Reason why not to purchase a OP2

1. Spliffman
    KitKat Oct 22, 2015

Spliffman , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Only 2 words come to mind "oh shit"

Ashwith, Ceasedd, nyzproof333 and 2 others like this.
  2. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

kevinhome , Oct 22, 2015 :
    These that SHIT word again lol

3. benluca
    KitKat Oct 22, 2015

benluca , Oct 22, 2015 :
    You'll never get your money back on this. You've already seen what it takes to get a three-dollar cable resolved, and you already know what (and who) you're dealing with. Let's face it, One Plus is the world's worst company when it comes to Customer Service, Support, Logistics and trust-worthiness.

I've been one of the lucky ones (several One Plus Ones, two One Plus 2 devices), everything routine, but I realize there are hundreds (thousands?) of well-documented cases like yours. You can't trust these guys, and my belief is that you'll never see another dime.

Therefore, its in your best interest to find a way (some way) to get this corrected and make it work. Try to get at least a year out of it before you dump it. I'm rooting for, good luck.

4. Riseup13
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2015

Riseup13 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Should have stuck with the OPO if you were going to give this company money (still a decent phone). OP shit the bed with the OP2 and didn't learn from their mistakes with the OPO. They seem perfectly content to roll around in the mess they made while people with commonsense jump ship. Welcome to the massive group of defectors that have given up on this company, hello Nexus 6P, Moto X Pure, Nextbit, ZTE, etc...

Tedge and jdneilso like this.
  5. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 23, 2015

Baymax , Oct 23, 2015 :
    the OP2 is fine. What are you talking about. If anybody made any sort of mistakes, it was not OnePlus. I have also taken the liberty of crossing iff those which are failures yet the world doesn't know yet. I am a tech researcher, just so you know. I will explain why those are failures by the first of the year 2016

Ashwith likes this.
  6. GIESY
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2015

GIESY , Oct 23, 2015 :
    well i ordered my first oneplus one a while back and couldn't make it in time to pick it up once it came to the post office due to me being on vacation. so i never got the phone so i contacted them via email and they told me id receive my money back, i was thrilled. except its been over a year and i have no oneplus one or my money back!!! THERE GOES MY HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. jgarcia1237
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

jgarcia1237 , Oct 23, 2015 :

Yeah , thats what I fear most .....is having an issue that i cannot find the answer to on the forums and then have to go thru Oneplus to resolve. With my One I had issues but was able to resolve thru forums.

8. so_um
    Donut Oct 23, 2015

so_um , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Well, after reading this, and yes "oh sh**", first i just hope you can get it solved, and second i'm just praying the one i bought two days ago (yes, i heard wonders about this phone, so as soon as i got the invite i just bought it, without researching comoon or known problems) is one of those that will just work smoothly, because i'm getting tired of faulty phones, seems that nowadays the majority of them are just made to give up head pains...

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2015

MaxLikesTurtles , Oct 23, 2015 :
    People who find the word "shit" offensive shouldn't be on a forum in the first place.
    Also, lol.

Ashwith and nexus123 like this.
  10. nyzproof333
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

nyzproof333 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Baymax, got nothing but respect for you man but OP admitted they screwed up with the OP2 launch. How can you say mistakes were not made?

11. lutti
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

lutti , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Too long didn't read.
    The only reason anyone should need not to buy a OnePlus Two is that it just isn't as good as OnePlus One. If they were to cost the same i would give the Two a go but with 50% more it's just madness. In a real life it might at best offer 10% more but i have yet to come to a situation where my One didn't do everything i wanted it to and with out any trouble.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Oct 23, 2015

13. Baymax

Baymax , Oct 23, 2015 :
    They screwed up the launch, but does it mean that their future is also screwed up?

Let me put it this way, just because one of your favorite sports teams lost the first game, does that mean they lost the whole season?

In my opinion, no... What are your thoughts here?

nyzproof333 likes this.
  14. nyzproof333
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

I think we both read the comment he made differently. I read the OPO to OP2 mistake and I think you commented on the end of his comment.

Agree, the future is not bleak but its easy to go from 1 million device worldwide to 2,3,4 million and stay at the same level their at from an operations perspective. It's the 4-5 year mark where things on operations side need to get right and they HAVE TO figure this support thing out. I reserving judgment till then.

As of now, they can create the demand (if not too well) so things are good. Presently, they are selling as much as they want to.

Baymax likes this.
  15. Baymax

Baymax , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Yeah, I tend to pick out short parts of comments sometimes. I don't know why I do that.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  16. nyzproof333
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

I think you can see I do as well. We're imperfect. :(

17. p51d007
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

kevinhome and jdneilso like this.
  18. justinb928
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2015

19. Debajyoti Pal
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2015

Debajyoti Pal , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Your experience is really bad. But luckily for me I did not face any such issues. Yes, there are some bad things about the phone, but yours seems just pretty pretty bad....

20. Nicpon
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2015

Nicpon , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Just bouth 1+2 and tonight I installed updates and all good I was thought about this phone all gone. My phone won't turn off or reboot. I can't do nothing. I have seen people on forum finded some resolutions but my english and phones and computer not my think. Had to take out card from 1+2 and put in to my 1+1. Have now idea what to fo now how to fix this