Real life 5G advantages.

1. xakep
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

xakep , Feb 23, 2019 :
    Here we go again, only mute don't talk about 5G this days, but what does it actually means? I guess we all know that it's faster. What else ? I purposely haven't googled all advantages. But to somewhat average consumer what exactly does it means ?

Will it save battery life, because of better and more efficient modems, or may be 5G will go through the walls better. How about voice quality like what has happened with voice over LTE, and other things that one may not nessesery think about when 5G is mentioned.

Alright now I'll go read all about why 5G is actually great and it better be not because tweeter feed will open in 0.2 seconds instead of 0.5 you know.

Cheers.

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 23, 2019 :
    You deliberately went out of your way to not understand a subject before you started a thread about it?

Wow.

3. Braylan Black
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

Braylan Black , Feb 23, 2019 :
    The advantages will be mostly present if you're watching YouTube or Netflix, and only if you have a 5G phone in an area with 5G, like a major city. It will be more battery intensive until things are optimized, and you won't want to buy one for a few years. 5G is definitely a big deal, but not for most people. It has more benefits than what I mentioned, but most people simply won't care or won't experience them.

4. xakep
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

xakep , Feb 24, 2019 :
    As always , great answer from the first one :)

5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    What other answer were you expecting? "I haven't looked into it, let's make a dumbarse pointless thread for some attention"

Yeah, no.

agoinfly, YRJ and yourdesiredusername like this.
  6. l3p1dl0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2019

7. F_張東尼_DtSX
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2019

F_張東尼_DtSX , Mar 2, 2019 :
    Dont think there will be any benefits for mobile phones. Yes, it is faster but so what? I believe is more for connected devices like IoT which see the benefits.

8. Kruemelfelix
    Honeycomb Mar 4, 2019

Kruemelfelix , Mar 4, 2019 :
    - It will use way more battery with the unefficient modems right now compared to 3.9G/LTE and 4G.
    - 5G won‘t go though walls in any way, at least in Europe. The lowest frequency is 3.6Ghz, which may get through one thin wall, after that you won‘t have any 5G signal anymore. All other frequencies like 28Ghz won‘t even get through windows ;)
    - 5G has a way better latency than 3.9G/4G. You could now do realife task like life VR from another point. I have tried that myself. My provider streamed 4k 360degree video to an smartphone with an VR glasses on it. It looked fantastic and was realtime, if anyone moved you could see it like with your own eyes.
    - 5G is faster

9. Deactivated User
    Mar 23, 2019