[Recap] 21-Day Zen Transformation Challenge: Achieve your Goal of 2020 with Zen Mode

1. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 31, 2019

ShigBammy and G_plusone like this.
  2. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Dec 31, 2019

the_o2 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Congratulations Man,
    When I checked this thread only 5-6 winners name was there, I might come here earlier ;)
    Ending a year with a win damn you :cool::cool:

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 31, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Many many thanks! :D

Yeah, it was such a nice surprise getting @luigimario tag - I thought he was joking :rolleyes: but then I saw the name. It's a pretty cool and warm feeling and a pretty cool prize too.

Mr. OnePlus made me a very happy Cheeto today, hah! :p

4. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 31, 2019

luigimario , Dec 31, 2019 :
    It kept messing up for me when I first started, then I figured out a trick to get it to register. I found if I checked my phone right after the 20 minutes finished it would register, but if I waited for morning it would say I failed. When I tried to start round 2 of another 21 days it didn't give me the notification at bedtime to start.

ShigBammy, jlasensiofi and superplus like this.
  5. G_Hakoo_Bouama
    Donut Dec 31, 2019

G_Hakoo_Bouama , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Hello
    I've send you an email proposing an idea about the front camera. And you've directed me to this forum. So where should i write my suggestion?
    Thank you

6. bhaumikbheda , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Thank you so much for this Transformation Challenge and selecting me as a winner!

2020 is a very important year for me! I plan on using Zen Mode more than I use my phone so that I can concentrate on completing my Master's Thesis and job application! This being in addition to the basic usage while meals and before sleep. I hope everyone has a great year ahead and achieves a lot more!

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 31, 2019

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020

8. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    As 2019 comes to an end, I wish to tell few things about Zen Mode..
    1577812263019.jpg
    Attached Statistics are from the day after i have moved from the beta to see how the Stable OTA of Android Q is working and around after 4-5 days after the 21 day challenge has started.. In the mean while, i have become a beta tester of the application as well..

With respect to the challenge, i have successfully completed 3 times and looking forward for more challenges..

With respect to the application, i have seen many complaints saying they did put the phone in zen mode and slept but after wake up they found that the challenge failed.. Similarly there were other complaints as well.. For first, system displayed 1th instead of 1st and so on.. And yeah, even i have also raised complaints for the betterment of the application.. From the feedback perspective, i wish to see the history of the application stored may be in the cloud or OnePlus account, if it happened, the stats in the shared screenshot would have been much better..

Now coming to the most important topic, the impact of Zen Mode.. I know that this exists since OP6 release but never used it.. but on purchase of OP7 on 6th of June 2019, fortunately or unfortunately i attempted to check it.. With the lowest possible time of 20 minutes, i have checked the new smartphone more than 20 times to see if that 20 minutes is completed along with checking out the design of the package and several other things because the mobile was not available to check out the features.. May be few things i never really concentrated on were in my mind during that period of 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes, i started checking the new features of the mobile but quickly realised that Zen Mode made me think of lot of things.. Being a new mobile, though i never want to keep it away from me, Zen mode really made me keep the mobile away from me for the second time in the day and this time for 30 minutes.. I really felt at that moment that if an application can keep you away from your new smartphone how successful the application can be.. But the second time, i did check the phone only 4-5 times in that span while doing something else.. This time, i have spent my 30 minutes on planning what all better things i can do by keeping the mobile away..
    Since then, till today, on an average, i keep the mobile in zen mode for at least 3 hrs a day except on weekends.. The very fact that i spend time with friends on weekends let me mostly forget my mobile on weekends due to which i might not put it in zen mode during weekends.. Now-a-days, all i do is simply put the mobile in zen mode before the meeting or to ensure i sleep on time or for not using the mobile continuously for long time.. It really has changed the way i use my mobile.. Earlier also since 2015, i was indeed using similar feature for maximum time, alert slider.. Though zen mode needs more effort than using alert slider, i have really found usage of zen mode is much more useful and helpful than alert slider.. Because it will still give access to all the important incoming calls.. It has really changed the lifestyle of me.. I indeed eat mostly on time so that i can put the mobile in zen mode and sleep on specific timing.. Even in office, i can purely concentrate on work until the mobile rings.. which means an incoming call or to inform me that Zen mode is over, take a break for 2 min, drink water, check all your notifications and continue to work..

Thanks to the entire team working on Zen Mode for designing such an incredible feature..

ShigBammy and The Mastermind like this.
  9. manojsurya99

ShigBammy, G_plusone and Cheetosdust like this.
  10. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    To be honest, I don't have any specific goals for 2020 except in the work front.. But had i had any, I'm sure Zen Mode will be useful in moulding oneself in achieving that goal..

I have seen few people using this application for fake purpose by keeping mobile in zen mode and using laptop for the time being.. People of that sort might win challenges but for the truest users, who are using the application because of its features, will definitely benefit from the application..

By the way, wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2020..

11. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 31, 2019

12. nirajbhusal
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2020

13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 1, 2020

G_plusone , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Indeed what would Carl do without you :p
    The Zen mode pin prizes are a nice touch :)

ShigBammy and Cheetosdust like this.
  14. A1546274680283
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

ShigBammy likes this.
  15. Tymcio
    Froyo Jan 1, 2020

Tymcio , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Congratulstions to winners. I passed challenge as well and now it's my daily routine to turn on zen mode at 20.00, bath my little son (5 months) and put him to bed with reading or singing lullabies. After that it's my time to take shower and prepare everything for next day - food for work, clothes, etc.

Zen Mode is really good app to change habits [e]1f609[/e]

16. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jan 1, 2020

17. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jan 1, 2020

luxuskamel , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Do you guys have another zen challenge up? Could be a great new years resolution.

How about keeping the phone usage under 30min at a time

ShigBammy, jlasensiofi and superplus like this.
  18. S@rvath
    Froyo Jan 1, 2020

S@rvath , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I'm looking forward to use Zen mode consistently to keep focused on my goals in real time and get to sleep on time which helps me to be healthy - creating an efficient lifestyle for 2020. Thank you OnePlus team for including this and a big shout from my end to all - wish you all an amazing 2020,!! may all your Goals be fulfilled.

Cheers,
    Sarvath

ShigBammy likes this.
  19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 1, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Many thanks, my dear camel :p

Maybe there are going to be more challenges during 2020 and you can try them. I hope there are - to celebrate special days, etc, with brand new motivation and medals. :D

20. Kukkaser
    Eclair Jan 1, 2020

Kukkaser , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Congratulations for all the winners! Never would I have guessed that I could succeed in the 21 day challenge, even less that I could actually be one of the lucky winners!

Happy New Year to the whole Oneplus community!

ShigBammy likes this.