Reasons to stay on Oxygen OS

1. G_karan_sikri_LfZN
    Eclair Jul 2, 2017

G_karan_sikri_LfZN , Jul 2, 2017 :
    I have gone to RR (the unified build which was better) and have missed Oxygen and have come back...

- THE CAMERA app sucks on almost every other custom ROM and the only way to get fast pictures is if you use the manual mode else the app is pretty horrid. (All the camera apps in fact, I tried them all)
    Now it's buttery smooth and quick, just as it was on the first day.

- EIS for OP3 something we never had but got thanks to the OP3T.. Also the extended screenshot is available on Oxygen.

- Smooth performance JUST like the day I bought it, the phone is surprising me and snappy, I love it more now. (Even overclocking it didn't feel this good)

- Regular updates and bug fixes

- Dark mode (Substratum makes phone seem laggy and often isn't this good)

- Fingerprint scanner speed is the BEST on Oxygen OS, unlocks quick and screen comes on instantly unlike the lag in custom roms.

Why I miss Custom ROMS

- CUSTOMIZATION (Notification bar, status bar, fonts, DPI, overclocking, underclocking)
    - Old Android & Oxygen features (status bar ticker, double press power for camera, sound & notification volumes unlinking)
    - Better battery life by at least an hour

But trust me I had to actually think about why I miss Custom ROMS. I [e]2764[/e]️ Oxygen OS
    (I tried LOS, RR and Freedom OS with 5 different kernels)

2. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 2, 2017

stephenboyo , Jul 2, 2017 :
    Oxygen OS is about the best thing OP has going for it at present. I've really not seen any reason to flash ROMs and the OP launcher is excellent. I agree that the cameras on the custom ROMs are pathetic. There is a Snapdragon OP3 camera port that is actually very good and even better than the native OP camera. It's on the xda site and I've installed alongside my OP camera. Works great.

kevonn95 and G_karan_sikri_LfZN like this.
  3. G_karan_sikri_LfZN
    Eclair Jul 2, 2017

G_karan_sikri_LfZN , Jul 2, 2017 :
    Definitely... But for some reason the SD cam that I ported then refused to work... Few others had the issue I just gave up

Frankly, Custom ROMS are maybe a thing to try to spice up your phone's life... Nothing else. It's almost like traveling to a different country and comparing the two.

How could I Forget the OP launcher... SHELF! It rocks.

4. OmJo93
    Eclair Jul 2, 2017

OmJo93 , Jul 2, 2017 :
    I switched back to stock from FreedomOS a few days ago. Haven't noticed any performance difference from FreedomOS and OxygenOS. Only reason I switched back was because I didn't really take advantage of having root, and learned to live with Google's "bloatware" which I got rid of when I had FreedomOS.

G_karan_sikri_LfZN likes this.
  5. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2017

6. G_karan_sikri_LfZN
    Eclair Jul 3, 2017

G_karan_sikri_LfZN , Jul 3, 2017 :
    OOh.... Another new feature or did I just miss it?

7. Deactivated User
    Jul 3, 2017

8. ssaikiran92
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

ssaikiran92 , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Same with me!! nothing is satisfying as OOS... tried many custom ROMs but keep coming back to OOS

9. mayank4823
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2017

mayank4823 , Jul 3, 2017 :
    No matter how many ROMs I try, I come back on OOS because of its stability, Camera and most importantly Battery.

10. fanindhraan allampally
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

11. kr_harsha
    Eclair Jul 3, 2017

12. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 3, 2017

stephenboyo , Jul 3, 2017 :
    You have to enable the camera to work by going into Apps in settings and giving the Snapdragon Camera Permission to work. Otherwise it won'topen up after installation. Try that and it should work.

13. simsekhasan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

14. RKBD
    Eclair Jul 3, 2017

RKBD , Jul 3, 2017 :
    you really tried only this buggy and ugly rom?
    try Paranoid Android

15. adpro
    KitKat Jul 3, 2017

adpro , Jul 3, 2017 :
    You should try Phoenix AEX Rom. The best custom rom at the moment.
    Has inbuilt OOS Camera. You can flash Snapdragon camera as well. Battery life is also great.

16. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2017

Fursan Afzal , Jul 3, 2017 :
    it's been here already.

17. G_Mohamad_Noor_FlMN
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

G_Mohamad_Noor_FlMN , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I also still didnt find any reason to flash a custom rom over oos , maybe i will when one plus stop supporting the device

18. G_雷晓锋_pYSq
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

19. Yashgupta741
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

20. xkiddoh
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

xkiddoh , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I will flash a rom only if OnePlus stops giving us 3/3T users updates. If they dont deliver android O as promised..thats going to be very disappointing..again.