Read before you buy the OP3 --> Never Settle in a wrong way !

1. alapvyas
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

alapvyas , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Rightly Said....

Klaeje likes this.
  2. Shashank Karthik M
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

Shashank Karthik M , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Nope. It has Dirac HD.

Deactivated User likes this.
  3. samwisegamgee
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

samwisegamgee , Jun 16, 2016 :
    OPO with Cyanogen is one major reason that makes the phone unique.

OPT with OS is a pure waste of hw. And the company kind of slow played OPT owners in taking forever to release the kernel to the modding community.

Precisely because of the above I am not a fan of buying OP3 plus I see no incentive to get OP3 being an OPT owner.

Last but not least in couple weeks there are better alternatives available from Asus and ZTE.

4. jdlitton89
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

jdlitton89 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Hmmmm. Seems like a poor attempt to troll a rather exciting smartphone launch. A lot of positive reviews and hype right out of the gate. Can't wait until mine arrives Monday!

5. magullo
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

magullo , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Please stop complaining, at least until you have the device in your hands.

6. jaimal_tandel
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2016

jaimal_tandel , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I didn't know that it was the ram's fault if the phone doesn't have day dream support

7. frinvs

frinvs , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Cant really give an opinion till you have one yourself, and if you dont like it return it or sell it....

8. alexis.bosman

alexis.bosman , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Don't fully agree, but most of what you're saying is true. Either way, if they continue producing bad sofwtare like they did on the 2 I won't ever buy a OnePlus phone again. Nexus is the way to go here.

pratheek_ca likes this.
  9. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 16, 2016 :
    The reason why I said "yes and no" is because the OP3 lacks a 2K screen, which is required for Daydream... so it's not future proof on that area but ram-wise it is :)

10. jaimal_tandel

I was talking about ram being future proof, not the screen
    Nobody complains when iPhone 6s had lcd 1080p display with such less pixel density. Software sells hardware and I wish oxygen os could become what Oneplus wanted it to be

Klaeje likes this.
  11. G_Colin_Christensen_MGPt
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

G_Colin_Christensen_MGPt , Jun 16, 2016 :
    If you already have a OP2, its probably not worth it to spend $400. But its not a trash phone. What are the 'goodies' that are missing?

12. gringoboy
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2016

gringoboy , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Where did I say that lol? I told you to buy the S7 if you don't settle! That means it's the best out there. Lol. Hopeless. I wouldn't go near the OP3, and I said so. I wouldn't buy Chinese any phone that hasn't been out for a few months. I don't talk utter crap about things I don't own, or things nobody knows about yet. You should try it.

13. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I don't really care about Apple stuff, so I have no idea about that.

Personally I would've loved a better battery, a 2K screen and more 4G LTE bands to really be future proof (as a whole, not on some specific points)... but besides that the phone is good price-wise and some features are indeed future proof which is enough I think :)

jaimal_tandel likes this.
  14. jaimal_tandel

Increases the price by £50 or 5k inr so maybe they were not bothered about it because it would face competition in that category... even MKBHD agreed that 1080p res was an acceptable decision which felt the same to me

15. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 16, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Good point. I recognize that. I have a similar experience. I was hoping the camera on the 3 would convince me to buy it but from the video reviews I have seen, everything seems to be pretty decent, except -again- the camera.

I am starting to lean towards buying the 7 Edge. I will keep my eye on user feedback in the upcoming few weeks but so far, the more feedback/reviews I see, the more I am leaning towards the 7.

It's silly but I think the main reason why I am still on the fence is because if I decide not to buy the 3, I basically have to conclude the One was a gorgeous fluke, and leave OnePlus behind me. There is no point for me to stick around and hope, knowing they will never meet the same standard again. Sure, the One was not perfect, but it was a lot closer to being perfect than the phones they have released since.

barb likes this.
  16. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I also think 1080p is enough, but 2K would've been nice (specially for Daydream) ;)

17. Capta1nZap

Capta1nZap , Jun 16, 2016 :
    That's pointless, that has nothing to do with OP3 but with Snapdragon and how it's built. But the 6 GB of RAM will keep a lot of apps in the memory. Tell me when in your life are you going to start 1000 apps at once and never use any of them.

A good test would be using the browser surfing the net, going back to the email app - opening a youtube video which opens up the youtube app and see how fast it loads.

Also you are comparing a phone who's been on the market for a lot longer on which the manufacturer had time to polish and optimize the experience. The phone can hold a lot of stuff in memory as per their previous test :

18. jaimal_tandel

Seems like you're crazy about day dream :D
    For me ambient screen is good enough

19. Keshiji
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

Keshiji , Jun 16, 2016 :
    The videos I've seen of the OP3 have been amazing so far...

Did you see the comparison of the OP3 between other phone cameras @ fonearena?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BigfnU-L16-Kv23mOZu5Bj1iST60FgK

Check the videos in this post as well

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-3-op3-video-tests-and-comparisons.450671

They are quite decent!

20. jaimal_tandel