Reboot

1. somuchmesh
    Donut Nov 11, 2018

somuchmesh , Nov 11, 2018 :
    Adding to your last two comments, I would like to say you are totally correct. I think we have to go to their customer support center for this issue to be fixed. But do you think they will be able to fix the issue. I am scheduling my visit to the customer support centre on 20th Nov, 2018. If anybody happens to visit before me please let me know if they were able to fix the issue.

snke likes this.
  2. joemonk
    Donut Nov 12, 2018

joemonk , Nov 12, 2018 :
    I hope someone finds a solution, so far all I've heard from support here it's "we've urged our engineers to fix it"

3. snke
    Froyo Nov 16, 2018

snke , Nov 16, 2018 :
    1 day after flashed back the rom 9.0.2 using msmtool with oneplus technical support, the problem still here. So this is officially a rom's bug, tomorrow i will send a log to support to help them and hoping to release a fix asap

Rapross and somuchmesh like this.
  4. joemonk
    Donut Nov 16, 2018

snke likes this.
  5. gianvi97
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2018

gianvi97 , Nov 17, 2018 :
    Same here, it's a soft reboot of system's UI

dubazar and snke like this.
  6. snke
    Froyo Nov 17, 2018

snke , Nov 17, 2018 :
    if you can, send a log to them of the oneplus support

7. Trueffel
    Eclair Nov 17, 2018

Trueffel , Nov 17, 2018 :
    oh thank god it isnt just me.
    but most times my Phone shuts down and doesnt reboot. it happend now 4 times in the past 2 weeks.
    Everytime it was in my pocket and not on the desk. so I tought "hmm maybe you just pressed the powerbutton"
    I already cleared cache

8. snke
    Froyo Nov 17, 2018

snke , Nov 17, 2018 :
    It always happens at the same time? if yes, it's night mode like all of us

9. Trueffel
    Eclair Nov 17, 2018

Trueffel , Nov 17, 2018 :

snke

It always happens at the same time? if yes, it's night mode like all of us​

hmmmm yea, close to lunch break.

this bluelight filtering nighmode? oh.. I somehow missed that.

thanks

10. snke
    Froyo Nov 17, 2018

snke , Nov 17, 2018 :
    yeah night mode with automatic option on, set at scheduled time does not happen

11. Rapross
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

Rapross , Nov 22, 2018 :
    Same issue! Seems to be related to automatic night mode (or the fingerprint sensor), as the reboot of the UI seems to happen whenever I try to unlock the phone for the first time after night mode has activated itself.

12. Trueffel
    Eclair Nov 22, 2018

Trueffel , Nov 22, 2018 :
    I disabled the Option
    So far my phone did not shutdown again.

thank you.
    maybe it is fixed in the next Update.

snke likes this.
  13. joemonk
    Donut Nov 22, 2018

14. joemonk
    Donut Nov 24, 2018

joemonk , Nov 24, 2018 :
    I'm done, I bought this phone at the end of June and was quite happy with it. Then 2 months ago OnePlus has broken it. It is completely useless. I pick up phone... oh, it's off (great when you're waiting on a call). Turn back on, it freezes halfway through and reboots. Get the unlock screen, nope it's frozen again and reboots. Finally get it open, freezes at least 3 more times before I can actually open something on it and it tends to freeze/reboot a few more times. Everytime I try to use the phone I have to go through 10-20 freeze/reboot cycles before it stays stable enough to actually use.

I've contacted support multiple times, they asked for logs and I provided them... then nothing, they just keep saying "engineers are working on it". They've released other updates since then, but apparently this phone breaking bug just isn't important enough to get fixed in a reasonable period of time.

I was originally planning on getting another 6 or 6T for my wife, but now I have to spend that money to buy myself a phone that actually works. I'm so glad I spent over 600 USD on a new phone that I got to use for 4 months before the developed remotely bricked it for me and then offered nothing but "we're working on it" as a response for 2 months.

15. jorgenunov
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

jorgenunov , Nov 29, 2018 :
    I have the same problem, I just got my new One Plus 6T and it just frezes on where I am and then reboots by it self. I've sent a ticket to support 1 day ago (my 6T have 2 days) and I didn't got any answer. If this precist and planning to give it back to OnePlus, really disappointed...

16. snke
    Froyo Nov 29, 2018

snke , Nov 29, 2018 :
    set a scheduled time for night mode and you are done. I send a video also about this problem yesterday to technicians. I hope that solve definitely this problem...it's very strange they haven't notice the bug through the log I have sent them

17. jorgenunov
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

jorgenunov , Nov 29, 2018 :
    The thing is that I don't have automatic night mode active, but I'll set and see if it changes. They should improve this listing users thing.

18. Shrayrai99
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

Shrayrai99 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    hi! ..i use a one plus 6 unlocked . recently i saw this bug/glitch/problem that when i switched of my phone (battery at 10%) and put it in charge . what it did was it showed the OP logo and then the bootloader unlocked warning as it usually does and then it was stuck on that screen .
    NORMALLY THE SCREEN TURNS OFF AND WHEN U PRESS THE POWER BUTTON IT SHOWS U THE CHARGING ANIMATION AND PERCENTAGE CHARGED .
    IT DID NOT EVEN SHOW THE LED NOTIFICATION OF THE PHONE BEING CHARGED
    AND SURPRISINGLY THE PHONE WAS STILL CHARGING
    can anybody please tell me why this is happening .
    THANKS IN ADVANCE[e]270c[/e]
    ALSO I COULDN'T FIND A THREAD TO POST SO I M POSTING IT HERE [e]270c[/e] ..PLEASE HELP

19. mojoyoyo77
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2018

mojoyoyo77 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Please report here so that the problem can be studied, or https://www.oneplus.com/support

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018

Artemus. likes this.
  20. Q1516104781246
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

Q1516104781246 , Dec 10, 2018 :
    Hello friends! do not waste your time - nothing will help! I went all this way with my 5T ... This is a hardware problem! Not software! Send the device for repair!