Reason why not to purchase a OP2

1. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

kevinhome , Oct 22, 2015 :
    My story of a shit phone and a very shit and long and drawn out shit service.
    I use the words shit as this is the only word I can use without offending others, as there are so many other words that I wish to use but will not. Why? Because the other words are vey offensive.

My story so far.
    For many many months approximately 18 months the date I first wanted to purchase the OP1, but like some many others, I just couldn’t receive an invite. But this all changed when I started to follow the news of the OP2. Great a new model and my luck changed.
    On the 10th of September I received my invite and without hesitation I purchased within hours the OP2 plus extras.

One the 16/09/2015 I received my very own OP2 in its very nice red box. I can only describe it was like Christmas had come early. That was 33 days ago!!!! Out of the 33 day I have had the phone 32 of them have been ...wait for it...total upset, disappointment, frustration, time wasting, anger, waste of money and did I say anger! Yes anger anger anger.

In the box when you receive the phone are 4 items! 1x phone, 1x power adaptor, 1x cable and 1x booklet. Forget the booklet. Out of the remaining 3 items 2 of them have failed. “ tickets raised starting on day 2. The phone doesn’t work correctly and the cable stopped working.
    Bad luck you may say, 32 days out of 33 and still the issues go on.

The Cable
    Poor service doesn’t even describe what has gone on. It took over 2 weeks and 14 messages back and forth to resolve the faulty cable that was supplied with the phone. Plus photos being requested plus video too of the cable. PLUS I had to purchase my own type-c cable from another supplier until the cable issue was sorted.

The Phone
    Issues started day 1 with Google stock apps shipped with the phone not responding correctly or NOT working. Faults raised on day 2 - 17th September. Since then there has been 42 message/emails sent and received. Photo sent of screen shots, videos sent plus 5 hours of a remote session with tech support changing adding patches to the phone, flashing of the ROM and installing the NEW Oxygen 2.2.0.2 software. BY THE WAY if anyone wants a copy of the NEW Oxygen 2.2.0.2 give me a shout and I’ll send you a copy!

I have spent many hours of personal time writing emails providing feedback on request and answering questions when asked. In fact some questions have been asked 2 or 3 time,... why? It’s because the many different tech support guys don’t bother reading what was updated in the notes and waste even more time asking the same questions over again.

My phone calls are now recorded with many hours of conversation with tech guys, supervisors and manages all providing a poor service. And yes manages too. Today I should have received a planned phone call from a manager telling me what that plan to do next. The call was arranged 2 days ago for 6:30 GMT for today. That time came and went and almost 2 hours later I’m having to call them and see why I didn’t receive the call. What was I told by the manager ?? I FORGOT I’VE BEEN ON HOLIDAY.

There you have it SHIT PHONE AND SHIT SERVICE.

And yes the phone STILL isn’t sorted. I will be making a YouTube video tomorrow talking about the OP SHIT company and OP2 SHIT Phone and OP SHIT service.

By the way I’ve asked for my FULL money back (refund) including the money I spent on accessories of which STILL haven’t been opened or used.

I’m sure the phone works great for many and it looks a nice phone too, But only if you get one that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. pettigrew
    Donut Oct 22, 2015

pettigrew , Oct 22, 2015 :
    I'm so sorry you are having a bad experience. I gave had my oneplus one since the beginning and have never had one problem. I hope it all gets worked out for you.

Ashwith and kevinhome like this.
  3. lucifercipher
    Froyo Oct 22, 2015

lucifercipher , Oct 22, 2015 :
    That is some real scary stuff. I bought one few days ago and have problems with it too but I am hoping the continued official updates will fix things up.

Ashwith and kevinhome like this.
  4. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

That's what I started with funny that. 32 of 33 days later and the issues still go on. Best of luck to you, you may need it. By the way if you don't get a ticket in within 15 days you won't get your money back. I was lucky mine was first logged on day 2.

5. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Oct 22, 2015

6. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2015

7. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

I have my friend that was the first thing I did this evening after I put the phone down to OP tech support.

8. rattles
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2015

rattles , Oct 22, 2015 :
    no need for such a long post/ wall of text. here let me sum it up for you:

reasons why not to purchase a OnePlus 2: its made and sold by OnePlus.

jdneilso, KingMike67 and kevinhome like this.
  9. muyfresco
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

muyfresco , Oct 22, 2015 :
    thanks i won´t bay a op2 because several people report problems and very bad support

10. Bankoji
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2015

kevinhome likes this.
  11. firefly5

firefly5 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    So, what you're telling us is that we are still working with the luck of the draw? That just sucks.

kevinhome likes this.
  12. mattybees
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

mattybees , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Just received an invite and claimed it, now I find out that the op2 doesn't support verizon and I still can't get rid of this god awful iphone 5, fml.

13. Martino1plus

kevinhome likes this.
  14. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2015

Baymax , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Well, I am sorry you are having these troubles. My OP2 came and has had no issues since.

Please watch your language though. There are younger folk on here

Fariz24, Ashwith, josefn24 and 2 others like this.
  15. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

I was offered a replacement phone but was told that I had to ship this faulty phone off first and would have to wait approx 3-4 weeks until this phone (old phone) arrived back in China. The and only then would they send a replacement phone out, total time 4-5 weeks without a phone!!!

I was informed that I could SPEED the service you if “ I paid the return cost” What on an new phone that went wrong on day 2!! The speed up would shorten the service by one week, still 3-4 weeks without a phone.

I asked them to send a replacement and pick-up the faulty phone at the same time, this way I’m not without a phone. Their answer was I HAVE TO PAY THE FULL COST OF THE REPLACEMENT NEW PHONE AND WHEN THEY RECEIVE TO OLD PHONE BACK THEY WOULD THEN REFUND ME!! This company is a joke!!

16. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2015

Baymax , Oct 22, 2015 :
    You can return for full refund within 14 days

Ashwith likes this.
  17. Aoccox
    Froyo Oct 22, 2015

Aoccox , Oct 22, 2015 :
    You mad?

I ordered 5 days ago and it's still processing. Even though I ordered express shipping for 25 euro. Such a joke. Your post worries me mate.

nickzzz and kevinhome like this.
  18. abhishek.sharma
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2015

19. nexus123
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2015

nexus123 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    I can understand what you mean by offensive words. While I don't find the word shit offensive there are other people who may. Some words in a certain context also seem wrong.
    For example the word projectile is fine for some things. Projectile vomiting is offensive.
    The word erection is a fine for a tower crane, but can be awkward for other situations.
    The word Anal is fine when used with retentive, it desrcribes a person who obsession on small details becomes an annoyance. Anal leaking is probably going to offended the majority of people.
    But that's just my opinion . :cool:

alammoh5, ManiBaker, Ashwith and 7 others like this.
  20. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

All my kids are iPhone users but me I love Android. My old phone was Nexus and before that HTC. Its looking like back to Nexus. Funny thing happened on day 3 when the problems started with the OP2. I’m a contractor for Google and I spoke the tech guys here in the UK, as I’m lucky enough to have a direct dial number. I asked them what they thought the issue could be as it started with stock messenger. Guess what their first reply was? Shouldn’t have wasted my money with OP! They also said Oxygen OS is not stable and they know of all sorts of issues. I took it at that time with a pinch of salt and took no notice as it was only day 3. Only if I had taken note.