REASON FOR NO VOLTE?

1. TarunT
    Froyo Nov 6, 2016

TarunT , Nov 6, 2016 :
    People who are not interested in volte please ignore no need spam the thread and please dont waste our time since by now we know, you are rude with lot of time in your hand.

SO NOW BACK TO TOPIC.

i might be wrong ,it just my opinion

i think Onplus will have to give some kind of royalty or feee to snapdragon to enable volte. thats why ONEPLUS is not enabling it.
    cause its easy for them to enable it .

please let me know if someone knows the real reason why oneplus is not enablimg VOLTE. or u think my reason can be vaild or not.

DONT REPLY WITH HATE ,REPLY WITH LOGIC.

REASON WHY WE NEED VOLTE.

if we dont have volte we CANNOT place or pick calls. network only works on 4g.

we cannot use workaround app cause its not stable.

in emergency we cannot trust on this workaround app.

if wifi is enabled this app wont work.

imagine as soon as ur wifi is enabled you cannot pick calls , i missed lot of imp and one emergency call because of this

this app eats data and battery .

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

2. deepankarverma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2016

deepankarverma , Nov 6, 2016 :
    Lets me share my experience i also compare two similar products which is one plus and xoami ,
    On software front oxygen os cannot even close of miui. I know know people gona bash of how low quality phone are xiaomi make but i think we need a phone which have good hardware and good software not a phone to dive in a pool to which has no vaild reason.

Now miui support native volte and manymuch advanced features like dual app and built in security Antivirus and a lot more.

Now the real answer about software support from oneplus
    I raised this issue from very first year of one plus x but they never put me wrong. They just duck whenever one plus x comes everywhere. How can you justify when a phone you made and now just ingnoring it , i remember @Carl even saying its a future of phone stylish , awesome hardware and all hype and all. Now look at the conditions of one plus x no future supports

Now they are hyping already nought is already in works for one plus 3&2 , but not a single explanation on one plusx future update! ! And even a basic Volte.

Trust me on a software support side oneplus is wrost.

Its make me very sad to see my one plusx dead on its first anniversary.

3. yoursbalag
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2016

yoursbalag , Nov 6, 2016 :
    When I contact one support team for the volte update they said the feature is not applicable due to lack of hardware. They said the Qualcomm 801 chip doesn't support volte feature.

Then we contacted Qualcomm for the better clarification and Qualcomm confirms that the chip does supports volte feature.

We came back to one plus team along with the Qualcomm evidence, after seeing the response from Qualcomm the one plus team said they are working towards volte feature.

This shows how strange one plus support is. I think they are simply convincing the customers.

For an instance if customer doesn't know anything, then one plus team will simply tell the hardware is not capable. If customer knows something about hardware applicability then one plus team convince them with we are working on volte. So stay connected with our social medias for updates.

I think for volte one plus has to pay some charges to Qualcomm and corresponding carriers such as jio in India.

So one plus don't want to invest money on outdated phone .

Hit like if I am right. So that one plus team Will not close this thread.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016

4. r.rohit89
    Nov 6, 2016

5. yoursbalag
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2016

yoursbalag , Nov 6, 2016 :
    Most important thing is you can't make calls when your data pack is over. Only volte will allow you to make calls and jio4g voice app will work only when data is available. This is told by Jio customer care. We must be careful.

6. deepankarverma

deepankarverma , Nov 6, 2016 :

You also missed the battery issue when using third party app for volte, like jio calling. It reduced my backup to only couple of hours and damm device is so hot all the time but @Carl don't care. Maybe they need more mony , right carl for basic support. I now regret that i don't know how to make coding and all.

7. lalit.kultham

lalit.kultham , Nov 6, 2016 :
    Neither the resources nor the hardware stops them from implementing VOLTE. It's just their ignorance and unwillingness.

8. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2016

hahaha2223 , Nov 6, 2016 :
    nice quote, seems well placed in this thread

Maheshbujji and ssbalu like this.
  9. yoursbalag
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2016

yoursbalag , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Yes battery is also one of the concern. Beside this, the Jio app goes offline many times where as volte phone i.e Redmi 3s works good.

Most importantly government of India is insisting mobile companies to have dedicated emergency sos call button in mobiles. But emergency calling using third party app is still questionable...

Considering all these negative impacts one plus can release patch to enable volte.

10. FaleshC
    KitKat Nov 7, 2016

FaleshC , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Well they kinda said they are planning on the Volte for oneplus x but lets just take it as pinch of salt right now.
    also they said to look out for future updates for opx , last time they said this community build came out. lets hope volte comes this time. But imho its better to move to another brand as oneplus is not really considering anything other than OP3 right now. Also its already 1 year it was released.

11. ssbalu
    Donut Nov 8, 2016

ssbalu , Nov 8, 2016 :
    Posts in this thread are with good information to oneplus x user who needs VOLTE support badly.

12. kryshnakishore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2016

kryshnakishore , Nov 8, 2016 :
    May be oneplus 3 is released & 3T is coming. To boost sales they will target/improve latest phone. Its your decision to make before buying. Low cost means we need to understand down sides too before buying

Varun Kandepu likes this.
  13. Akku143
    Eclair Nov 8, 2016

Akku143 , Nov 8, 2016 :
    They r forgetting.... The old phones gave them the achievements.. To come this far.. So called beast most stylish... Just because of this fones they r market competitors... and now theh have forgot the need of this users who r using the beast n most stylish fones now they just focused on more earning with new models no support for 1st valuable customer... Who believed in their shitttt....Lost hOpe in them

14. Helbro

Helbro , Nov 8, 2016 :
    No hate from me but I don't understand the use of it at all... I know it has HD quality and you understand people a lot better on the phone and a call just needs seconds to be received, but what's the deal with it that you all need it so hardly? There is, and will allways bey the normal way to call someone even without VoLTE...

Maybe it's because I live in Germany and we don't use it here or maybe I just don't use it or I use it and didn't even know? I don't know but I don't know either why there is so much need for it...

Is your phone completely useless without it? Can't you make or receive any calls without it? Please tell me! :)

15. volteon
    Community Veteran Nov 8, 2016

volteon , Nov 8, 2016 :
    There is an offer in India (Reliance Jio) where you get free data / VoLTE calls until the end of december. Instead of buying a phone with guaranteed VoLTE support, some guys decided to spam forums with support requests for their device.
    There is a workaround by using a specific app, but they are looking for native support.

1,5 months to go.

16. Helbro

Helbro , Nov 8, 2016 :
    Thank you, but I still don't understand why it's so essential... It's free ok, it's free in Germany too. Almost nobody uses it or cares for it here. Maybe in india it's the only way to call other people? I don't think so? I don't know but if it's that important, they should stop crying and use that App you mentioned and wait for a fix by OnePlus...

Bakul P Narayane and volteon like this.
  17. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2016

Dchrono , Nov 8, 2016 :
    If everyone you know is on a Jio network and your not does that help you to understand? If your not a free call maybe that helps you to understand.

18. jkb114
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2016

jkb114 , Nov 8, 2016 :
    Before anyone says anything. This isn't hate.
    If you planned on using Jio then you should have bought a device that was compatible and not one that isn't. It would be like me buying a phone that doesn't have the required network bands to work on my network and moaning. Do your research before buying the device

19. yoursbalag
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2016

yoursbalag , Nov 8, 2016 :
    You are right. We were also insisting people to go for future proof and future ready mobile rather than buying a phone from a company which doesn't provide updates even though the hardware supports.

It's people's mistake of buying one plus x. I feel regret of buying this mobile. It's just 4 month old hence I can't change my mobile for only to enjoy volte.

20. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2016

Dchrono , Nov 8, 2016 :
    I don't live in India nor do I use Jio, I was merely trying to help the lad to "understand".

Let's not go around in circles here, all these arguments have been made already.