Reason why not to purchase a OP2

1. Toblerone86
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2015

2. Deactivated User
    Oct 23, 2015

3. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 23, 2015

Baymax , Oct 23, 2015 :
    A game doesn't make a season though. A launch is one game. If you look at the OnePlus One by the end of last year, heck... Even the beginning of this year! It was the best phone you could get with the budget price of $350. did it have features some wanted? Of course it did. Was it perfect? The answer here is "What truly is perfect?; nothing is perfect. Does all this mean the OnePlus One was a bad phone? Of course not. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion though. Every phone has its flaws.

tobias14, nyzproof333 and Ashwith like this.
  4. Atom Smasher
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

Atom Smasher , Oct 23, 2015 :
    I would never allow myself to get that upset over a phone purchase. There just is no need. Simply stated, request a refund and purchase a Nexus 6P or even the 5X if funds are tight. Life is too short. It does appear that OnePlus is dropping the ball too often on the customer service end of their business. Hope this all gets sorted out for you in the long run.

5. Deactivated User
    Oct 23, 2015

jdneilso likes this.
  6. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 23, 2015

Baymax , Oct 23, 2015 :
    I have my reasons to say this. In order to confirm my research I need at least til the New Year. One thing about research is it can often be long term and not immediate. The answers one seeks will come in time. Just watch it all unfold. Though the signs are starting to show. The X Pure/Style has been overheating on multiple people, and the customer service is now outsourced to third party since Lenovo took the reins, and also the UI and software has been known to be quite sluggish. Is there a such thing as too vanilla when it comes to Android? That all being said. My statement will stand as asking the question "What really is perfect?"

OnePlus 2 also has multiple flaws.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

nyzproof333 likes this.
  7. Gaudon
    Eclair Oct 23, 2015

Gaudon , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not one that would jump to defend OnePlus support. However, this is pretty standard and how cross-shipping works for a plethora of companies. This isn't unique to OnePlus and many others (Logitech, LG, Google, NCIX, TigerDirect, Newegg, etc) do the same thing.

8. Deactivated User
    Oct 23, 2015

9. baltiets
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2015

baltiets , Oct 23, 2015 :
    In my situation it took 15 days and 4 emails with screen captures and pictures to get approval to ship my phone back for a refund. I did not chat or call them and from the beginning insisted on a full refund. Will see how long it will take to get my money back. I just shipped phone today.

kevinhome likes this.
  10. demongokul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2015

11. lucifercipher
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

lucifercipher , Oct 23, 2015 :
    There is no support at all.

12. joesweeney413
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2015

joesweeney413 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    You need a hug? Never had a single issue with my One or Two

kevinhome likes this.
  13. lucifercipher
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

lucifercipher , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Same here. Wanted to give OnePlus a change and so far its pretty bad experience but its just me that i will wait for another update or two to fix the issues. If not, i will literally break this device and send it to OnePlus with a note to shove it up their a** .

14. firefly5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2015

firefly5 , Oct 26, 2015 :
    A product launch is obviously important for a company and OP should be taking them quite seriously. Even with two strikes against them, I do hope that they'll be around for another try. Unfortunately, some people never learn.

Nothing is perfect but a company should at least try to meet their customers half way. It's not acceptable to wait over a month to get your essentially brand new defective phone replaced.

15. gauravasurfriend
    Donut Oct 26, 2015

16. NRG
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2015

NRG , Oct 26, 2015 :
    Poor customer service seems to be the case with just about everyone. OnePlus is only good at marketing products, not at taking care of customers after they get your money. I have filed a complaint with PayPal. I am submitting a complaint with the Better Business Bureau here in the US. I am about to file a civil lawsuit here in California for breach of contract, since OnePlus decided to ignore my requests for a refund. The phone I returned was delivered to the warehouse over a week ago. Since then they do not respond to my messages. So now they can send an attorney to answer questions to a judge!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015

Deactivated User likes this.
  17. Kartik Kashyap
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2015

Kartik Kashyap , Oct 26, 2015 :
    Wow man! What a great post. I don't have any of issues you mentioned. It's my 30th day with the phone and it runs just fine like my first day. I'm happy with my OPT. Yes, the oxygen OS is not perfect without few bugs but I hope and believe them to be wiped out in future OTA update. Your device may be faulty. Bad luck mate! Cheers!

kevinhome likes this.
  18. Matrixiux
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2015

19. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2015

kevinhome , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Great news!! OnePlus after another 9 days of stalling and wasting more of my time have taken my OP2 phone back only after PayPal made them do so! GOOD OLD PAYPAL.

That's right PayPal had a copy of all the tickets raised and of which provided them with information on how bad I mean, "CRAPE" the OP2 phone has been plus there service.

PayPal have arranged for a FULL refund with postage as of today. And to top that off, I have just purchased the New Nexus 6P 64GB.

As Promised here is the OP2 update 2.0.2 zip file which is just over 1.1Gb in size. Please note this came from OnePlus to me as they wanted to see if they could fix the many issues my phone had, with updating the phone. This is their file not mine and I take no responsibility.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-VcWK2SbfVSVVZVOEFaWHVpQkE/view?usp=sharing

Good luck to all that continue to purchase from OnePlus. If you have issues with your phone please "NOTE". YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR PROBLEM(S) THROUGH A TICKET WITHIN THE FIRST 15 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE PHONE, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE KNOW LUCK IS EVER GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK.

20. kevinhome
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2015

kevinhome , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Great news!! OnePlus after another 9 days of stalling and wasting more of my time have taken my OP2 phone back only after PayPal made them do so! GOOD OLD PAYPAL.

That's right PayPal had a copy of all the tickets raised and of which provided them with information on how bad I mean, "CRAPE" the OP2 phone has been plus there service.

PayPal have arranged for a FULL refund with postage as of today. And to top that off, I have just purchased the New Nexus 6P 64GB.

As Promised here is the OP2 update 2.0.2 zip file which is just over 1.1Gb in size. Please note this came from OnePlus to me as they wanted to see if they could fix the many issues my phone had, with updating the phone. This is their file not mine and I take no responsibility.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-VcWK2SbfVSVVZVOEFaWHVpQkE/view?usp=sharing

Good luck to all that continue to purchase from OnePlus. If you have issues with your phone please "NOTE". YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR PROBLEM(S) THROUGH A TICKET WITHIN THE FIRST 15 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE PHONE, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE KNOW LUCK IS EVER GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK.