RE: Yellow Screen

1. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    @PLPeeters is referring to non-warranty returns in the EU-regulated 14 day grace period. That is not why people return with the yellowing (but it is probably easier than dealing with a yellowing RMA).

2. wilbarger Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2014

wilbarger, Aug 16, 2014 :
    Wouldn't it be great if one of the OP Mods or somebody that is official could come in here and make a quick statement about this issue. Simply state that the yellow screen issue is available for shipping reimbursement or not. Very simple, even the newest CS person should be able to answer this. Anybody???

Unless this happens, the glue sniffer will continue to insist that you will pay for shipping without any evidence to back it up.

xyclops1 and grrremlin like this.
  3. sze5003 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

sze5003, Aug 16, 2014 :
    You mean reimbursement for shipping if it's a refund?

Because he was also stating they will replace your phone for yellow band.

4. ScorpioST Eclair Aug 16, 2014

ScorpioST, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I posted this a while ago, just received phone, compared to Galaxy Nexus (magenta tint) and Nexus 7.... looks fine to me, sometimes I think I see a bit of yellow but most times I blink and it's not there.

Attached Files:

5. wilbarger Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2014

Yes, if you were to return your phone under rma under warranty, you would get a refund of everything or a replacement phone. If you were to return OUT of warranty like a yellow screen and you are withing the 14 day rule, you would not be reimbursed for shipping and would not get a replacement phone.

CRXed and grrremlin like this.
  6. jrOne Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2014

jrOne, Aug 16, 2014 :
    Okay Doc I do see clearly now that you are being INTENTIONALLY vague and misleading.

You are giving the impression that yellow screen issues are de facto RMA worthy. You are leaving out that they are subject to RMA approval on a case by case basis, and only when the RMA is approved, AND ONLY THEN, is postage covered by OPO.

You also are failing to differentiate between the 14 day refund option and the RMA'ing for a defective device. If a customer opts to refund within the first 14 days they pay for postage.
    I do hope that you are a paid OPO advocate and the misleading and vague responses you are giving is to pay your bills and feed your family. We all have to make a living somehow, but if you are just spreading vague and misleading information for the fun of it you are a really mean person.

And if you really are a doctor then not only are you mean, but you are violating your hippocratic oath and you ought to be ashamed of yourself too.

7. wilbarger Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2014

Very well stated. He has to be a paid puppy for OP. He has been vague on all his postings. Slips in an "I think" and trying to make it sound like a fact. What a waste of humanity.

d_jaxx, jdk2, grrremlin and 1 other person like this.
  8. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I'm not being intentionally vague, if you RMA for yellow band, they pay for shipping. They also accept this as an RMA reason, but of course, all RMA's are handled on a case-by-case basis.

The 14 day EU grace period for returns is a totally separate issue.

Have you read the oath of Hippocrates before? And no-one, especially in the USA, follows it. ;-)

PLPeeters likes this.
  9. xyclops1 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

xyclops1, Aug 16, 2014 :
    read today something about the spayed backcover of the phone(that looks pretty damn good) peels off, leaving behind the black plastic experience.. uhh, nasty stuff.

10. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I've asked you very nicely to be civil.

PLPeeters likes this.
  11. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I've read of that happening to two people now, not that it peels off but that it wears down on the edges and becomes smooth. Can't wait to get my Kevlar backplate though. Won't be happy until the phone is bullet proof. ;-)

PLPeeters likes this.
  12. xyclops1 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

drmartin likes this.
  13. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I wonder how long it will take for someone to test the kevlar at a shooting range. ;-)

I mean if "Will It Blend" are willing to blend gadgets up, someone must be willing to shoot their OPO. ;-)

PLPeeters likes this.
  14. xyclops1 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

xyclops1, Aug 16, 2014 :
    I really don't like that kind of people, people that for gettin' some atention blend or smash their phones.
    There are people who don't have enough money to eat and they wasting money.
    Well there will always be idiots :D

15. wilbarger Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2014

Like you, I was vague. Why do you think I was talking about you?

d_jaxx and xyclops1 like this.
  16. Michaelh222 Gingerbread Aug 16, 2014

Michaelh222, Aug 16, 2014 :
    Im sorry but this phone is not bad quality the only thing is the yellow hue but thats not even bad, 300 bucks for this phone is amazing, clearly stupid to think this phone is rubbish!

drmartin likes this.
  17. CompExtreme Froyo Aug 16, 2014

CompExtreme, Aug 16, 2014 :
    Message to OnePlus...

Please post an update in this forum with your current policy in re to the yellow band issue.

It is irresponsible to let people flounder with half-truths and fake users like drmartin.

Post an official, legitimate and professional update.

18. xyclops1 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

xyclops1, Aug 16, 2014 :
    chill guys, it's saturdat night, have a beer, these pages will get deleted anyway

determinator, TheInverseKey and Suzie like this.
  19. xyclops1 Honeycomb Aug 16, 2014

xyclops1, Aug 16, 2014 :
    Why should they post something if people are buying the phone like crazy ? :D

Suzie likes this.
  20. drmartin KitKat Moderator Aug 16, 2014

drmartin, Aug 16, 2014 :
    There's the full quote, where it is clear that I am the object of the paragraph.

I am crystal clear in what I mean but I can say it again if you would like:

yellow hue = rma'able = no shipping costs = facts

that there is just a couple unique ip's from the yellow-hezbollah = opinion

is there anything else you want me to be more clear on?

Suzie and PLPeeters like this.