[Recap] Online OEF: Digital Self

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 20, 2020

Crystal Z. , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hey friends,

How's it going?​
    We hosted our third online Open Ears Forum last Wednesday and it was wonderful to hear so many fresh and creative ideas about digital self. Some of them happen to coincide with what the team is already working on, so let's stay tuned for the future.
    Before the online OEF, I attended the offline OEF in China. Due to the format, it was more interactive, and users could express their opinion via paper cuttings and drawings. With the online space, we're limited to online discussion only, but, nevertheless, achieved a great result. Kudos to all the contributors @shivam31.ag @hemanth.p.haridas @Dhruv Kashyap @Batman360 @J4t1np4r3kh @Shubham_Ag. @CosmicPaladin @luxuskamel @repsakasper @Overzee @TiramisuNY @Schafer @rinkimekari @SLB_OP @That Tech Kid @obakesan @rex.recca @Dunnow @seibel82 @Antonio_Luis

At the start, @ZENG XI shed some light on OOS11, and thanked @Its.Leandroo again for his contributions in UI/UX. (Off topic: Leandro is very popular in OnePlus right now, he was the example for community co-creation culture, the representative of building the product together with OnePlus. And we suppose many Leandros will be born from OEF events and our IDEAS campaign.)
    Nowadays, everyone has a digital self online, that might not be the exact copy of your real you. Concurrently, all of us have plenty of digital property and data there, and that's what we focused on during the OEF – working on protecting your online self while also making sure you have the best experience and can fully express your uniqueness while interacting over the internet.
    This is still a work in progress, and there're lots of room for changes. Luckily, we received many cool and constructive ideas from both online and offline OEFs. I'm sure the product team has enough feedback to digest for the following months. Due to the confidentiality, and since many of the things discussed are still at an early stage, we can't tell more about it, but the future is worthy of waiting.
    Let's not forget to thank the lovely community again for your input. Looking forward to the next one and hopefully it can happen offline soon.

A7R02075.jpg

onlineOEF.jpg
    I would also like to share some BTS from China offline OEF. Seeing them makes me expect the future offline OEFs around the globe, I'm sure it will be much more fun for everyone involved.

BTS011.jpg BTS002.jpg BTS003.jpg

2. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 20, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    @Crystal Z. thanks for the recap 😊 This being my first OEF, I couldn't imagine any better topic to participate in than this one. Thanks alot for having me. Didn't even realise how 2.5hours passed by, felt like we just started 😂 Anyhow, congratulations to my fellow community members who were there, sharing their awesome ideas, it was so nice to finally see you all 🔥😊 Looking forward to the upcoming updates now and also to participate in an Offline OEF soon.😍😉

3. Moin2200
    KitKat Jul 20, 2020

Sam T., luxuskamel, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 20, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the recap.

6. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  7. SRD.
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2020

8. Batman360

9. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2020

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I've been logging on every few hours since the OEF in hopes to see this [e]1f602[/e]. In many aspects of my life I hold strong to one belief, Community is everything. What OnePlus has done from day one, instilling that sense of community, is why I love this brand so much. Not only do you guys do your best to make great products for us, but you include us in as many aspects as you possibly can, and that's what makes it special. Thank you guys for having us. Keep up the relentless pursuit of improvement. Can't wait to participate in the next one [e]270c[/e]️

Vansh99, obakesan, rex.recca and 10 others like this.
  10. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 20, 2020

superplus, Sam T., luxuskamel and 5 others like this.
  11. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 20, 2020

12. Batman360

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 20, 2020

14. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Jul 20, 2020

15. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    So this was definitely an out of the box topic which is rarely discussed upon and it feels really good to be a part of this OEF with OnePlus staff and fellow community users [e]263a[/e]️

I would also like to thank @Sam T. for pitching in sooo many great ideas which OnePlus is lookin forward to embed in the new OOS11, and also amazed to see a good number of inputs from the community members. Hope to see some of those in the future.

Finally, so eager to get my hands on the new OOS11 with those new touches and these privacy features in the final version, which I'm sure would make Oxygen OS stand apart from the competition ( Ok I know it already is, but brace yourselves for what's coming [e]1f603[/e] )

Once again, congratulations to everyone involved and cheers to OnePlus for thinking in line with user's privacy and consent. Future is gonna be great ❣️

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020

16. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

17. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

18. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

19. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the recap @Crystal Z. !
    Sounds like everyone fed in some excellent ideas and had fun.
    I can't wait to hear what gets put in from the community! :blush:

I guess you can call a group of people with IDEAs and Open Ear events a Leandro. ;)

Antonio_Luis, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  20. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2020

Antonio_Luis and Batman360 like this.