35.8%
  10. Others (please specify)

65 vote(s)
    24.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. saulenriquejr
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

saulenriquejr , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I hate the rythm of the updates from samsung they sell those phones with high prices but months later all you get is a mediocre kitkat update.

2. Chris Haidze
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

Chris Haidze , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I voted "Other" for the same reasons above.

3. Parsa A
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

Parsa A , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I'm OCD when it comes to hickups because when it happens, I assume it's just me and that technology is working against me lol.

4. jram920
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

5. iLovePC
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

6. starfury
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2014

starfury , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I think you already have your answer then ... and at this point you are just looking for someone to tell you that you're right. It sounds like a device without SD expansion is just not an option for your lifestyle. For the SD slot you could choose from many options ... Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, LG G3, Oppo Find 7/7a, or that Galaxy S5 you already have your eye on. All are great phones with specific strengths. Of those, my choice was the Z2 - but I decided I can live with a fixed 64GB and am waiting for the 1+1 as long as my patience will allow.

As for the TV show addiction I can definitely feel ya there, but I just stream from couchtuner.ch over chrome with adblock so don't need the storage there. It's my music library that fills mine, and I'd like enough room to carry a few movies.

Parsa A likes this.
  7. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jun 7, 2014

Dexter Morgan , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Wow. What are you going to do with the looks of the M8? Jack off to it? I'd pick the S5 over the M8 any day due to the much better camera and I actually prefer the S5's design. The white one looks nice, but it's just my opinion.

8. harryisme
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

harryisme , Jun 7, 2014 :
    My issue is the lack of stereo speakers, my brother got the M8 today and those front facing speakers really are as impressing as reviewers make them out to me, I don't really mind the Touchwiz, i'm less impressed with the speed of the OS updates, they are too freaking slow, my S3 i9300 only just got 4.3 in March. months after other manufacturers were getting 4.4 prepped for their devices.

9. neoand12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2014

10. nerraw
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

11. zimmerphrame
    Eclair Jun 7, 2014

zimmerphrame , Jun 7, 2014 :
    dunno 'bout the s5, but touchwiz makes the s3 chug.... Samsung app store wanting to log-in every 5 minutes-I don't use it for pete sake!! Shitty update schedule...will you or won't you get the next update?.... The nexus 5 has 32Gb of storage and is cheaper....surely that should now be the normal minimum amount of storage on a device nowadays...

12. DavidBoyee
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

DavidBoyee , Jun 7, 2014 :
    A good reason to not buy an S5?
    -> Because its not a OnePlus One lol

Also too much Samsung spamware on there which can be pretty annoying. I'd rather a clean OS that runs smooth.

13. Kumbaya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2014

Kumbaya , Jun 7, 2014 :
    The simple answer is that you really don't want that phone from samsung. Hence the never settle tagline...

Parsa A likes this.
  14. bacchus258
    Eclair Jun 7, 2014

bacchus258 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I have personally been waiting to buy the S5 when I stumbled upon the One. I love Samsung's products. I have the 32GB S3 now and have been very happy with it for almost two years. I like TouchWiz, not the launcher, but the rest of it that is baked into the OS. With that all being said I can upgrade to the S5 now through Sprint or wait for my contract to end September 30 and take a chance with a startup. I am happy to wait until September 30 to be off contract, buy the One and switch to T-Mobile.

This phone is worth the wait for me since my S3 is still working perfectly and I am running CM11 nightlies.

15. L8rcien
    Froyo Jun 7, 2014

L8rcien , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Reason NOT to buy ANY Samsung phone: Touchwiz.
    Reason NOT to buy S5: UGLY AND Touchwiz.

16. cbondcarolina
    Froyo Jun 7, 2014

cbondcarolina , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I believe you're in the minority with that opinion (within the tech community at least), but to each his own. Hey, I thought X-Men: Last Stand was better than all of them, and nobody can tell me differently. ;-)

Dexter Morgan likes this.
  17. screamao
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

18. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jun 7, 2014

Dexter Morgan , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I also think the Last Stand is pretty much the best one out of that trilogy lol, but I haven't seen them in a while so my perception of them might change if I re-watch them. On Topic: The Galaxy S5 hardware and design is nice, but If I were to get one I'd slap a Cyanogenmod ROM on it.

19. aaronchan95
    Eclair Jun 7, 2014

aaronchan95 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Touchwiz sucks, I prefer my stock android :) also it's not a big step up from it's predecessor which was very disappointing for me :/

Parsa A likes this.
  20. angry.gorilla
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

angry.gorilla , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Think of the bloatware, man. Yeah, you can root and get rid of it, but why not go with the cheaper, soon available, CM11S preloaded, almost fully customizable, basically bloatware-free OPO?

OPO is the phone, dude. Remember that.

Parsa A likes this.