0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. glockman4519
    Eclair Dec 12, 2017

glockman4519 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    This is an example of how the OnePlus 5 stacks up to the camera on the LG-V10. Fur the longest time I considered the camera on the LG-V10 to be the best camera of any on the market in the cell phone camera arena. And even though the LG has a few more manual settings, and if you are a pro photographer you would know how and when to use those, I feel that the camera in the OnePlus 5 is as good, if not slightly better than that offered bye LG.
    While I don't own the OnePlus 5T, as even my OnePlus 5 was donated to my channel, I can only surmise that it has grown better than that of the Plus 5. Hopefully I will get a chance to try one out.
    The videos I posted on my YouTube channel were a progression of getting used to the controls and features on this amazing device. I was so impressed with the OnePlus 5's camera that I have now switched to using it as my main camera, when using a smart phone camera, rather than my LG-V10.
    Below is a link to a comparison video I made of the OnePlus 5 and the LG-V10 camera, both front and rear example from both devices. I have also posted stills taken with both devices. While I show a preference for the LG at the time of producing this video, I have since changed my opinion and have moved the top camera winner to the OnePlus 5.

saladinayubi69 and Impulse_CK like this.
  2. DJ Valente
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

DJ Valente , Dec 12, 2017 :
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5TKE/v5wZLA675
    Photo is not mine, club member 4pda (PiVa)
    Several photos for camera comparison OnePlus 5 and 5T
    I already realized that one plus company only earns money on its fans, instead of having to finalize the software of the One Plus 5 camera, they are releasing 5T, now you can throw out your one plus 5 and buy one plus 5T, and in a couple of months One Plus 6 , although the company's slogan was "clearer foto" the Chinese know how to only deceive their fans, it's better to add a little and buy Google Pixel 2, you will have support for many years and unlimited space on the Internet for your files as well as the best camera in the world and portrait mode on the front camera, it's better to be much even than on the iPhone X

Y1511446669413 likes this.
  3. glockman4519
    Eclair Dec 12, 2017

I don't agree with your response completely. I sympathize with you in regards to the update to the 5T but as for the remark that Google will be a better device because they will support their devices longer is just not accurate. I'm not making this statement blindly either as I own several Nexus device. My main device and daily driver is the Nexus 6.
    But as with OnePlus, Google decided to drop support for the Nexus 6 as well and it will never officially get Oreo. I was as upset as you are but realized that companies move forward all the time.
    OnePlus is not the giant that Google or Samsung are. Their resources are limited and when they update a device, they do not have the money to keep both models in production.
    But you are as free to judge them as much as me and I am not going to try to change your mind. I do understand why you made the post you did.

4. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 12, 2017

sfomin , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Nexus 6 is from end of 2014, op2 is mid 2015. N6 will not get O, but OP2 didnt even get N. do you see a difference in support?

DJ Valente and malidan like this.
  5. malidan
    Nougat Dec 12, 2017

malidan , Dec 12, 2017 :
    The V10 is a 2015 device and you want to put the OP5 up against that.
    I had a OP5 and the camera couldn't match my V20's.
    As for your survey if your talking point and shot, the best all-round would be the S8 or the iPhone X. I here all the hype about the Pixel but like last year its lowlight shots are still full of noise.
    The OP5/T just isn't in the company of which you have placed it in your survey and you should have had Huawei in that list.
    Their camera stills are outstanding and in excess of OP and they actually have a dual camera system that works.

DJ Valente likes this.
  6. saladinayubi69
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

7. malidan
    Nougat Dec 12, 2017

malidan , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Dude at one point they had the:
    OPO
    OP2
    OPX
    In the grinder at the same time.
    There are a lot of one man bands making custom ROMs as stable as OP.
    If OOS was as close to stock as people say it is, it should be a piece of cake to maintain.

8. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2017

marcusskyfall , Dec 12, 2017 :

My favourite device to answer your survey question is one of these!

1543_D750_left.png

9. glockman4519
    Eclair Dec 12, 2017

I agree, but I am referring to something that most of us will have on us at all times. I don't carry my DLSR with me everywhere I go.

DJ Valente likes this.
  10. glockman4519
    Eclair Dec 13, 2017

glockman4519 , Dec 13, 2017 :
    When I did my review of the camera comparison I was on the 4.5.13 stock rom with supplied camera. The more I used it the more I liked it.
    The reason I put this up against the LG-V10 was because, in my personal opinion, the V10 had the best camera out. Again, my opinion and not based on anything other than my personal experience with the device.
    And people can argue all they want but the V10 was the first true serious camera on any smart phone and it still hold it own against many devices out today.
    And for the other response, It's funny how so many people are haters in here against OnePlus. I agree with the gripes against the way they throw out a new device with slightly better specs shortly after releasing a major model update, but we have seen it before with their earlier models like the 3T so we could say that we saw it coming. Then why not wait for the "T" model release instead of jumping into purchasing right away...lol.. Just saying.

saladinayubi69 likes this.
  11. saladinayubi69
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2017

saladinayubi69 , Dec 13, 2017 :
    second that, i was planning to buy V30( for the camera manual features in video) but couldn't wait for it that long so went fro Op5 instead...but the thing is, i have a bigger problem with Video stabilization and i m on 4.5.12 beta leak...its hell shaky

12. DJ Valente
    Honeycomb Dec 13, 2017

DJ Valente , Dec 13, 2017 :
    I believe that the flagship of One Plus even in 2017 without optical stabilization is not a flagship and why release two flagships a year and not yet finalized in the cameras, the second sensor on the OP5T did not significantly improve the quality of pictures at night, Several photos for camera comparison OnePlus 5 and 5T
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5TKE/v5wZLA675
    Photo is not mine, club member 4pda (PiVa)
    it is better to produce one flagship per year , but finished completely with a screen of 18: 9 and optical stabilization, this forum hundreds of thousands of complaints about the camera OP5 and OP5T and the developers say that watercolor in the photo is normal is such a feature, cover the point with a noise and ISO even in the daytime is too high, then and how other smart phones in the same conditions make ISO 50-100 and OP5-OP5T - ISO 300-400, and even much more, here's the noise and not a good picture, I'm sure that One Plus 6 or One Plus 6T will have optical image stabilization, since it works better at night, a great example is Google Pixel 2, in the first Pixel there was no optical stabilization, but they realized that it is better for photos at night time, even with the best software in the world like HDR +, it works better with optical stabilization

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017