Recap - My experience with the OnePlus 8 Pro LAB

1. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Writers' Club Dec 8, 2020

yashonagori , Dec 8, 2020 :
    THE LAB.jpg

About 2 years ago, I was just another kid from Mumbai starting college, a tech geek who spent every minute of his free time looking up tech reviews from his favorite YouTubers ranging from MKBHD to his best friend @Samyak1008 ’s tech channel, aspiring to start his very own channel someday.

While in the gym one evening, loaded with the worry of the most difficult exam I’d ever given coming up in a month and a half, I randomly checked my email Inbox probably after 15 days, and one very specific email stood out.

“Congratulations, you’ve been selected for the Lab for OnePlus 7 series.” I was confused. I had forgotten putting in my entry for the lab, never in my wildest dreams had I imagined being even considered for the Lab, let alone be selected among the finalists. When I realized what had happened, I couldn’t hold in my joy. I promptly called my best friend and screamed; we both were shook. For the longest time, I thought I was being scammed since the email was literally composed in 2 lines and mentioned me just as “Nagori” (which is my surname!) I was not one but many steps closer to my dream.

In a totality of the 7,514 days that I’ve existed, I remember this one very vividly. One of my wildest and craziest dream had just come true. And that’s what the Lab is all about. The program gives the people of the community a chance to not only experience upcoming tech before the entire world, but also takes you on a journey with strangers and friends from around the globe which is unparallel and unmatched from any experience in the world. I am forever grateful towards OnePlus for letting me and several others have a glimpse of their dreams with each generation of OnePlus devices.

And to get to experience that with not one but two groups of amazing tech enthusiasts from around the globe is just inexpressible in words. This year, with the LAB for the OnePlus 8 Pro, I got the opportunity again to be a mainstream reviewer for a few days and yet again, it became one of the best experiences of my life. The anticipation for getting the product the same as the first time, since I had reassurance this time, but the people I met through this event are such beautiful and brilliant humans. There was a high chance I wouldn't have come across them if it weren't for the LAB. Sure, there were a few hiccups and road bumps, but in the end, working towards being better is what matters.

Over the years, I’ve made many friends on this forum, either through the Lab or the Writers Club, which I’m so grateful for, and none of that would have been possible without this brand that made the effort to improve the lives of its users worldwide.

OnePlus completes its 7th round around the sun soon, and I wish all of us many congratulations, especially to the staff, who work day in and out to keep this ship sailing, keeping this community alive and bringing out the best creators in all of us. I wish you all have a journey as memorable as mine, and get to experience OnePlus in its true essence.

2. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Dec 8, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Do you want some RP for the User Festival? Then join now! Share your thoughts about The LAB and win raffle points to exchange for prizes on December 23.
    • When this thread reaches 500 replies, each user receives 20RP.
    • If we reach 1000 replies, each user will instead get 50RP.
    • If the thread reaches 1217 comments, a random post will get a bonus 500 RP.
    • Each user can post 20 times at most.
    • Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
    And you have another option to win an extra 20 RP! @Leo X. wants your input in this survey. By filling it out, you get more RP to use to redeem prizes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2020

3. Leo X.
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2020

Stickied Post
    Leo X. , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,
    According to the product manager's request, the survey will end now, no further response will be taken.
    Thanks for your support, we will continually improve our product base on your feedback! The users who have finished the survey will receive 20RP.

4. SRD.
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Ohhhh first One !
    The Lab - The name itself is so so big for the community.
    An oppertunity for tech enthusiasts to put their hands on the very new device ( The first few to have their hands on the device and review the way they want to experiment)
    Most users buy their devices after watching some reviews of the device they want to purchase.
    The lab is a raw lab which is totally pure and not fabricated. ( No body pays anyone for a review)
    The experience which is shared is totally of the person who had experimented in his/her own way.
    I wish the lab 'll continue to be one of the most prominent part of OnePlus Community.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020

5. McJader
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Writers' Club Dec 8, 2020

McJader , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Great recap!!!!
    You must possess tremendous skill to get selected twice!
    Looking forward to the future LABs!

6. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Dec 8, 2020

ParamK. , Dec 8, 2020 :
    The OnePlus has truly allowed so many of us to experience new friendships, explore new things. Like your Journey has been Memorable, so has been mine and possibly of many others.

Hope it continues for the People new to the Community and OnePlus too.

7. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Dec 8, 2020

camohan , Dec 8, 2020 :
    My thoughts on Lab program - the only contest that I eagerly wait for and put in my 1000% to try to win it. Not for the sake of getting a free phone, but for the sake of self satisfaction.

In addition, the selection process is of a high standard which is evident from the Lab review threads.

Looking forward for to it again in future. Cheers.

8. PritishPriyam
    Ice Cream Sandwich Writers' Club Dec 8, 2020

PritishPriyam , Dec 8, 2020 :
    The Lab reviewers write damn good reviews . They catch the attention of the user and you don't even realise when u have reached the end of the review. Such is the sheer beauty of the Lab .

9. Abhishek654
    OnePlus Nord 2 Expert Community Expert Dec 8, 2020

yashonagori and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  10. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 8, 2020

11. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 8, 2020

12. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Dec 8, 2020

DarshanMeniya , Dec 8, 2020 :
    The Lab is only initiative in any community in the world where user gives honest review about products!

To be honest before purchasing device it helps me lot!

yashonagori and ShreyasPatil_ like this.
  13. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Writers' Club Dec 8, 2020

Starcommander , Dec 8, 2020 :
    That's an amazing read brother. The way you narrated, I almost felt I was in your place. Cheers to this community I got to virtually meet some amazing folks from my city ;)

14. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2020

15. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Will definitely participate and try to get selected in the next LAB.
    It is an amazing opportunity for users to showcase their reviewing skills

16. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Dec 8, 2020

Nipu_1998 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Thank you @yashonagori for sharing your experience with the LAB.
    The LAB is just an awesome community programme for the tech enthusiasts of our community. It gives them an opportunity to experience the OnePlus devices and also showcase their amazing creative tech reviewing skills.

yashonagori likes this.
  17. PushkarPurohit
    Froyo Dec 8, 2020

PushkarPurohit , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 8, 2020 :
    @yashonagori Excellent read! I am new to this community and also to the world of tech review from reviewer's perspective. Though I can surely understand the sentiment 😊

I believe you must have started your own channel and if not, best wishes for starting soon! 🌟

yashonagori likes this.
  18. SAHILYADAV02
    Eclair Dec 8, 2020

yashonagori likes this.
  19. B1607397250492
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2020

B1607397250492 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    The brand new device, now is already obsolete. I think we should create an alert to get the right phone.

yashonagori and SRD. like this.
  20. Tiago117
    Froyo Dec 8, 2020

Tiago117 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    To be fair, most of the reviews felt like pictures with descriptions. Not very thick with good criticism.

K1ngP1n and yashonagori like this.
  21. Bittoo06
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2020