the border since I didn't want to pay the outrageous customs fees for it. You'll most likely see me back in this thread if I do have this issue. I really hope I don't get a dead pixel or the yellow screen though o_O *knock on wood*

6. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

OP would be dumb enough to have paypal stop working with them freeze their funds... they better start doing recalls before it gets too bad. Plus their RMA process is really bad. They should have ship new one out hold CC. and cross ship. Man... really need some better QC.

7. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 21, 2014

Ryan , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Very true. Maybe the paypal freeze is also somewhat related to the delayed processing times people are getting? (Just speculation) This could be why some people have waited for 5+ days since OPO can't afford to ship small quantities without their funds.

8. twong
    Froyo Jul 21, 2014

twong , Jul 21, 2014 :
    I was going to hold off on my RMA because I didn't notice the yellow banding at first until I saw photos of it and realized that I did have it as well. Then I read all the return issues that people were having. Plus I wanted to keep using my phone as I have really enjoyed it these past few days. But the bottom of the screen is bothering me more and more. I've read that the UV light trick hasn't work. I'm interested to see what becomes of this; should I request an RMA ASAP and then communicate with PayPal if I get no response?

superchinook likes this.
  9. CCC
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

CCC , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Yes try an rma first, like that they won't be able to say "you didn't even try contacting us"

sundoggy1112 and twong like this.
  10. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

Man I am worry....They shouldnt have RMA ship back to HK they should have them ship to warehouse then warehouse ship out replacements. Collect the RMA ones and return it all together.

11. twong
    Froyo Jul 21, 2014

12. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

seriously try UV sunlight and play video... even with paypal refund it's not like it won't take time. They still need to investigate and contact OP. Maybe just a little faster.

twong likes this.
  13. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

you got yellow band? did you try UV light and stuff?

14. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 21, 2014

Ryan , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Well the best thing to do is hope your phone is flawless :) Thats what I'm going to do until I actually get it

15. CCC
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

CCC , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Yes yellow band, not uniformous, the left side is worse than the right :/ I keep swiping the display (unknowingly at the beginning) because sth annoyed me about the display on that side... the screen is less sharp on the left side due to the stronger yellow coloration, very annoying (as stated I started using on-screen buttons, so that I don't see the yellow band , I hate on-screen buttons)
    Tried the uv trick, at the beginning it seemed to help, now the coloration is even worse -.-
    Summary: uneven yellow discoloration, uv didn't help for long

superchinook likes this.
  16. sundoggy1112
    Jelly Bean Jul 21, 2014

Probably design problem....at least you didn't get dead pixel. Dead pixel is just plain bad. we are not in 2003 anymore its 2014 now! there should be no settling for dead pixels for any type of LCD screen now.

superchinook likes this.
  17. CCC
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

CCC , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Yes dead pixels are very annoying, but believe me the yellow tint is bugging me more and more every day, I am starting to think about using my old samsung again -.- which is a shame because for the rest the OPO rocks

superchinook likes this.
  18. twong
    Froyo Jul 21, 2014

twong , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Okay, I'll give it a go first. By video I'm guessing you mean play a movie for a couple hours on bright setting.

sundoggy1112 likes this.
  19. Telecat
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 21, 2014

20. Telecat
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 21, 2014

Telecat , Jul 21, 2014 :
    I tested the UV Light. 2x 15 Min. It does not work. Does not change anything.

superchinook likes this.